Quantcast Tutto Italia - Awful - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Huh ... just goes to show you that WDW dining is unpredictable at best.

I've eaten at Tutto Italia twice and had nothing but fantastic service and fantastic meals.

And just for context, I come from an Italian family and live in the Northeast which is home to some of the best Italian food outside of Italy. I know good Italian.

As far as the making fun of Americans goes, I'm quite certain that happens at many of the Epcot restaurants and it honestly doesn't bother me that much. Many Americans deserve to be made fun of.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is worse than being ready to have a great experience, looking forward to it and being disappionted whether it be a meal, vacation etc... especially when you are paying good money for the experience.

I always believe that if you are paying for something and not happy you should let the proper person know. It is always good to give management feedback good or bad. I'm sorry you had a bad meal.

We have eaten there before liked the food and had no problem with the staff and probably will go back but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't give them another chance. I can't see me having a really bad meal then going back when there are so many other choices in EPCOT.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We were also there on 11/12.
    We had spectacular food and service. In fact, it was our favorite meal of the trip and we had 11 TS meals. DD asked if we could cancel something and go back to Italy!

Our waiter was wonderful. The pumpkin raviolli was delicious!

We did have a very late ADR 8:25, so maybe this had something to do with it.
    1987 Disneyland
    2000 Coronado Springs
    2002 Carribbean Beach (Honeymoon)
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2006 Animal Kingdon Lodge
    Universal Portofino Bay

coming up
    November 9th-18th Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I found the food mediocre but i am an italian food snob. I would eat there again if someone i was with wanted to.

I was disappointed they didnt have chicken parm.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked to read your review. We had a great lunch there last year. We have dinner ressies there before CandleLight in 2 weeks.

@Ian....I agree with you.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad meal, but thank you for complaining. That's the only way things can improve.
    We ate there 3 years ago, when it was under other management. Alfredo's maybe? It was excellent. But with the prices up, and the food and service down, we will not be returning.
    Thanks for the review.

Terk24 Guest

I think the food is mediocore and the prices excessive (even for Disney's standards).

Post Thanks / Like

I have always enjoyed it there. Looking forward to it next Tuesday.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Huh ... just goes to show you that WDW dining is unpredictable at best.
    No truer words doth be spoken...especially since the dining plan has allowed them to cut the corners of the quality...resulting in all meals appearing in the shape of a donut

I've eaten at Tutto Italia twice and had nothing but fantastic service and fantastic meals.
    We were there in November of 07 (last food and wine festival trip before the kiddies....ohh, the pain) and it had literally opened two days before - after the management changeover....the food was excellent...the service was good....it was basically the same as what alfredo's had been. But as you say - that is more often than not a WDW crapp shoot

And just for context, I come from an Italian family and live in the Northeast which is home to some of the best Italian food outside of Italy. I know good Italian.
    Yeah...this comes up all the time. I know there's this thing between Philadelphia and Boston about "real italian"...and granted, it is warranted in some cases...but it really is just a reflection of saturation...my work town (the great capital of the great garden state) has 400 restaurants within 10 miles...and 397 of them serve italian. some of the vaunted northeastern italian is great, some of it is average...some of it is bad. It's not geography that guarantees anything in food...it's about who's cooking and what they're using. (wait...pittsburgh has terrible fish and terrible italian...that is a geographic certainty)

The "hey...I'm ITALIAN" thing is way overdone. My wife's family talks about It-ly all the time, but they wouldn't know anything about it if the boot came up and gave them a kick in the tuccas. I'm a Scot...but i don't wear a kilt and toss a caber in the backyard. you know? American is good enough.

As far as the making fun of Americans goes, I'm quite certain that happens at many of the Epcot restaurants and it honestly doesn't bother me that much. Many Americans deserve to be made fun of.
    here's another one of my pinpoints (boy...seems like there's alot of that going around lately)
    Remember that alot of the staff at the showcase restaurants are WDW International program participants....and they tend to be kinda loose (by that...i mean kinda lucky kids that can run wild in probably the best state in the US without any real consequences) kids looking for a good old time in the USA....disney boxes them up in those apartment complexes over by Little Lake Bryan....they show up for work (occasionally)...and tend to run wild the other 128 hours a week.

The college program is largely the same...only comprised of a usually privileged (or spoiled...your choice) teenies/twenties living it up

I know, I know...THAT"S Horrible!!!

Well...it's also the truth, so some snickering at customers in the Showcase is kinda where the bar is set by WDW's labor arrangements...
    It is still not appropriate...but Europeans (in particular) have been snickering at Americans since V-E Day...and Americans have been doing it back (with increasing frequency in years as of late) just as much.

Here endeth the geo-politico WDW dining review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Remember that alot of the staff at the showcase restaurants are WDW International program participants....and they tend to be kinda loose (by that...i mean kinda lucky kids that can run wild in probably the best state in the US without any real consequences) kids looking for a good old time in the USA....disney boxes them up in those apartment complexes over by Little Lake Bryan....they show up for work (occasionally)...and tend to run wild the other 128 hours a week.

The college program is largely the same...only comprised of a usually privileged (or spoiled...your choice) teenies/twenties living it up
    I really think that we need to stay on topic. I've had the privilege to meet kids in both the International program and the college program. I believe that the view you've put forth here is not only off topic but erroneous. Had the College Program existed when I was in school (back in the Middle Ages ), I most certainly would have applied as it is a great opportunity to gain some experience in an organization highly-thought of in the business world. And my friends who have participated in the College Program are anything but spoiled, priviliged kids heading down to FL for a beer fest.

I'm stepping off my soap box now but not before reminding everyone to stay... ON TOPIC.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I really think that we need to stay on topic. I've had the privilege to meet kids in both the International program and the college program. I believe that the view you've put forth here is not only off topic but erroneous. Had the College Program existed when I was in school (back in the Middle Ages ), I most certainly would have applied as it is a great opportunity to gain some experience in an organization highly-thought of in the business world. And my friends who have participated in the College Program are anything but spoiled, priviliged kids heading down to FL for a beer fest.

I'm stepping off my soap box now but not before reminding everyone to stay... ON TOPIC.
    Well..the service was called into question....and the fact is that the IP staffs a large amount of the requirements in the showcase....

so misguided...maybe...off topic...not really

As far as both the CP and IP...i'm about as far from an "observers" opinion as you can get. Worked with them, lived with them, friends with them...etc.

You may not want to hear it (and i understand that)...but it is not some sort of professional intership where youths learn how to succeed in life....it is just another source of cheap (extremely cheap) labor. Many people...both those with a personal history and those that just know alot about disney...know this. But it usally is not spoken about...

i'm just gonna stop talking about it...it seems everyone is just more comfortable that way...

sorry for the deviation

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: