Quantcast Would you sacrifice having park hopper to stay in a better hotel? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

For a deluxe resort.....YES!
    1988-2012
    Fort Wilderness
    Old Key West
    Boardwalk Inn
    Polynesian
    Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would under no circumstances sacrifice getting a Park Hopper pass and being able to go where I want when I want in order to upgrade my hotel. I don't plan to spend all that much time in the hotel, preferring to be out in the parks as much as possible.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with other people who have said it depends on the length of your stay, and the number of people you are travelling with.

That being said, we always do PH, and would never not use them, unless it was a financial necessity. We don't get them to rush from park to park -- we get them primarily b/c we don't care to do the parks w/ evening EMH during the day, as they are the busiest and lines are the longest b/c of people without PH that are stuck going there all day just to get to the EMH at night. We enjoy relaxing somewhere else, having a nice dinner and then heading to EMH w/o having to have waited in crazy lines all day.

As far as the resorts... we have stayed value, mod AND deluxe. Value had either been me on my own for a "girlfriends' trip" or just my DH and I, down there for 3 or 4 nights... we have always gone moderate or deluxe with our girls (now 9 & 12) b/c of the added bathroom space.

But honestly, if I had to choose b/w staying value w/ a PH or going moderate w/o?? I'd stay value and enjoy the freedom a PH gives you, unless your family would really be tight on space. Just my ....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Although it would mean changing our visit and tour approach, I am certain that most of our family would forego Park Hopping to upgrade our resort. We have always had hoppers, or length of stay passes...and used SoG for many of our trips...But last trip, DS#2 and DDiL#2 did not hop...and had a wonderful time...
    Even with hoppers, DW rarely does more than one park a day...While I usually do one park for early opening, letting her sleep in, and then, meet her at her park for that day...To her, the resort is more important, since she spends more of her time there than at the parks. If giving up the PH would allow us to upgrade the resort stay, we could easily adapt, and the consensus is, so could the rest of the family.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting post because I have never thought about not getting Park Hoppers, but then, we are just two people...I can see if you had a family of 5 how PH's could add up!

Personally, I would get PH's and stay at Pop Century - but then, my DH actually really likes the values .
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

We always get Park Hopper passes. And we use them. Maybe we don't every day, but during our trip we used them a few times.

First off, we always rent a car so as to not have to use buses. That helps as one can get between parks much faster when one drives.

Second, park hopper passes gives one a flexibility that one may not always have. For example, this May we will be at WDW. Sunday night my wife and I are having dinner at the California Grill with some friends of ours who live in Orlando. After dinner and fireworks, I am going to take my son back to the MK to go on some rides before bed. However, Sunday will be our day in AK since dinner is at 7 PM. If we didn't have park hopper passes, our day would be done and I couldn't walk over to the MK from the CR to let my son enjoy some rides late at night.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: