Quantcast Cape May Cafe

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cape May Cafe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape May Cafe

Not sure if I'm on the right board, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to Cape May Cafe from Port Orleans? Help! We are going for the breakfest character meal. Thanks everyone!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What time?

The fastest is usually taxi. Going from resort to resort is tough with the new bus system, ESPECIALLY to a resort in the am. Because if that, if a taxi doesn't fit the budget, then bus to MGM and then walk over to Beach Club. In the summer that could be a long hot walk...

The boat may be running as well, but walking is quicker...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, for breakfast I recommend taxi too. The busses are going to the parks. You could go to MK and ask a bus supervisor if they can send a bus to the Beach Club. DW, DD and I had a tough time getting to Cape May for breakfast one year. We went to Boma for breakfast from BLT. We walked to MK and asked a bus supervisor if they could send a bus to AKL. They did. It is Disney after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Third suggestion for a taxi! Much, much easier and saves a TON of time!!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Plus it's a long walk to the BC from DHS
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's breakfest @ the busiest time. Can we go to EPCOT and go thru the park to the International Gateway(back exit) and walk from there or is it too far? Looking like we may have to do a taxi, just would rather not and save $$.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's breakfest @ the busiest time. Can we go to EPCOT and go thru the park to the International Gateway(back exit) and walk from there or is it too far? Looking like we may have to do a taxi, just would rather not and save $$.
    Provided your breakfast is after Epcot opening (9:00 am?) you could potentially do this. However, that is a lot of walking just to get to an ADR. You'd potentially need to leave 75+ minutes before your ADR to ensure arriving on time - and, depending upon the weather, you may be totally worn out if you're having to set a fast pace in the heat!

We are eating dinner at Cape May this summer, and I need to figure out where to park since we'll have a rental car.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

The walk through Epcot to the BC is probably longer than the walk from MGM to BC. Not by far though...

An early breakfast will be problematic without a taxi. If it were me and I didn't want to foot the taxi bill, I'd try MGM. You WILL find a bus to a park, you may have trouble getting a bus to a resort that early, so at least you can walk. It's a nice walk, but somewhat long.

You head toward the boat launch, and then swing around the water to the left. You'll go under a couple bridges, pass by tennis courts on your right. Continue walking along the waterway until you hit a bridge you can walk over on your left. Take that, once over the bridge head to your left and follow the walkway over to the Beach Club. I think going through the Boardwalk might mean a little more walking...

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! I didn't realize how big of a pain this is going to be. Does anyone know how do I get a taxi? That may sound like a stupid question to some, but where I live....there's not many of them. And also...how much do you think a taxi will cost? Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about cost, but the front desk can get you one, if there isn't one out front already. They are fairly common in WDW, lots of people need last minute trips here or there and don't have a car.

I believe that FL is a per ride, not per person billing for cabs, although I admit I've never taken one. I usually have no trouble getitng around. The one place that was the biggest problem though is, you guessed it, Cape May! Iv'e never done an early breakfast there without actually staying at BC.

Post Thanks / Like

We almost always use the busses - from the resort to any park, from the park to the resort. it takes a bit of time, but we don't mind it at all. BUT the one time we took a taxi it was really easy - they called it from the front desk and it was there right away; it was from the beach club to the Poly and I think it was about 10 bucks - definitely not more than 15 at the most.

Post Thanks / Like

We were advised by three different cast members to take the bus to Cape May for our breakfast reservation. It turns out that the busses weren't even running in time for us to get there. The valet at AKL got a cab for us and the very kind cab driver got us there in time.

The valet told us that he recommended taking a cab to any breakfast reservation that is prior to park opening.

I also want to tell you how much we enjoyed the Cape May breakfast! We went back that night for the clam bake which we enjoyed just as much. I wish I would be there with you!

Post Thanks / Like

A few trips ago we started taking taxis to and from resorts. We have four children and after a long day in tha parks and dinner at a resort other than our own the last thing we feel like doing is heading all the way back to a park just to catch a bus home. In all the trips we have taken (our last was from OKW to the Poly) I cannot remember ever paying over $20. As a family of 6 we like to save money just like anyone else but in a situation like this piece of mind is worth every penny.

Post Thanks / Like

We took a cab from Cape May to the Pop once and with tip it was about $12.00.We've learned that taking cabs to get to resorts saves a ton of time and it's alot cheaper than renting a car.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    We are eating dinner at Cape May this summer, and I need to figure out where to park since we'll have a rental car.

We always rent a car, and the parking at the Beach Club is very easy. Just come up to the gate and tell them you have a reservation and they will tell you where to park. Each time we have been to the Beach Club we have parked very close to the main entrance. Very handy.
    May 1985-School Trip
    Dec 1989-Family Trip
    Oct 1996-5th Anniverary Trip-POR
    Jan 2001-Westgate Lakes (WL)
    Jan 2002-WL
    Jan 2003-WL
    Jan 2004-Wydham Palms
    Dec 2004-Cypress Pointe (CP)
    Jan 2006-CP
    2007-The Year of the Annnual Pass
    Jan 2007-CP
    June 2007-CP
    Nov 2007-CP
    Dec 2009-CP
    June 2010-CP

Post Thanks / Like

We always rent a car, and the parking at the Beach Club is very easy. Just come up to the gate and tell them you have a reservation and they will tell you where to park. Each time we have been to the Beach Club we have parked very close to the main entrance. Very handy.
    Thanks! We've been in the area once with a rental car when DS was younger & participated in the Pirate Cruise at BC/YC. I remember that parking seemed very scarce & I didn't want to spend an hour trying to find a parking spot! We may just valet since we can do so with our TiW card without charge.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use Disney transportation only, I would take the bus to Downtown Disney, then transfer to get the the Cape May home resort. PO is close to Downtown Disney, and the buses may less crowded, as most people will be trying to get to the parks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: