Quantcast Do you order the same thing each time?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you order the same thing each time?

My family and I go to WDW every year or two and tend to go to mostly the same resturants (with 1 or 2 exceptions each time). When I go to the same resturant over and over again, I always order the same thing from entree to desert and do the same thing even at counter services and snack counters. Always the same thing! Since I go so infrequently, I'm afraid to try something else that I may not like as much.

My question is, do you order the same thing at the places you mostly frequent or do you try something different each time?

Am I the only boring one afraid of change?
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I will often order the same thing as I'd had before, and liked, I'm also just as likely to order something new or different than what I'd had before.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a predictable eater, especially since I don't eat beef or pork or some seafood, so that limits my choices when ordering in restaurants. I'm trying to order different things, which sometimes works out and sometimes doesn't. During my last trip to WDW I tried the vegetarian chili at Columbia Harbor House instead of the salad. I think that I'm going to get the salad next time.

But maybe I'll try Cosmic Ray's instead. I'm also going to try different TS restaurants, so I can't order the same thing.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I try to book different restaurant ADRs as much as possible to get more variety. However there are certain "Magical" restaurants to me that the first experience was so good I try to recreate it exactly.
    My example:
    The Brown Derby
    A martini with the best crab cake at WDW (IMO), the New York Strip with the Cremini Mushrooms (w/ red wine) and then a flourless chocolate cake followed by a brandy.
    My wife always gets the Cremini Mushroom Chevere Raviolo, then the best Cobb Salad at WDW (IHO) and the grapefruit cake.

Then off to Fantasmic! (burp)
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

At Cali Grill, I must have the pork tenderloin with the polenta. So yes for that.

But I will add the short ribs at Jiko as a must have. Though I will get their mac and cheese rather than the potatoes. Even if I have to pay extra.

Wow, now I have to go recipe hunting.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

We do repeat our favorite restaurants, and add in some new ones, but I like to try different dishes when I get there. It's rare that I order the same thing each visit- but it happens occasionally.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

At certain places I do get the same thing (the mushroom filet at Le Cellier, the ribs at FlameTree) because I have been thinking about them all year But other places I am more than willing to try new stuff (like Kona, Coral Reef, etc).

I think it just depends upon how memorable those certain things were for me and whether or not I can get the same things or tastes elsewhere during the year...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part we always re order the same entree. It isn't that we are afraid to try new things it is just that they are so good and in most cases has been a year since we ate it so we get the same We switch up apps and desserts sometimes.
    1972 - 1995 - Stayed with family or camped
    1996 - 2003 - All Stars
    2004 - Disneyland
    2006 - All Stars
    04/14/07 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    04/19/08 - Disney's Coronado Springs
    05/02/09 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    08/28/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Two things I always get everytime at WDW is of course a Dole Whip Float. I know that is not really a meal but it is great none the less. The second thing is a quiche at the bakery in France. Once I had one of them I have to go back everytime and get one. Also last trip I got the best cinnamon roll at the bakery on the boardwalk and will have to do that from now on.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

During our trips to WDW, we always try to experience different places.....except in one major case. We always dine at Les Chefs de France. And, I am proud to say on our last 5 trips I have ordered a different menu item at Les Chefs de France each time.

01/2010 = Plat de cote de boeuf au cabernet et polenta de Savoie - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet wine on a bed of polenta

06/2009 = Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

01/2009 = Filet de boeuf grille, sauce au poivre noir Gratin Dauphinois et haricots verts - Grilled tenderloin of beef with black pepper sauce, original potato gratin of Savoy and green beans

07/2008 = Lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym - Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta

01/2008 = Demi poulet fermier a la broche pommes puree au basilic et tomate braisee - Half of an all natural rotisserie chicken, basil-flavored mashed potatoes and braised tomato

Sorry, it was easier to just copy descriptions from the menu than try to describe the dishes myself!

I enjoyed all of these with the exception of the lasagne.....a little too different for me.
    May all the days of your life be filled with Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Yes and No

At some of the coutner service and snack venues I order the same thing but at table serve I order different things. I always get a hot dog and fries at Casey's, battered cod and fries at Columbia House, and a pineapple Dole Whip float. But I always order something different at LeCellier, like pork loin on a bed of sweet potatoes, steak with roasted new potatoes, and bbq prime rib on homemade bread.
    May 1985-School Trip
    Dec 1989-Family Trip
    Oct 1996-5th Anniverary Trip-POR
    Jan 2001-Westgate Lakes (WL)
    Jan 2002-WL
    Jan 2003-WL
    Jan 2004-Wydham Palms
    Dec 2004-Cypress Pointe (CP)
    Jan 2006-CP
    2007-The Year of the Annnual Pass
    Jan 2007-CP
    June 2007-CP
    Nov 2007-CP
    Dec 2009-CP
    June 2010-CP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    At certain places I do get the same thing (the mushroom filet at Le Cellier, the ribs at FlameTree) because I have been thinking about them all year But other places I am more than willing to try new stuff (like Kona, Coral Reef, etc).

I think it just depends upon how memorable those certain things were for me and whether or not I can get the same things or tastes elsewhere during the year...

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I am such a creature of habit - I go to the same places and for the most part order the same foods at those places. Not just at Disney - I do the same thing at almost any place I return to.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

I always go to the same restaurants at Disney and order the same thing too!! Glad I'm not the only one Since I only make it there every few years, I always want to get all of my old favorites in and would be disappointed if I missed anything. (Ahem, Brown Derby Cobb Salad!!!) I usually have time for just one new place on each trip. If I was able to go more often, I would really look forward to trying new things though!

Post Thanks / Like

At the 50's Prime Time, I ALWAYS get the Pot Roast
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: