Quantcast AP monthly payment program - Opinions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AP monthly payment program - Opinions?

Our family of five is thinking of buying the annual passes on the payment program.

Has anyone on here done this and if so, what are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't signed up for this program yet since our current passes aren't set to expire until December. At that point, we will be doing the payment program. Although I haven't done this program yet through Disney, I have done the similar programs offered by Busch Gardens and Universal. I never had any problems with those programs. My debit or credit card would be charged for the same amount around the same time monthly. With those programs, once you met your annual commitment, you could keep your pass active if you allowed them to continue charging your card the same amount each month. I'm not sure if Disney will handle renewals the same way.
    Tony
    Former Operations CM at Disney's Animal Kingdom! (Tarzan Rocks & Dinosaur)
    College Program Participant
    May 2001 - November 2001

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Our family of five is also thinking of utilizing the AP payment program. Actually, our daughter, who recently turned two, won't need her pass until July 2011.

We calculated that the initial charge will be just over $300 and that the monthly charge will be about $70. We are Florida residents and even with the FL discount, this still is a much better value per month than what we have done in the past. We figure that with the APs, we will visit the parks probably twice a month on average. Since we live about an hour away, some of those visits will be day trips to the parks and some visits will be ones where we will want to stay for a few days.

I know that the last time we checked, park hopper four days for all of us ran about $500, and with the AP payments, this will make return trips more likely as they will be more affordable. The parks will likely benefit from families like ours because we tend to stay on property, we spend at least $100 a day on WDW dining and the kids love to come back with the usual gear.

We are looking forward to spending more time at WDW very soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would so this for everyone!! Sounds like a great thing!
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

actually, why wouldn't they do that. Imagine being able to just pay monthly for park admissions i/o trying to come up with 5-6 dollars for an AP. Spread it out over a few months and no interest for the credit card
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

There is really no reason not to do this. You don't have to pay interest on the pass, and they just auto debit it from your credit card every month. We look at it as another bill to pay. It's our "entertainment" bill. For DH and I (Disneyland passes), we pay $33 per month. I pay for the kids passes with cash, but since DH and I have to renew in the same month, we do ours on the payment plan. It's hard to come up with $700-800 right before Christmas!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We are up for renewal in Jan. Being right after Christmas, DH said he didn't think we could do it this year. But thanks to the payment plan, we will. I am so happy they finally offered it.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: