Quantcast Wish we hadn't atteneded MVMCP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wish we hadn't atteneded MVMCP

We're mid week of our family vacation. We attended MVMCP last night for the first time and DH and I were very disappointed.

First of all, it's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's mid 80s at night and you're sweating. No way could you enjoy free cocoa and the cookies, well I might as well have just eaten a jar of sprinkles.

The parade was not much different than the daily afternoon parade. Exceptions where some of the characters had on holiday costumes/scarves and the floats were lit. So DH and I decided to ditch the parade towards the end and try the rides. I thought they would be less crowded but I was very wrong. There was still at LEAST a 20 minute wait for most of them.

And where was Santa Mickey? I asked several CMs and they said there wasn't one anywhere! We also didn't see any characters out for greeting.

Wishes was the only decent part, IMO. And even that wasn't worth the $50 each.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the party?

We attended the MNSSHP in 2006 and were MUCH happier with the night. The parade was different/very entertaining. Characters seemed to be everywhere. The Wishes was spectacular.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you found the part disappointing!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't too happy with it either honestly. We couldn't get near the parade as it was absolutely packed along the parade route and the fireworks were the same. We did walk on most rides though so at least that part was good. I never saw a cocoa or cookie station but I did see the park littered with cups like I have never seen before. There was trash everywhere. I'm not sure that we would do it again except that my DH hates lines so he loved walking on the rides like we did.

I did see CM's asking people to see their bracelets at some spots but no one checked for SM and it was a 30 minute wait to get on there and the parade route was loaded with people without bracelets.
    Heidi (DS16, DD14 and the reluctant DH)
    June 02 off site
    Jan 07 VWL
    Sep 07 off site
    Jan 08 POFQ
    Oct 08 CSR
    Nov 09 Poly
    Nov 10 Off site
    Nov 11 Beach Club
    Nov 12 SSR
    Feb 14 OKW
    Feb 16 SSR
    Dec 17 Yacht Club
    Feb 19 SSR
    Feb 20 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

wow...sorry to hear that!?seems like it would be the most magical holiday event ever seen(all the preperation/hard work that Disney goes with it) but hopefully we'll enjoy it...can't waithope its 80's @ night when we arrivefingers crossed
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. We went two weeks ago and it was wonderful! The temperature was 59, the crowds were light. We saw the Christmas shows, fireworks, and parade with no problem. I thought the parade was great and especially liked the gingerbread men and toy soldiers. The floats, for the most part, were not the ones used in the regular parade. I don't know how you could have missed the snack stands, because they were everywhere, with CMs calling to guests offering them coco and cookies. The rides were all walk ons and the CM's checked wristbands like crazy. All in all it was a wonderful night!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We will be at the party tomorrow nite and it will be about 45°. I wish it would be more like 80 and I would sacrifice the hot chocolate.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyedMuggy View Post
    We will be at the party tomorrow nite and it will be about 45°. I wish it would be more like 80 and I would sacrifice the hot chocolate.
    We'll be at the party Sunday night and I agree - I'll take 80 degrees over hot chocolate. But then again I bought cute long sleeved holiday shirts to wear all week, so the cooler temp will be nice w/ those. Can't wait to get there!!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We agree. We're not even doing MVMCP this year, because it's just not worth it anymore.

They couldn't resist the money grab and just started selling so many more tickets that the park is actually more crowded now during the party than it is during the day!

Why would I pay $50 more to stand in longer lines???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    We agree. We're not even doing MVMCP this year, because it's just not worth it anymore.

They couldn't resist the money grab and just started selling so many more tickets that the park is actually more crowded now during the party than it is during the day!

Why would I pay $50 more to stand in longer lines???
    I guess it depends on when you go. We were there on the 18th and while the crowds were very light, they were light in the park that day anyway (although the party crowds were lighter). I was very impressed. I guess we got lucky!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale2708 View Post
    We'll be at the party Sunday night and I agree - I'll take 80 degrees over hot chocolate.
    Will you Yankees please quit trying to deprive those of us in the Deep South of our 2 or 3 days of winter each year. I get so sick of the heat I'm happy for a break!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Will you Yankees please quit trying to deprive those of us in the Deep South of our 2 or 3 days of winter each year. I get so sick of the heat I'm happy for a break!
    Sorry Chris! But I'm also one of those northerners who would rather wear shorts to the Christmas party!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    We're mid week of our family vacation. We attended MVMCP last night for the first time and DH and I were very disappointed.

First of all, it's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it's mid 80s at night and you're sweating. No way could you enjoy free cocoa and the cookies, well I might as well have just eaten a jar of sprinkles.

The parade was not much different than the daily afternoon parade. Exceptions where some of the characters had on holiday costumes/scarves and the floats were lit. So DH and I decided to ditch the parade towards the end and try the rides. I thought they would be less crowded but I was very wrong. There was still at LEAST a 20 minute wait for most of them.

And where was Santa Mickey? I asked several CMs and they said there wasn't one anywhere! We also didn't see any characters out for greeting.

Wishes was the only decent part, IMO. And even that wasn't worth the $50 each.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the party?

We attended the MNSSHP in 2006 and were MUCH happier with the night. The parade was different/very entertaining. Characters seemed to be everywhere. The Wishes was spectacular.
    Let me guess, your favorite Disney character is SCROOGE McDUCK.

When you said the parade was not much different than the day parade, you gave yourself away. The ONLY thing that they share is the Castle float. Every other float is different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I have to agree with this! I'm so ready for some cooler weather. Don't even feel like pulling out my Christmas decorations in the warm weather we've been having. Cool stuff....come on down! :cold:

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO the best after hours event is MNSSHP, I'd take that over MVMCP any day. I haven't found much redeeming about the Christmas party.

BUT, given the choice or a Halloween vacation or a Christmas vacation, I'll take Christmas in the world every time. The whole resort is much more festive for XMas than Halloween, although Halloween is still my favorite holiday.

Quite honestly, I can hardly tell the difference between any of the parades at MK these days. I've seen many of the same floats since the mid 90's, although I'll admit, since there hasn't been much change, we haven't gone to many recently either.

The weather in Florida for XMas is a bit of a downer as well. I'd prefer like 60's over the 80's. You don't want to be walking around in the 30's!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand the whole MVMCP thing. I think they should just do the holiday parade every afternoon and make the Holiday Wishes the "nightly" entertainment for the holiday season.

This is how they do it at Disneyland (although, rumor is this is the last year of running things this way). I think if you are going to advertise the "Holiday" season, it's only right to let EVERYONE experience the same festive parades and fireworks. It's really greedy of Disney to even hold this event. Halloween...that's a bit different, IMO. That party seems appropriate, what with the costumes and trick or treat stations and all. But, the Christmas season just seems like Disney could drop the "party" very easily.

These hard ticket events, generally, are a big turn off for me. I'll never pay for one...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I've always enjoyed it the times that I've done it, but I will say that I do enjoy it more when it is cold outside. It isn't so much that I like the cold, more just that it adds to the Christmas atmosphere.

I think I like MNSSHP better than MVMCP, but they are both fun IMO. Sorry you didn't have such a great experience!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. We loved it when we went a couple years ago. It was cool in the evening, but not enough for a coat, and there were no lines for anything. We saw plenty of characters, also. Maybe they have made some changes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Let me guess, your favorite Disney character is SCROOGE McDUCK.

When you said the parade was not much different than the day parade, you gave yourself away. The ONLY thing that they share is the Castle float. Every other float is different.
    lol
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVED it the 1st time we went. But, I agree once was enough. We didn't enjoy it as much the 2nd time.

I do like when it's a bit cooler too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I have to agree with this! I'm so ready for some cooler weather. Don't even feel like pulling out my Christmas decorations in the warm weather we've been having. Cool stuff....come on down! :cold:
    Mel, you can have it!!! Up here in south central PA it went from 61 at 6am to 31 at noon today!! Along with moderate to high winds and bucketloads of rain! (And we can't get rid of rain as easily as you can down there on that sandbar!! LOL)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: