Quantcast hilton question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: hilton question

Post Thanks / Like

Default hilton question

My sister wants us to stay with them at the Hilton in Downtown Disney...she can get it through her timeshare. Has anyone stayed there before? Can you still get the dining plan & use the bus services? We are leary because we are use to staying on the monorail and aren't sure we'll like it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe you can add dining, but it may be possible. Unlikely, but possible. And the Disney busses do NOT run to the Hilton DTD.

That being said, I've stayed there once and was REALLY impressed. It's a beautiful resort, and comparable to a deluxe in setup and amenities. Decor and location aside, I'd compare it to the Contemporary any day.

You do have some options though. You are definitely in walking distance to the DTD marketplace. You could walk to DTD and wait on a bus to the resort that is nearest to the park you want to visit, then walk from that resort to the park. Or you could drive to the parks from the hotel. Or, the hotel does have a bus that they share with some other DTD resorts, but they aren't the official Disney busses. I couldn't speak to how those busses work because I drove or used the DTD option.

I loved my stay at the Hilton, and would gladly do it again.
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sydneymouse View Post
    Can you still get the dining plan & use the bus services?
    No, you can only purchase packages through the official Disney resorts. The only thing that the Hilton does participate in, is the extra magic hours (the only hotel in Downtown Disney that does). As the previous poster mentioned, they utilize their own bus service and it's run on a schedule, not a continuous rotation like the Disney buses.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

The buses pick up every half hour and you are dropped in the same park parking lot as the cars. Some routes share parks (2 stops) and park only as close as they can get you to the gate. That seemed to work fine in the mornings and we always did this.. but getting back was not as easy and they still stop at other parks and resorts. We only made that return trip mistake once and from then on took the bus back to SSR and walked to our DTD resort (we were right across from SSR).

Or you could do exactly as Grim Grinning did and use DTD buses to resorts closest to parks.

There are no Disney perks other than the Extra Magic Hours but the other amenities of the Hilton are right in line with Disney Deluxe.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney Dining Plan is available ONLY as part of a package reservation at a Disney owned-and-operated resort. And since Hilton is not a Disney o-and-o, you can't buy the DDP if staying there. It's not iffy, it's not a slim chance, it's a totally zero percent chance.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: