Quantcast Airline deals- how'd you get it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airline deals- how'd you get it?

What was the best deal you've gotten on a flight to Orlando? Where were you coming from, and how did you get the deal?

Just doin' some research! We would like to fly to WDW this fall, instead of taking our usual road trip.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with Orbitz and Kayak...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Kayak. Definately. You can sign up for their free alert and they will let you know the pricing everyday and whether it is up or down from the previous day. I got our tickets for $178.40 a ticket, roundtrip from Dallas/FW to Orlando. Now they are $251.

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten my best deals right on Southwest's website. I'm signed up for Ding so I get a daily alert of airfare specials.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Booked my best deal ever when JetBlue announced their new service from Bradley Airport to Orlando. Perfect timing for us for our December trip!
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

In the beginning of this month four of us flew SW IAD-MCO for $59 a person each way. About 2 or 3 years ago we flew for $54 each way. WE are 2-2 and half hours from PIT, MDT, IAD and BWI and IAD seams to have the best prices. We were originally going to drive but since we got a great deal flying would be better. Airtan, Southwest and Jetblue seam to have the best deals out of IAD. Just watch though because Airtran charges for the first checked bag. I go to each individual website to look for fares. Sometimes you have to go on each site everyday because the are changing alot. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I only check Southwest when flying (provided it's a destination that they service). I don't bother with any other airlines. I've found Southwest to be a good value, in terms of price/service. Until they screw that up, I'll stick with them.

I used some of the Priceline type sites in the past and that's just not how I travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my deal on Spirit way back in February for our trip in August from NJ, round trip 136.00 PP. This was before they added the carry on charge and we are grandfathered in. We carry a few change of clothes in our carry ons and do a load of laundry while we are there.

I always watch and the closer the date gets the more expensive so I look a quite a few months before and have always gotten good deals just like this in Airtran, Spirit, & Southwest.
    1972 - 1995 - Stayed with family or camped
    1996 - 2003 - All Stars
    2004 - Disneyland
    2006 - All Stars
    04/14/07 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    04/19/08 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    05/02/09 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    08/28/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I generally check the carriers website and that's generally where I'll find the best deals. Sometimes I'll go on expedia or one of those just to check what other airlines are flying where I want to go and then I go to their website and price it out there. I actually just scored round trip tickets for Septemeber, non-stop for $140 a person last week with Delta. I went back and check a day later and they were $230. You just never know how you're gonna hit it.
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We watched a budget airline. Prices went up and up and up and there were extra charges I couldn't remove. So we went with Southwest.
    Non-stop, no bag fees and a reasonable price.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I got $157 from Detroit to Orlando, non-stop on Delta...for both August and September...I started watching and actually one night it was $101...I'm sure it was a glitch, but couldn't get ahold of my travelling partner to book that night...next day it was up to $250...and I just kept looking at Delta, AirTran (out of flint is cheaper than Detroit), Southwest doesn't fly direct so I don't use them for Orlando...and Spirit...you just have to keep watching and I try to purchase at least six months out...AND NEVER look back...yea, I know it could go down...but it always seems to have gone up. The one reason we LOVE southwest is you can change you ticket to the cheaper one and get a full credit that can be used by ANYONE within the next 12 months...just wish they flew non-stop to Disney.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We fly Southwest almost everywhere! We have found that generally their prices can not be beat plus no luggage charge! Last time to Orlando from DIA was less than $200 per person for a direct flight.

Post Thanks / Like

$87 non-stop round trip from DTW to MCO via Delta for this October - gotta watch the fares!

Depending upon where you're flying from, try to get a credit card from the airline which will sometimes give you points to use toward a trip. That combined with discounts, first air fare purchase discounts, etc. can help. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

The best I have gotten so fat to date was a $10 each way flight a couple of weeks ago for Jet Blue's anniversary (EWR to MCO Rt - $40.10 per person with taxes & fees to be exact, of course it was for 9:00pm until 2:30 in the afternoon the next day - but it was a fun last minute get away - and I didn't need to rush back so soon ).
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Vicster and many others: I've gotten my best deals from Southwest, although last trip we got a good deal on Delta. The farther ahead one can book, do it.

If you want to risk waiting until the last minute, you could roll the dice with Expedia, Travelocity, or one of those.

Post Thanks / Like

We always book with Southwest (usually from Hartford to Tampa or Orlando). To get the best price, you have to be vigilant. Check fares every day... sign up for email specials... watch Ding fares...

So far for our summer vacation I have rebooked our fare 2 times and saved us $130. This is the first summer that I haven't seen awesome deals on SW. Paid $475 (for 4 people RT) in 2006... Paid around $800 summer 2009. This summer I've only been able to get the fare down to $1300.

But I will keep watching until we leave!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

When we are planning a trip, I usually check several sites at least twice a day. I also have price alerts set up on Yahoo. I just booked r/t from Detroit for 92.00 on Spirit.
    1999 AS Sports
    2000 AS Movies
    2001 Offsite
    2003 Offsite
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 POR
    Feb 08 Offsite Vacation Home
    Sep 08 POP
    Aug 09 AS Sports
    Feb 10 Nick Hotel
    Aug 10 POP