Quantcast Stanley Cup Playoff Thread - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Game 1 Looks like it's gonna be a fun series to watch!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

11 Goals in one game. What a crazy game could have gone either way. Glad to see the Hawks were the one's on top.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy is the best word to describe it. Back and forth all night long. It's a bummer the Flyers didn't come out on top. The messiest play was when we turned it over during that one power play when the 'Hawks got a breakaway and scored. However, I was impressed by the Flyers ability to regroup and attack and hang in there. Sometimes those kind of goals can completely take the wind out of your sails.
    I'm not sure I agreed with Laviolette pulling Leighton... hopefully can clear his head and get his mojo back for game 2. If this is indicative of how the series is going to be, I may not make it!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It was a crazy and enjoyable game to watch (especially in conjuction with Halladay's perfect game!), but the Flyers cannot win against the Blackhawks playing this brand of wide open hockey.

Laviolette is a smart, good coach. He'll have them back playing their tight checking, defensive-minded brand of hockey tonight.

If he doesn't, this is gonna be a short series!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, our defense was definitely better tonight. Not sure why it took half the game for the offense to wake up, and even when they did they forgot how to go top shelf.

Still, there is nothing about these two games that has me completely disheartened. I still feel like both games could've gone either way. Niemi got lucky on a lot of those shots. I think we have a good chance to win at home, and then we'll see where it goes from there. Obviously it doesn't look good going down 2-0, but this Flyers team has given us every reason not to give up on them yet. Home to Philly we go.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree to an extent, but these two losses have been very frustrating to me, a fan. I can't help but wonder what they've done to the players ... although, I guess this team has shown that they have what it takes to pull through the tough times, so who knows.

I honestly felt like the Flyers outplayed the 'Hawks for the majority of the game last night. The first period was pretty balanced and then in the second period, outside of the defensive lapse that lead to the first goal and the absolutely horrific goaltending that lead to the second, the Flyers dominated play. The third period was obviously all Flyers and, quite frankly, I have no clue how none of those glorious scoring chances ended up in the back of the net.

The way I look at it is this ... they always say that in hockey it's not a series until one team wins on the other team's ice and that hasn't happened yet. If the Flyers come home and win the next two it's a series again and momentum is on the Flyers' side.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Ian that Flyers were more dominate in the 3rd period last night. Niemi was without a doubt standing on his head last night.

Of course from my perspective these games were great. As for the next two games; I will be surpirsed if the Flyers win both games. The Hawks are so good on the road during these playoffs it would be a huge momentum changer if the Flyers win both. And I'm not arrogant enough to believe that the Hawks will sweep this series. The Flyers are a much better match for the Hawks than any other team they faced.

So whats with Pronger stealing the pucks at the end of the games? Just playing head games I assume.

GO HAWKS!!!
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, Pronger is kind of a donkey sometimes. He just doesn't really care what anyone else thinks and he's kind of full of himself. For example my husband works in a big grocery store in the neighborhood where a lot of the players live. The guys always to Flyers players (Briere, Gagne, LaPerriere most recently) and Phillies players are in there all the time. Pronger is the only one who Big Times everyone. He covers his face and walks on by, not wanting to be bothered.
    That being said I still love that he's on my team and he cracks me up. Loved his response when asked what Eager was talking to him about: "I couldn't hear him, I don't speak gibberish."
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Well hats off to the Flyers for sneaking away with that one. Another game that could have gone either way. I'm glad that this is an exciting series but expect the Blackhawks to play better on Friday.
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Well hats off to the Flyers for sneaking away with that one. Another game that could have gone either way. I'm glad that this is an exciting series but expect the Blackhawks to play better on Friday.
    I think that it just goes to show how evenly matched the two teams really are. I think it's just going to come down to which team makes the least mistakes, and which goaltender plays better on any given night. I still think the Flyers can win this.

By the way, I was at the game. It was just electric. So much fun.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, these games have been about as close as you can get really.

A couple random thoughts ...

I've been really impressed by the Blackhawks fans. They get loud. They're clearly a very passionate and involved fan base. Love it.

In the battle of the goal songs, the Flyers win by a country mile. That Chelsea Dagger song, despite having such a masuline title, is actually kind of girlie.

That By-foog-lian dude seems overrated to me. He hasn't done a thing yet in these playoffs.

On the other hand, I think Niemi's stats were misleading. He had pretty average numbers coming into this series, but he's been outstanding thus far. Truth is, without his play, I think the 'Hawks might be down 2-1 in this series instead of vice versa.

Looking forward to game 4 tonight ...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, well, well.... all tied up!

Had to listen to the game on the radio all last night and I darn near had a heart attack. Watching the replay now. This is just an insane series. Good for the NHL, bad for our nervous systems.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, these games have been about as close as you can get really.

A couple random thoughts ...

I've been really impressed by the Blackhawks fans. They get loud. They're clearly a very passionate and involved fan base. Love it.

In the battle of the goal songs, the Flyers win by a country mile. That Chelsea Dagger song, despite having such a masuline title, is actually kind of girlie.

That By-foog-lian dude seems overrated to me. He hasn't done a thing yet in these playoffs.

On the other hand, I think Niemi's stats were misleading. He had pretty average numbers coming into this series, but he's been outstanding thus far. Truth is, without his play, I think the 'Hawks might be down 2-1 in this series instead of vice versa.

Looking forward to game 4 tonight ...

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With regards to Byfuglien so getting a Hat Trick against Vancouver was nothing? Your right he hasn't done much in this series but a lot of that has to do with Pronger getting what I like to call "Michael Jordan treatment". All those times during the Bulls Championship runs, all I ever heard from fans of the other teams is how MJ would get away with murder. Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of that coin.

But penalties is not why the Hawks lost last night. They didn't bring their A game. The one positive we have going for us is there yet to be a road victory. I feel that whoever wins on Sunday will win the Cup.

Of Course I hope its the Hawks because we haven't had much to cheer about since 90's with the Bulls. (I'm Cubs fan so the Sox World Series doesn't count in my book).

One side question are Philadelphia fans as rude as I'm reading in the papers here? Or is just a small percentage that are bad apples.

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One side question are Philadelphia fans as rude as I'm reading in the papers here? Or is just a small percentage that are bad apples.
    I won't even bother to answer the question, because it should be pretty obvious.

I will say, though, that there has been a lot of talk locally about the whining of the Chicago press. Are all Chicago reporters whiny or is it just a few bad apples?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!
    Well, we don't dump beer on outfielders, or beat up first base coaches if that's what you're asking. Seriously though, those reports are ridiculous. Just like any other city with a passionate fan base and alcohol being served, you are going to have a few "bad apples." I don't know why everyone loves picking on us. There was a Hawks fan in the row in front of me for game 3. She gave as good as she got. It was all good natured ribbing... nobody cursed her out or threw food or drink on her. But no one wants to hear about the fans who have pleasant experiences because it's not sensational enough.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Great game tonight. Finally the Hawks played how they are capable. Now I'm hoping that we can finish this in philly on Wednesday. It will be tough win but I think it is possible. Only time will tell. Can't wait for Wednesday night.

One Goal

Lets Go Blackhawks!!!
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ha, yeah that was an utter beatdown last night. Not sure what happened there ... It looked to me like the Flyers just had no energy and were really slow to the puck, losing the one on one battles, and making bad mental mistakes.

But honestly it was hard to tell if it was the Flyers playing poorly or the 'Hawks just playing up to their potential.

One thing I will say is that this Flyers team is really resilient and responds to adversity well. I'll be very surprised if they lose game 6.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hawks Win Stanley Cup!!

Congratulations to the Flyers for a great series and Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the CUP!
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks Win!!! Hawks Win!!!!!

What a fantastic finish to a fantastic series. I haven't been this happy as a Chicago fan in such a long time. Very fitting that Kane got the winning goal. Toews wins Conn Smythe Trophy, which I'm surprised about, could have gone to Duncan Keith or even Pronger. Either way it had a happy ending for us here in Chicago.

On a side note...hats off to the Flyers fans in the building being respectful when they loss. I thought I heard some booing but that's understandable.

More to come next season I hope.
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to Chicago. Although being a Philly native, I was not cheering for you.

Since the 2008 World Series win by the Phillies, the first major sports championship in a generation, Philadelphia teams have now lost both a World Series and the Stanley Cup in a one-year period. It sounds like things are returning to the normal state of dissapointment for Philly sports fans.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: