Quantcast Is everyone going in september?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is everyone going in september?

Reading posts around intercot, seems to me a lot of people are planning to attend in September... is it a really crowded time to go?
    șoș MickeyLuver șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

2 words... Free dining... I hope if everyone is there in Sept. Then maybe June will be empty...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

This family is going in September....not for the free dining though ( we have done the free dining the very first year they offered it). This year we are going for the "kids stay and play for free". We have four children now and it is just more economical for us this way, otherwise we would not be able to go this year. I hope it won't be overly crowded but we are just "jazzed" about getting to go
    Amy
    First trip in 1983...at 5 yrs old and have been hooked ever since!
    Next trip: Last week in April 2015 at Fort Wilderness Campground

Post Thanks / Like

After having been around Intercot for 6 years now I've discovered there are 3 main times folks talk about going to WDW - December, May, and September (since "free" dining started). The main reason is everyone talks about wanting low crowds and those used to be 3 of the best months - special events, good weather, and really low crowds. With sites like Intercot everyone discovered those times so now all 3 of those months have become fairly crowded. Of the 3, though, September is still probably the least crowded. Expect the restaurants to be jam packed, but the wait lines probably won't be too bad.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We are going back in September because our most recent Spring Break trip was crazy crowded . I knew to expect crowds, but it was really bad. Much worse that our previous Spring Break trip. MK closed to Phase 4 three times towards the end of the week. We were there the week before Easter.

I am really hoping Sept is not that bad. We are only going for 4 nights/5 days and picked this time because the kids only have 2 days of school that week (and it is only the second week of school). My son is starting junior high (6th grade) and don't want to take them out.

I will be so upset if the crowds are bad. When we went in Oct we felt the crowds were high too (almost as bad as April 2006) because the parks close much earlier so you have less time to visit. That is also the case for this coming Sept.

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

me and dw went for the first time in september last year (for dw bday + free din), and with the exception of the first day, in which we went to epcot the rest of the trip was very crowded. we couldn't believe on how crowded it was to be honest with ya. we were there during the 2nd week, at 1 point i said to dw this feels like a may/june trip, but we didn't let bother us were in WDW everything is great

victor

ps we will be there again this september
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

We used to love going in OCT. but you are right Disneyfirsttimer. It is crazy now. We went on our honeymoon 13 years ago this October and it was perfect but I wouldn't go during this time now with the family, it has become busy busy busy!
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like

We have went to WDW 4 times end of Sept. to first part of October, 1 time in May and 1 in June and the Sept. trip is by far the least crowded. Although all the trips were a good time of year for us i love the weather and crowds much better in Spet./Oct. It is our favorite time to go even with the free dining. Just being at WDW if it is busier this year i will gladly take it!!!
    Lori

Tinkerbell Fan "Here's Pixie Dust to You"

October 2005, Animal Kingdom and CBR
    Sept. 2006, POR
    Sept. 2007, AS Music
    May 2008, AS Movies
    April 2009, AS Music
    Sept. 2010 POFQ
    Sept. 2012 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Fan View Post
    Just being at WDW if it is busier this year i will gladly take it!!!
    That is what I say! It least we are going this year...thought we might not make it at all!
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like

Husband and I went 1st week of Sept last year. The crowds weren't to bad. It did get more crowded for the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going back at a time nothing is being offered only because I have become so disappointed by the crowds when it was suppose to be a "Non-crowded" time of year. I can't believe how many kids come during these times when they are suppose to be in school. Do parents take their kids out of school this much just to come to Disney??? I love Disney but not at the cost of my kids education.
    Last edited by John; 06-03-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We went in October and it was pretty busy. I blamed free dining. We went in January and although it was FREEZING (for Florida anyway) the crowds were low- and that was during the buy 4/ get 3 deal.

When I think about what the people that come for Christmas and in the summer have to go through... I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to go through that!! I'm shaking my head at 20 minute wait times...
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

We are going again this September. We went in 2008 and loved it. September has always been our favorite time to go. We went in 2000 before the free dining offer started and it was extremely slow and although crowds have grown it's still not bad at all. We also are not taking advantage of the free dining this time. We are doing the kids stay and play free as well. For us it works out better having 2 children. We want to eat at Rainforest and T-Rex which you can't do on the dining plan.
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We went last September and the crowds were fairly large. But the waits weren't too long.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    I can't believe how many kids come during these times when they are suppose to be in school. Do parents take their kids out of school this much just to come to Disney??? I love Disney but not at the cost of my kids education. (
    We have always taken our kids out and not only in September, 1 week out of school does not cost a child their education. If you treat it right it encourages their education. 1 week out of school will not "cost a child their education", in fact our children are encourage to do well so they can take the time off during the school year to go on vacation. One of ours is a 4.0 student and the other is pretty darn close and they have missed at least a week the past 5 years.
    Dean

"Scream like a girl" Expedition Everest

Sept. 2005 Caribbean Beach
    Oct... 2005 Animal Kindom Lodge
    Sept. 2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2007 All Star Music
    May 2008 All Star Movies
    April 2009 All Star Music
    Sept. 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2012 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We have been going for 5 years and we always go in September. We have never had a problem with crowds
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

put us down for sept 17th-26th.no more kids in school to worry about and it helps me brace for a long winter here up north

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    I can't believe how many kids come during these times when they are suppose to be in school. Do parents take their kids out of school this much just to come to Disney??? I love Disney but not at the cost of my kids education.
    We home school and I know that more and more families are turning to home schooling these days. We are going in September because we do year round school (3 months on 1 month off) and that is our break. I know in September WDW is having home school week the first week of September, just an FYI.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip as a family will be this September I picked this month because this was the only time I could go.
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone in September many times, the last two times during free dining. Neither time would I consider it 'crowded'. I don't like for the parks to be ghost towns though. There are some crowded areas (Mickey's Toontown Fair was an utter nightmare), but nothing was unmanageable. With the exception of new rides like the TS one (which ran out of FP's FAST), 30 minutes or less was the standard wait times, most being in the 10-15 minute time frame, and a lot being walk-ons (we rode PoTC five times in a row in the middle of the day once). But then, we put a lot of time into planning our meals during non-peak meal times, not watching parades, and being flexible with our itinerary. So, I've never had a problem with crowds, going in September.

I also love coming home from vacation, and knowing that the big holiday season is here. I don't suffer any post-vacation depression, because it's time to pull out my Fall and Halloween decor and get Christmas lined up as well. While September may not be a best kept secret anymore, it's still an awesome time to go, IMHO!

In fact, we'll be there again this year.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: