Quantcast For What At WDW Are You Most Thankful?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful that they have not taken CHRISTMAS out of everything like other places have done. I'm glad its called Mickeys very Merry CHRISTMAS party and that they have the Candlelight Processional. Thanks Disney for not taking that away in a world where they are trying to take Christmas away from us.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful for the wonderful time and memories with my family.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful for the wonderful experiences I get to have with my family, and the feeling I get inside when I think about the good times we have shared.

Post Thanks / Like

Where do I begin? I am thankful for:

1) The new surprises - both big and small - that happen every trip.

2) The transportation system. Sure there may be long waits sometimes, but it still beats having to park and drive at the end of a long day at the parks or when going from one park to the next.

3) The variety of things to see and do. I am thankful that I can sit in a quiet nook in EPCOT and enjoy a good glass of wine when I am in the mood, or go on a safari, or sing along with hundreds of dolls, or get thrown into a briar patch, take a tour, eat a different type of cuisine every night......

4) I am thankful for One Man's Dream. I love walking through the history and shedding a tear at the end of the movie. I appreciate that there is a corner of the World that showcases the man behind the magic.

5) I am thankful for Mickey's Philharmagic and its ability to take me into my favorite movies for a few minutes.

6) I am thankful for the sweet shops that provide me with my traditional brick-sized rice krispie treats topped with chocolate.

7) I am thankful for the "iced-over" castle during the holidays that brings a tear of joy and amazement to my eye without fail.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful for the memories we will always have of the first time our children saw Cinderella Castle.

And for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...

And for Intercot, so we can all relive it over and over again!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I'm thankful for the CareerStart Program. I'm a high school graduate who doesn't know yet what she wants to do with her life. Thanks to being accepted into the WDW CareerStart Program I have something to look forward to that will hopefully lead me in the right direction career wise. Thanks, Disney!
    Catie aka cEveArdenfan
    Spring 2010 CareerStart Merchandise Cast Member

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thankful for the happiness it brings my children and for making my husband and I feel like kids again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWNut02 View Post
    I am thankful for the wonderful experiences I get to have with my family, and the feeling I get inside when I think about the good times we have shared.
    could not agree more

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful that we can forget all of the other stresses in life for the few days we are there and enjoy quality time with the family that just isn't possible either at home or on any other vacation.

I'm also thankful that at 39 years old, I can be a kid again.
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks, Disney

I agree with all of the above (especially clean bathrooms ), but I'll just add one more thing.

Flowers and trees.

Who hasn't been to an amusement park that makes you feel like you're in a parking lot with rides? The Disney parks are beautiful.

I think the beautiful surroundings really add to the feeling of escaping everyday life.

Thanks, Walt!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Great timing for this thread...besides next week being Thanksgiving, my daughter turns 20 on Sunday and I had been feeling a little depressed about how my little girl isn't "little" any more.

We have been fortunate enough to have been able to go to WDW at least once a year since she was 18 months old and reading thru the comments on this thread made me realize that I will always have the memories of our trips.

There was the apprehension in her eyes the first time she saw the larger than life characters and the total glee after she completed her first trip down Space Mountain.

While we have managed to see many other parts of the country on vacation over the years, WDW is the one place that brings the most joy to my daughter and my wife.

And that is what I am most thankful for at WDW.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thankful for the look in my son's eyes as we enter each park. For the happiness I feel watching him walk down Main Street. For the many hugs that I get from him the entire time that we are there--Disney hugs just seem to be a little stronger!
    "My name is Incrediboy"--Syndrome

Visited the "World" 26 times in my 41 years including 10 times the last 6 years!!!
    Next visit: Summer 2012

Post Thanks / Like

The fun and excitement money can't buy. And of course, the angelic and dazzled expressions on all of the little children's faces when they see Cinderella's castle. So priceless and wonderful.

I also thank WDW for bringing friends of my family's together through the Disney magic that we both love. We love spending time together at WDW with some good laughs.

So I raise my glass with pride and say:

"Thank-you Walt. You truly are one great man. Not were a great man, but are. Your spirit and dedication to the world we love and cherish cannot be erased. God bless you!"
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thankful to go to a place that isn't like the world I live in at home.

Let me clarify, I have a wonderful wife, a wonderful life but here is reality.

It's nice to go to a place where reality is checked that the Walt Disneyworld arch over the road entrance.

It's a safe fantasy.

Now, as far as rides, The CoP is by far the one and only ride that I show appreciation and thanks by riding it at least twice a day.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

I am Thankful for all of the wonderful family time and making memories at the WDW parks and resorts.

There is so much that goes into the magic there, I am thankful for the people that make it happen.

May everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thankful for all of the wonderful memories that I've created with my family through the years, and with my DH in more recent years. On that note, I'm happy that my DH has grown to love WDW as much as I do!

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: