Quantcast Subtle Disney Wedding Ideas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Subtle Disney Wedding Ideas

My fiance and I are big WDW fans (See Lettripp and Plex's trip or The Trip of a Million Fast Passes in Trip Reports for evidence!). We are getting married next summer and I am interested in finding a subtle way to include our love of Disney in the decor/theme/something!

We are getting married in the church where I grew up and are having the reception in a hall that opens to a massive rose garden and ponds. (The Pond House in West Hartford, CT, for those familiar with the area). We are having a daytime wedding in July. We are leaning towards a summery sort of casual reception (tea length dresses on bridesmaids etc). Although we have picked our photographer, the hall and the church, the rest is still undecided!

Please, feel free to throw out any Disney-esque suggestions you can!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I always find mickey head sillouettes as the most classic way to include nods to Disney. Kind of like your own 'hidden mickeys'. A few years ago I got some great ceramic plates with small black mickey head sillouettes. I love them! People don't even notice unless they look closely.
    Maybe something to that extent?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered ordering a set of Garden Ornaments from Disney Shopping (since it will be an outdoor setting by the Rose Garden). I have Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto on the cut out between my kitchen and the family room.

My Dad wore a subtle Mickey Mouse cumberband and bowtie when I got married in honour of my love of the Mouse.

If your guests are to be seated for a meal, why not call each table a Disney character instead of assigning it a number? Table 8 could be "Donald" for example.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Toast glasses and cake toppers are easy ways to add a little

Post Thanks / Like

A couple at our church played "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" during the slide show presentation. It was very sweet.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We did some Disney-themed stuff too.

We had a Cinderella and Prince Charming cake-topper, Disney-themed invitations (again, they were subtle and didn't scream "DISNEY" at you) and finally, we had our first dance to a great version of "When you Wish Upon a Star".

If I had to do it again, I second the idea of a Mickey tie!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We got the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom cake topper, but instead of putting it on the cake we had it displayed on the cake table while it was out and then moved to the gift table. Also if you're doing any sort of confetti on the tables you could have it be mickey heads or something to that effect. I like the idea of having a disney song playing during a slide show. Also, my father daughter dance was to "I can Show you the World" from Aladdin since my dad is the one I got my disney love from. I'm sure others will come along with some great ideas!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!! I am getting married next March and I was trying to do the subtle thing as well... a bit of Disney without being TOO much Disney!

For my wedding, I am wearing a Kirstie Kelly for Disney Bridal gown. Our wedding song is "Promise" - the song they play after Illuminations. I was also thinking of getting mongramed napkins with a silver castle on it. Just subtle little things that if you weren't a Disney fan, you would have no idea...
    DisneyRoe <3

Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member Fall '04 - Space Mountain Operations

Disney PR Professional Intern
    Spring 2008 - Celebration, FL

DVC Spring '08

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen-- and it all starts with a wish!"

Post Thanks / Like

I got married in "08 and had a Disney Wedding. Our center pieces were Mickey platy fish (these fish have mickey heads on there back ends.) I bought circle bowls and made black mickey ears to put on the top of the bowls. My Aunt made my veil and put swarovski crystals in the shape of mickey heads all over my veil. I also made the bows for the church pews and put a iridescence silhouette mickey head in the middle of each bow. We had the precious moments wearing the mickey ears as our cake topper. We had our champagne flutes made at the MK. My dad surprised us and dressed up in a Mickey costume at the reception. He had a 10 min. song list made with different disney songs and danced with everyone. Oh and for the tables instead of using numbers I used a Disney Character. I have to say it was the best wedding ever!
    Jun '00 Jul '03 - All-Star Music
    Aug '05 - POP
    May '07 - All-Star Sports
    Aug '08 - Poly (Honeymoon)
    Mar '09 - POP
    Sept '10 - POP (Our DD 1st Trip!!)
    Oct ' 11-Nov '11 - POP
    Nov '13 -Off Property Bonnet Creek
    Jun '14 -POP (Our DS 1st Trip!!)
    Jun '15 -POP
    Aug '15 -Disneyland (1st Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We had a beautiful Mickey and Minnie cake topper that had teeny LED lights in the lace accents for our 1996 wedding. Still works today! My maid of honor also made a "Just Married" sign for our car with Mickey and Minnie. Since we weren't Disneyphiles yet (our honeymoon was our first trip to WDW), that was all we did.

But, I love the veil idea with Swarovski crystals in the shape of Mickey!

You could also get a glass slipper (can always order one from Disney Merchandising) and nestle it in your bridal table floral display for a subtle and classy nod to Disney.

I don't know what your color scheme is, but Beauty and the Beast centered around a single red rose. I had a single red rose on every table (my color scheme was red, and I carried a bouquet of red roses, so it wasn't a big stretch for me), so that was another touch. Yeah, I know roses aren't extremely original, but they are my favorite!

Congratulations!! Have a magical day!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subtle Disney Wedding Ideas

we were married in October 2002 and had a partially Disney themed wedding. I ama disney nut my husband not so much! Our wedding announcements were ordered from invitationconsultants.com and we used the "Mickey Ears" Just checked the website and they are still there. We also used the Mickey/Minnie reception cards that are also listed on that webpage along with that particiular invitation. Our cake topper was a Bride/Groom Mickey and Minnie. Then I had some little Mickey head confetti on the tables. Our reception wasn't until December so we had Poinsettas on the table, but the little bit of Disney touch in that made it just perfect for us!

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any ideas to offer, but I did want to say Congratulations and that the Pond House is a great place for a reception!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all of the good ideas!!!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Often, it's the color, or rather, the subtlety of the color that makes something obvious or classy. Friends of mine made place cards from a single piece of square cardstock folded over, but with the mouse ears cut out with an exacto-knife so that, when folded over to stand on its own, the ears popped up.

Or simply a Mickey Mouse head icon in a low-contrast color...like an ivory icon on a white placecard.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got married on the 14th! We had a Mickey and Minnie cake topper, we had the bride and groom mouse ears on display on our gift table, and our first dance was "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. We also had a few Disney songs played during cocktail hour/dinner. I went to a wedding once where the favor was a small picture frame featuring Cinderella's carriage. Good luck!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

my friend (who works for Disney) got married and wanted to incorporate Disney into his wedding too but couldn't do anything at the church or anything to the reception hall. so he put Disney characters on his wedding cake. If i remember right, he had characters all around the cake and the topper was jack skellington and sally.
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter used a lot of these ideas in her Disney-themed wedding, and it was so much fun! You might add putting little "pearls" on the cake in hidden Mickeys, and using the Mickey bride's and groom's hats on the sign-in table.
    She also used a few snapshots of her at Disneyworld when she was little.
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I got married in '08 and, since we are both former CMs, we found a bunch of ways to add subtle Disney touches to our reception. We used our favorite attractions as our table names, with the head table being Cinderella Castle (where I proposed). Our first dance was to Billy Joel's version of "When You Wish Upon a Star," when we cut the cake the song we had played was "Zippity Do Da," and we had a bunch of Disney songs played during the cocktail hour and during dinner.

I'm pretty sure we had a few other things that I can't remember at the moment. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and best of luck in the future!
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Post Thanks / Like

For our 25th wedding anniversary a very good friend who is a cake decorator made us a wedding cake with little mickey heads on it.

They were just subtlely placed on the cake made out of frosting.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas. We are going to renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary. These are great!!!
    " I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we are in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time." Calvin & Hobbes

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: