Quantcast Has anyone done the hayride & Campfire Singalong at FW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone done the hayride & Campfire Singalong at FW?

We've never done this before, but thought it might be a nice way to spend our first evening at Disney World. It looks like there are no reservations needed/accepted for either... So I'm wondering how busy it might be on Sunday, March 14 during Spring Break.

Has anyone done this before? And do you have any advice or input for us?

Also, how do you know which hayrides will have the viewing of the Wishes fireworks? Or is it based on the nights Wishes is showing (meaning you can always see the fireworks as long as it's playing)?

Thank you for any help ~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you a bit about my experience with the wagon ride. My sister and I did the first hayride in Feb (there were two offerings) so we didn't get to stop and see Wishes. The driver indicated that it was up to the driver if they stopped for Wishes and Wishes would have to be performing during the ride. (We came upon the viewing location within the first 10 minutes of the ride.)

The ride was first come first served and cash only unless you were a WDW resort guest in which case you could charge to your room.

It wasn't busy when we went but I would imagine that Spring Break will be different. I would definitely say to arrive before the Hoopdedoo Review lets out since it seemed a lot of the business was walk-up as people passed by the horses and wagon.

We had a blast. Our horses were named Tom and Jerry.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't done the hayride, but we did enjoy the campfire sing along and movie. Our kids loved doing the smores and Chip and Dale arrived and paraded around with the kids. There was music and the lady playing the bango or guitar would play a tune and we'd try to guess what disney song she was playing. It was tons of fun. Then the movie played. It was a very entertaining evening.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have gone to the campfire several times and have really enjoyed it. The kids who were there seemd to have a blast!
    It has a good bit of seating, so I would imagine that even during more crowded times of the year there would be enough seating.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that when we went on the wagon ride, there wasn't actually any hay in the wagon. Just three long benches running lengthwise, one short bench across the front and one short across the back.
    Last edited by badkitty; 02-20-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

We never did the wagon ride but we do the campfire every year ds loves the singalong and roasting marshmellows. Its a nice relaxing evening.

Post Thanks / Like

The Campfire Sing a Long is a must do every trip for our family! My kids love Chip & Dale.

2 things:

#1 - You can buy a Smores kit from the concession stand for $10. It has everything to keep a family of 4 more than happy. Roasting sticks are an extra $.75. You can bring your own supplies too if you'd like.

#2 - If you want to met both Chip AND Dale you'll need to do some strategic seating. Chip will "work" one area (usually either one side of the benches or the bleachers vs. the benches) and Dale will "work" the area (either the side Chip isn't working or the bleachers if Chip is working the benches, etc.) What we usually do is DH sits in one area and I sit in another and the kids just swap seats after they meet the first chipmunk in the first area. Otherwise you only get to meet the one assigned to your area. They will only greet you if you are seated.

We also enjoy the singing and dancing. Great family fun! We've never stayed for the movie (our kids were always ready for bed) but you could stay for the movie and then watch the Water Electrical Parade & Wishes from the beach and/or the hayride. Have a great trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've never done the hayride but our kids loved the campfire singalong - photos at the end of my album here - http://classic.kodakgallery.com/ledm...fire_singalong
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We also have done the campfire and it was great! I will also suggest bringing your own smores supplies. I was not prepared and I was shocked at the prices!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Have never taken the hayride, but the campfire has been a family favorite for years. I agree with bringing your own stuff, and getting there early. Enjoy
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

We did the campfire on our trip in 7/09. It was great! The kids enjoyed the sing-along before hand, and it was nice to watch the movie. The one thing I would recommend is BUG SPRAY!!! We got EATEN ALIVE that night. It had rained earlier in the day, so I don't know if that was the cause or what. But... just be prepared!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to do the hay ride also. It doesn't seem like it is overly popular, which may be a good thing for us, but the campfire is. DD and I are going in May. With this post I think we are going to give the hay ride a try and steer clear of the campfire.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the campfire on a fri night in oct several years ago and it was not packed or crowded at all.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

When we did the hay ride the driver told us we would be watching the fireworks. We loved it, there were only about 7 people in the wagon and none of us knew about the fireworks until he told us after we started.

I'm sure you can ask one of the drivers which one will stop for the fireworks.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL