Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
Early planning is the key to cheaper vacations.

You're what, two months out? The law of supply and demand is way against you at this point.
Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
The room prices are not affected by early planning, are they?? A garden view room at the Poly is over $500.00/night!!!
Rack rates are not affected by early planning. The rate for Easter week was set when Disney published their 2011 rates and have not fluctuated. Lisa's price quote would have been the same if she had booked 6 months out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
If you want a deluxe you have to pay deluxe prices. It is the same at any other 'deluxe' hotel out there not in Disney, especially at Easter time.
Yes, you will pay deluxe prices for Easter week anywhere else, but Disney's rack rate for that week are pretty high by comparison. I checked the New York Palace, which definitely qualifies as a deluxe hotel, and I could get a room with 2 beds overlooking St. Patrick's Cathedral, which is better than the basic view, for 339 a night. The Hotel Del Coronado is even cheaper than the Poly. I can get a room with 2 beds there for 445 a night. At both of these hotels, this is the "rack rate", not any special rate.