Quantcast Behind the times....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Behind the times....

I know I'm behind the times, but I need to make sure I'm understanding something.

Previously, you could be put on a wait list for a particular place if it wasn't available, or if it wasn't your Home resort.

Am I correct in stating that we can't call each day trying to get that particular day? So.....now, we can only call and try to get the whole thing at once correct?

I know I'm not making sense....
    WDW is my happy place

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the question really... But here's a go..

You are only allowed two waitlists. I believe a waitlist is a day or consecutive span of days at a particular resort.

If you waitlist, if something comes available, then you will be notified and can opt in or out of that.

You are welcome to call each and every day to ask if there is availability at some place that you want to stay. This does involve more work on your part, but you can do that and this is NOT considered a waitlist.

Many folks have been on a waitlist, but not yet notified of availabilty and asked for a room and gotten it. This to me kindof defeats the purpose of the waitlist, but the waitlist does save 15-20 minutes a day on the phone with member services.

If you ABSOLUTELY need to get a room at a particular resort though, it does pay to call often.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI, when they changed the waitlist rules to limit you to two waitlists, they also now automatically rebook your reservation if the waitlist comes through--they no longer notify you to ask if you still want it.
    --Siobhan

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with the waitlist up to about a week out. We had an enexpected guest along on our last trip. She was my nineteen year old son's GF (DGF for those who speak Disney) who found out about a month out that she could go. The short story is we really needed another room so we waitlisted. I cancelled my waitlist a few days prior and began calling twice a day. We got the room we needed the day before our arrival while we were driving from Texas.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV