Quantcast MNSSHP - Just got off phone with Disney - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a valid point faline. We have used our MYW passes to enter MK in the morning on party days AND having also purchased a MNSSHP ticket, stayed in the park ALL DAY and then got our wristbands to stay through the party sometime after 4 pm.

I think people who think they have some sort of "exclusive right" to use of the park or its attractions from 4 til 7 that has been violated because the party ticket holders can come in before the actual party starts are misguided. That's Disney's policy to allow party guests into the park at 4pm, and always has been, so there is no "right" to exclusive use of any attractions after 4. After 7, it is a different story because Disney chooses to make it a special hard-ticket event. Theme park passes do not guarantee you any kind of limited numbers of park guests on any day of the year, or give you any "rights" Disney can let any number of paying guests (up to the safety code maximum) in the parks anytime they want to. If someone doesn't think its fair, then they should write a complaint letter to Disney, or just don't go to MK on a party day if they don't like it. Life is too short too worry about somebody maybe making your waiting line a little teeny bit longer during a WDW vacation. I say, get over it.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    How would you handle someone who has a right to be in the park before the party but also has party tickets and enters around 4 p.m.? For example, I've had annual passes which would allow me into the park during regular park hours. However, I've entered the Magic Kingdom around 4 or so and, instead of using my annual pass, I've used my party ticket and gotten a wristband. This was mostly done for my convenience - so I wouldn't have to worry about getting a wrist band later.
    It's the same situation as the way it works now. If someone is at the park all day on their annual pass, at some point they will have to go somewhere in the park to get their wristband so that they can access the attractions after 7pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SelfmadeWade View Post
    It's the same situation as the way it works now. If someone is at the park all day on their annual pass, at some point they will have to go somewhere in the park to get their wristband so that they can access the attractions after 7pm.
    But, that means at some point you can't access the rides. If you do that before 7, you can't can't access the rides until after 7 even though you have a valid ticket for pre-7 p.m.. If you wait until 7 to do that, you miss part of the party while hunting down a wristband and can't access attractions until you get it even though you have a valid post-7 p.m. ticket. Why would that be fair? Especially when I have tickets that allow me access on both sides of the clock turning 7 p.m.?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have been 3 times so far and are going again this Oct 31st. Everytime we were there during the day and then went to the pavillion area by Tomorrow land around 4-5pm and received our wristbands. We continued on about out fun until the start of halloween party at 7pm. There was no issue in doing this I thought it to be pretty easy. Not sure what all the concern is for those that have the MNSSHP tickets.
    12-AKV (Jun)
    11-BLT (Nov)
    10-AKV (Jun) BLT (Nov)
    09-New DVC member @BLT
    09-SSR ( Dec)
    08-POFQ (Halloween)
    07-AS Music (Halloween)
    06-AS Movies (Halloween)
    05-AS Movies (Apr)
    01-2003 Off Site
    00-CS (5 year anniversary)
    97-AS Sports (friends wedding)
    95-Dixie Landings (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

But, that means at some point you can't access the rides. If you do that before 7, you can't can't access the rides until after 7 even though you have a valid ticket for pre-7 p.m.. If you wait until 7 to do that, you miss part of the party while hunting down a wristband and can't access attractions until you get it even though you have a valid post-7 p.m. ticket. Why would that be fair? Especially when I have tickets that allow me access on both sides of the clock turning 7 p.m.?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydad153 View Post
    We have been 3 times so far and are going again this Oct 31st. Everytime we were there during the day and then went to the pavillion area by Tomorrow land around 4-5pm and received our wristbands. We continued on about out fun until the start of halloween party at 7pm. There was no issue in doing this I thought it to be pretty easy. Not sure what all the concern is for those that have the MNSSHP tickets.
    Sorry Faline, I mean no disrespect, but just as it works today, at some point people would need to take a few minutess ( say at 6:45pm) to get their wristbands from someplace in the park, and then they could continue on into the evening.

As Disneydad points out, to do this at the pavillion near Tomorrwland is easy with no issue. My opinion is that it would work much better than clearing the park and making hundreds of people go stand in line in front of the turnstiles waiting for a 7pm entry time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Faline, I mean no disrespect, but just as it works today, at some point people would need to take a few minutess ( say at 6:45pm) to get their wristbands from someplace in the park, and then they could continue on into the evening.

As Disneydad points out, to do this at the pavillion near Tomorrwland is easy with no issue. My opinion is that it would work much better than clearing the park and making hundreds of people go stand in line in front of the turnstiles waiting for a 7pm entry time.
    I'm playing a bit of a devil's advocate here but I don't see this as a better system. If all partygoers have to go retrieve a wristband around 6:45, it just moves the crush of people from one location to the other. As the system currently works, people who are attending the party receive their wristbands as they enter the park and this process is spread over approximately 3 or more hours. I see this as a better process than the solution that was put forth here (i.e. preventing folks with wristbands from accessing the attractions once in the park).
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm playing a bit of a devil's advocate here but I don't see this as a better system. If all partygoers have to go retrieve a wristband around 6:45, it just moves the crush of people from one location to the other. As the system currently works, people who are attending the party receive their wristbands as they enter the park and this process is spread over approximately 3 or more hours. I see this as a better process than the solution that was put forth here (i.e. preventing folks with wristbands from accessing the attractions once in the park).
    But it would not be ALL partygoers retrieving their wristbands at 6:45pm, it would just be the ones who are already in the park as day guests and hold an evening ticket as well.

The majority of evening hard ticket holders would be getting theirs between 4pm and 7pm as they enter the park - thus actually avoiding a crush. The 6:45pm scenario is just for those who have been in the park all day already and would be getting their wristbands from the Tomorrowland pavillion (or other pick-up spots if Disney would create them.)

Post Thanks / Like

How about different colored wristbands?

red - ride all day
    blue - after 7 p.m.
    yellow - up until 7 p.m.

Let me mention...I've never been to one of the hard ticket events as we always go during the summer but I can see both sides. Seems like the problem isn't people that have tickets for both and allowed to be there all day but people that either have a day ticket or a ticket to the party. If there were different colors and you had a day ticket and a party ticket then you could just get your wristband whenever you enter the park and not have to worry about checking in again at 4:00, 5:00, 6:00 or 7:00. There would also be less concern about when party goers get in because they couldn't ride until 7:00 but could still be allowed to shop and eat until the party starts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post

red - ride all day
    blue - after 7 p.m.
    yellow - up until 7 p.m.
    This is the sort of system that would work.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post

red - ride all day
    blue - after 7 p.m.
    yellow - up until 7 p.m.

Let me mention...I've never been to one of the hard ticket events as we always go during the summer but I can see both sides. Seems like the problem isn't people that have tickets for both and allowed to be there all day but people that either have a day ticket or a ticket to the party. If there were different colors and you had a day ticket and a party ticket then you could just get your wristband whenever you enter the park and not have to worry about checking in again at 4:00, 5:00, 6:00 or 7:00. There would also be less concern about when party goers get in because they couldn't ride until 7:00 but could still be allowed to shop and eat until the party starts.
    I agree with mom2mickeyfan. The larger issue is how to handle the majority of people in the park - those who have day tickets only and those who have night tickets only. The people who have both tickets is a much smaller group.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with mom2mickeyfan. The larger issue is how to handle the majority of people in the park - those who have day tickets only and those who have night tickets only. The people who have both tickets is a much smaller group.
    I have no way of knowing what the numbers are but I'm not sure this is true. There are a group of folks who are annual passholders so, obviously have day tickets; another group have park hoppers so, even if they went to another park they day, they still have the right to enter the Magic Kingdom during regular hours; and another group have passes that they used to enter the park during regular hours. The only two groups that wouldn't be able to enter during regular hours are those who did not use a park ticket at all that day and those who don't have park hoppers and spent the day at another park.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It stands to reason that if the majority of people attending were guests who had both a day ticket and a night ticket, then Disney would just make the party part of any daily admission and avoid the whole mess.

Obviously they are making money off those who come only for the night party and thus put themselves (and us!) through all of these strategies and theories as to how to do it best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frakers View Post
    Because I don't want to. Why should I have to? Because you say I should? You're assuming I'm there for "X" number of nights.
    You do know there are 3 other parks you can go to after 7 don't you? We schedule are days in advance. If the MK closes early anytime during our stay we hit one of the others. They have been holding these parties for some time now. I can't help it if you don't plan your trips in advance. WDW doesn't know you will be down for day that they have them. These are planned months in advance and are posted for everybody to see.

Post Thanks / Like

It is just a logistical problem, you can't have 50,000 people leaving MK at 7:00 pm while 15,000 are coming in. That just would never work with the current transportation system or any system for that matter.

If anyone knows their logistics it is Disney. And I think their system is working pretty good.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

Post Thanks / Like

How do ball parks do it when you don't have tickets to both games of a double header?
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    How do ball parks do it when you don't have tickets to both games of a double header?
    Double-headers are a 2 for 1 deal. If you have tickets to one game you get to see both. They don't sell separate tickets for each game. (Cause it would be way too difficult to clear the park and re-fill it in the half hour or so between games). They're like the old-fashioned double features at the drive-in.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in WDW right now. My DD & I attended MNSSHP on Sept. 28th. We were allowed to enter the park at 4. At 7 CM's started checking wrist bands & were asking non party guest to exit the park. If you didn't have a wristbands you were not allowed to continue into any of the lands.
    FIRST 1975
    LAST : Jan 2017
    UP NEXT: Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Double-headers are a 2 for 1 deal. If you have tickets to one game you get to see both. They don't sell separate tickets for each game. (Cause it would be way too difficult to clear the park and re-fill it in the half hour or so between games). They're like the old-fashioned double features at the drive-in.
    In Major Leauge Baseball, those types of double headers are rare these days. The majority (like almost all) are "day/night" double headers. One game at 1:00 and the second at 7:00 (or so.) This gives several hours to clear out the stadium, and security does ask people to leave. It's done this way so they won't lose a games revenue from a rain out. I miss the old days of scheduled 1 ticket double headers.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESMOM View Post
    I am in WDW right now. My DD & I attended MNSSHP on Sept. 28th. We were allowed to enter the park at 4. At 7 CM's started checking wrist bands & were asking non party guest to exit the park. If you didn't have a wristbands you were not allowed to continue into any of the lands.
    This sounds like the best solution. Why Disney can't do this on a consistent basis is beyond me.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    This sounds like the best solution. Why Disney can't do this on a consistent basis is beyond me.
    AFAIK, this is the standard operating procedure and what the CM's do, and have been doing, for every hard ticket party for years, now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: