Quantcast Disney Visa Warning!! Please read!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Visa Warning!! Please read!!

To all those who have the Disney Visa if you have not yet you should be receiving a letter which states the APR will be going up to 24.99%. The only way to stop this increase is to close your account. They offer 2 choices take the increase or close the account! WOW!! This increase applies to balance transfers, new charges and charges already on your account. The letter does not look like much and if you are not careful could throw it away without even realizing. If you pay it off each month then no problem but please everyone take a moment to call and verify before you get hit with this huge increase. They are not being picky either it applies to everyone with good or bad credit!! This is because of the change to happen in March when the credit card companies will not be allowed to do this but for now they can. Just wanted to give a heads up for everyone as we all need our pennies these days and a super high interest rate does not help!!! Happy Turkey Day all!!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...I got my notice and my rate is staying the same - Prime + 13.99% (currently 17.24%)

Way too high for this economy, but....

Post Thanks / Like

that is interesting as they told me it was for everyone...hmmm...I may have to call again.
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are not being picky either it applies to everyone with good or bad credit!! This is because of the change to happen in March when the credit card companies will not be allowed to do this but for now they can. Just wanted to give a heads up for everyone as we all need our pennies these days and a super high interest rate does not help!!!
    Are you certain this will apply to all cardholders? We recently received notification that our APR was being increased - and it was - from around 10% to 13.24%. Haven't seen anything about a mandatory 24.99% APR - although I'll certainly keep an eye out for anything from Chase!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get a huge increase. I think everyone will have to watch all credit cards for changes in the interest rate. I think everyone is going to pay for the people not paying their credit card bills and the credit card companies have to make up for it somehow. We pay our bill in full every month otherwise what's the point of 1% back if you're paying it out in interest.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

We got the notice about the big increase. And we have always paid our bill in full and never incurred a penny of interest. They are clearly trying to make up for losses elsewhere. Keep paying it off and there will be no difference. Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Just adding to the "it's not everyone" thread... mine also went up from 10.23 --> 13.23. But as has already been mentioned, we pay it off every month and never carry a balance (except maybe the down payment on our DVC membership but we have 6 months to pay that off interest free! plus the 1% disney dollars )

By the way, does everyone know what the credit card companies call people like us who pay off every month and dont carry a balance? .... Deadbeats! Can you believe that!
    SorcererJim

Post Thanks / Like

I just received this as well but mine is now prime plus 8.99 for a current interest rate of 12.24%. My other Chase card went up to almost 20% and they would not budge on that when we called. They said it was an across the board increase due to the economic climate .....or some baloney like that.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I paid exactly zero point zero in interest to Chase last year, and I intend on doing the same next year. If the interest rate was 50% it wouldn't really matter to me.

Now, if they start pulling benefis or charging for the card, then that's something I would stand up and take notice about.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not received any notice yet. Just wondering, did it come with your bill or separately?
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

I paid exactly zero point zero in interest to Chase last year, and I intend on doing the same next year. If the interest rate was 50% it wouldn't really matter to me.

Now, if they start pulling benefits or charging for the card, then that's something I would stand up and take notice about.
    Although we handle our Chase Disney card in the exact same manner, if an emergency were to come up & we needed to carry a balance for a month I certainly wouldn't want to worry about a card in my wallet that was charging me 24.99%.

Interestingly enough, our other Chase Visa card that we've carried since 1991 continues to carry a 9.24% APR.

As far as when we received notification of the increase for the Chase Disney Visa, it was somewhere in late June for an effectivity date of August 1st. It was a tri-fold brochure that was not in an envelope.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

It's best to carry other cards in case of an emergency. I can't think of one rewards type card that is "worth" using to carry a balance.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't gotten a letter of any sort from Chase. I guess I'll just keep looking for one. ????????
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...well, my DH just received a pre approval notice for a Disney Visa with a $200 Disney Gift card reward after the first purchase, AND a 13.24% FIXED APR. We are considering applying JUST for the $200 GC, since we will be going to WDW in the spring. We have other cards with better APRs for emergencies. Even if the APR of the Disney card were to be increased, I'd still be happy we got the free $200...since we'd never carry a balance on there anyway!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Hmm...well, my DH just received a pre approval notice for a Disney Visa with a $200 Disney Gift card reward after the first purchase, AND a 13.24% FIXED APR. We are considering applying JUST for the $200 GC, since we will be going to WDW in the spring. We have other cards with better APRs for emergencies. Even if the APR of the Disney card were to be increased, I'd still be happy we got the free $200...since we'd never carry a balance on there anyway!
    You can pay for 6 months interest free for your Disney vacation using the Disney Visa to pay for your package.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I got it. My balance is higher than it should be so I have it coming. That's the risk you take with these cards. The Disney benefits far outweigh it for me, as it's my primary card and my incidentals end up free half the time for me. I just plan on budgeting a little more to pay it off and avoid too much of a hike.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

My current rate is 9.24%. I typically carry a $0 balance. This is the first time I will carry a balance for about 3 months. The deal I got will far outweigh the interest occurred until I get my tax return in mid-February.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't received any notice. Our APR is currently 13.24% but we pay 0.00% since we pay off the credit card every month. They can raise the rate but it won't make much a difference to us as long as we can pay it off each month without paying interest. Now, if that changes I will probably stop using it.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15