Quantcast The Wests Head South Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wests Head South Part 2

Park Report
    Magic Kingdom
    (Thurs)
    I walked in and could not believe the crowd for January. Tons of Brazilian groups! We typically go in late September and early October and we will NEVER stray from this time period again. We did manage to hit nearly everything. Both kids were sad that Splash Mountain was down but knew that before going.

We had an overall great day and it was only marred by some major cutting in line and car swapping that resulted in me on automated walkways trying to scurry for a car for myself and two kids.

My son loved the Jack Sparrow stage show but was disappointed he didn’t get to go up and become a pirate. We enjoyed Dole Whips and fruit smoothies along the way!

Epcot (Friday)
    We started the day late because we intended to stay for EMH. We immediately headed back for our reservation at San Angel Inn for lunch.

Afterward my daughter decided she wanted to do the Kim Possible Secret Agent mission. I moaned and groaned thinking we were going to be running around getting cards stamped or looking for simple signs along the way. I couldn’t have been more wrong and if you have time, I highly recommend it! It is a very interactive experience with major parts of an attraction doing really cool things activated by your child. We all loved this and did secret missions in several countries.

My husband had sprung on me that his co-worker’s family was going to be joining us at Epcot this day and I was livid. I do not do Disney well with others. Consider it a character flaw but I recognize it for what it is and thus I don’t travel with others. So this little kink in my chain really put me in a foul mood.

I’m very aware of my ownership attitude of Disney and I try to compensate for this with others by not making any decisions. Thus NOTHING got accomplished while they were with us. I was so mad at my husband! They had been there for six days and we were there for only three! So unfair!!! The only thing we rode while they were with us was the Maelstrom, Mexican boat ride and Test Track. LUCKILY they had a 7 a.m. flight the next day (I know – I’m evil ) and they left immediately following Illuminations (which was AWESOME as usual!)

I have never done an EMH at Epcot and it was an absolute trip saver for me. We rode Soarin’, The Land, Living Seas and Spaceship Earth -- many of my must-dos that I was despondent over missing during regular hours. A day saved by EMH!!!! I even let my husband off the hook After all, I wouldn’t have even been there if it weren’t for his work.

Hollywood Studios (Saturday)
    What a great day! The weather was gorgeous and we hit every single ride and show – a first for us! My son absolutely LOVED Lights, Camera, Action stunt show and I have to say I was very impressed – this was a first for us. I couldn’t have planned a better day if I tried. And I giggled like a kid riding my favorite, Tower of Terror – gosh I love this ride!

The only negative: my husband and daughter waited in line to ride Rock N Roller Coaster for an hour. They were next in line to get in the car and the ride shut down. It was nearly closing so they gave them front of the line fast passes to use in the next few days. Unfortunately, we were leaving the next morning but we made some folks very happy on the bus ride to the resort. So a very small sour note to an absolutely fabulous day.

Overall – a good trip. Not our best but my husband, who only got a small taste due to work, is the one already planning when we can go again. If you knew my husband, you would know how astounding this is!

Already trying to decide where to stay….
    The Wests
    Aug. 2017 - Disney Wonder Alaska
    Jan. 2017 - All-Star Sports
    Nov. 2015 - Contemporary
    Feb, 2014 - Disney Magic Cruise
    Sept. 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 - CSR
    Oct. 2008 - AKL and Contemporary
    Mar. 2004 - Disneyland
    Sept. 2002- Poly/Cruise
    Sept. 2001 - AKL
    Dec. 1995 - POR Honeymoon

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you missed a few things but, considering this was a "bonus" trip for you, you got quite a lot in!

And, now, you can begin planning for your next trip! What fun!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have planned on doing the Kim Possible Experience with my three DD's on the last two trips but have yet to do it. It rained really hard on our last attempt. We are going to make time on our next trip. We have also had those days over the years where an EMH has saved the day!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the trip reports. I like to live vicariously thru others...enjoyed reading about your vacation.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR