Thanks for all the feedback.

If I was just buying the magazine to read it would be no big deal, and I think to the casual observer the book is in good condition, just not mint, which goes to the point about nitpicking.

The sellers feedback was very good. Upon further examination it looks like his feedback is excellent when there was no issue with the transaction. The very few negatives he has don't look to be handled very well. Problems with shipping are met with a "sorry I don't control the USPS" and all negative feedback is met with snarky rude follow up.

After numerous pictures and email sent back and forth, I gave up and filed a claim with Amazon. I left honest feedback of my buying experience. Almost immediately he responded with an email that said: "Negative Feedback? Now see how fast you get a refund!"

You know I bought and sold on eBay for years and never had an issue, I have never had a bad experience with anyone on Amazon either. I guess it was about time something happened to snap me to the reality that I am dealing with random people and sometimes you come across a bad apple.