Quantcast Taxis

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Taxis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taxis

A lot of posters mention taking taxis. Do you have to call for one, or are they parked at the resorts/parks waiting? Average cost? We are going for a short trip this fall and I'm thinking taxis may save some time.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't have to call for one at the deluxe resorts. Taxis are usually outside waiting for fares. If not the Valet Attendants will arrange one for you. You weren't real clear about where you wanted the taxis to take you, which determines cost. To the parks from a resort? about $15, I think, though I'm not positive. There are taxis at the parks.
    Not sure about the logistics at the moderates and values.

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

There are taxis outside of all of the resorts that I've ever stayed at (Value, Moderate and Deluxe). Even if there wasn't one at the time, it would be a matter of moments before a Cast Member could arrange one for you. We've also taken a taxi from the Studios where there was one waiting.... I am not so sure about the other parks.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

We just go to the front an have the valet call for a taxi. Some times they are waiting and sometimes they have not been waiting. We find that it is the best way to go from resort to resort or to the park in the am for an early ADR. I can't remember ever paying over $20 to go anywhere on property.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Taxis do save time on occasion. We just have the valet get us a taxi, too, but there are usually plenty on call. I've paid up to $25 on property with tip, but it's usually more $10-15. It's handy on occasion, but not something I would do all the time.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, taking a taxi is sometimes your only option. If you are playing mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens after The Studios has closed, you're gonna have to get a cab to your resort. Unless some especially helpfull CM takes you in his car. Also, for early Character Breakfasts, or going from resort to resort. Going from a park to Downtown Disney also is a good trip for a cab.

But for the vast majority of your travels around the world, the Disney Bus system is your best, and free, ride.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who aren't familiar, I want to gently point out that if you have the valet/bell services CM get a taxi for you, it is customary to tip that cast member for that service.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is a short trip you may just want to rent a car. For the price of a trip a day in a cab you can probably rent a compact and have it available at will.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me where you get a cab when exiting EACH specific park? My wife and I wanted desperately to take a cab back from DHS to the CR, but didn't see any cabs??? I never saw any cabs at any park, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Do you have to take the tram, or can you walk? Is it near the buses?

Please be specific.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Can someone tell me where you get a cab when exiting EACH specific park? My wife and I wanted desperately to take a cab back from DHS to the CR, but didn't see any cabs??? I never saw any cabs at any park, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Do you have to take the tram, or can you walk? Is it near the buses?

Please be specific.
    I guess I am not the only one who couldn't find a taxi at the parks, nobody on Intercot can either!....
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think the tougher part of answering your question are the specifics you are looking for. In Epcot the taxis are located in the same area that the busses pick up. I recall them being just past the busses. I am fairly certain I have also seen a sign for taxis just not sure exactly where. In the MK they would be somewhere at the TTC. Not sure on AK or DHS.

We use taxis a few times on each of our WDW stays but never from a park back "home" or to another resort. Neither have we used them to a park either. I would use a taxi for an early ADR to any park except MK since the drop off would be at the TTC and you would still have to take either the monerail or the ferry over. Might as well plan ahead and take the resort bus or take a taxi to the CR and walk over to the MK.

We use taxis as transportation inbetween resorts. If we have dinner or breakfast at another resort it is SO much easier to have a direct route rather than resort - park - resort. If we are traveling a direct route, for example to/from a resort to a park we just use that resorts park bus.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    We use taxis a few times on each of our WDW stays but never from a park back "home" or to another resort. I would use a taxi for an early ADR to any park except MK since the drop off would be at the TTC and you would still have to take either the monerail or the ferry over.
    I have only used taxi's when the park closes and the busses are so congested that I don't want to wait or when I have an ADR at another resort. The one time I had an early ADR at the castle for breakfast, the taxi took me from the Beach Club right up to the turn stiles at MK. I didn't have to stop at the TTC. Is this something new?
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

The taxi's are by the 1st bus station at Epcot, and at the TTC at Magic Kingdom. I too am unsure about Animal Kingdom or the Studios. We have taken cabs on a few occasions. From AKL to MK it was around $10. We learned our lesson our last trip by not utilizing a metered cab at closing from Epcot to POP (which is a 5 min ride) the guy charged us $17 bucks which I argued with him over, then gave in and paid him with no tip. I will never use a non-metered cab again.

Also, on more than 1 occasion Disney has driven us from a deluxe resort in a white van as a courtesy with no charge. Not sure how that works, but we had it happen from the Contemporary & Wilderness Lodge on separate occasions. We tipped them well!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: