Quantcast Random, Unexpected Moments that You Just Can't Forget - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww - this has been the best lunch break ever reading these posts. Here are three of ours...

On my kids first trip ever, first ride ever - we went to Winnie the Pooh and my daughter Caralyn (then 10yrs old) got to ride with Eeyore! He had his arm around her and was kissing her the whole ride. She thought she was too old for Disney but Eeyore changed that. She's 20 now and still loves Eeyore and WDW!

That same trip, my daughter Renae (then 6 yrs old)had the talking garbage can singing to her "Renae is my girlfriend. Renae is my girlfriend" It took us a while to see where that was coming from. She still talks about that.

On the last trip in 2006 we went to HDDR for dinner. I was afraid the kids wouldn't like it but they all loved it. They laughed the whole time. When it came time to pick volunteers, they picked my husband who ended up coming out on stage in a tutu. He hammed it up and danced around and the kids and I laughed harder that we've ever laughed. Great family moment.

Priceless...

Lisa
    Nov 2013 - Caribbean Beach
    Feb 2012 - Pop Century
    Aug 2010 - Yacht Club
    Nov 2008 - Pop Century
    2006 - Contemporary
    2000 - Offsite - Vistana
    1976 - Offsite
    1974 - Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had many but the few that come to mind as the BEST-

Our youngest - her first trip to WDW - she was being held by Tigger and he would not let her go. She was wearing a Tigger-outfit and hugged him so tight. I think she was in his arms for about 10 minutes while other kids were crowding around. It was the best and I have some Tiggerific pictures.

What made it so extra special was she had been in the hospital about 24 hours before and to have that special moment and to have her at 18 months to be so thrilled was a teary-eye moment after having a stressful few days before our trip.

With our oldest, we had some really fun moments at MGM with the street performers-they were giving Michelle a hard-time - she was having a lot of fun with them, trying to figure out if they were teasing her or serious. They played around with her for about 15 minutes and other visitors were having fun watching her reactions to them. I think she was about 5 years old.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

So happy I found this thread again! After long days of thinking, I have 3 Disney moments that I will never forget :-)

1) Being young and an idiot and trying to take a picture of the castle by climbing a lamp post... don't worry, I learned my lesson. The unforgettable part is that I tore a giant hole in the crotch of my pants. Thank goodness we had friends still on their way from the hotel room to bring me a new pair!!

2) Performing on the stage at the American Idol Experience was one of the coolest, most exciting moments of my life.

3) Now for something sentimental: When I was a kid I was TERRIFIED of the Haunted Mansion. I remember riding it during the day and hiding behind my dad. That night, after the rides had all closed, my mom was meandering through the shops. My sister and I were sitting in the carriage, eating lollys and holding onto our new plush dolls (I had Lady :-)) and my dad was pushing us around. Anyway, he asked us what we wanted to do, and then suggested the Haunted Mansion. We both said NO! And then, teasingly, he started to BOOK IT, pushing us towards the mansion. I mean, he was almost in a full sprint (if I remember right). I remember laughing and screaming and as much as that sounds traumatizing, it is one of my all time favorite WDW memories :-)
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Test Track

It was probably summer of '06 and my mom, sister, and I were at Test Track. We had already ridden it once and were in the showroom. My family is very into Chevys, so we started chatting up the cast member there about them. He decided that we were fun people and gave us fast passes to ride Test Track as many times as we wanted! So, thanks Kevin, you made our trip even more fun!
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Even though the trip didn't turn out as perfect as we planned it, my favorite WDW memory was being able to take a trip with my Mother just the two of us for the first time this past December. It was so wonderful being able to have the whole time to spend together just the two of us. One day I planned a surprise picnic on the beach of CBR for us on our 2nd to last day. (I secretly packed in my car, an old plastic picnic basket that my Mom use to pack our lunch in for us when we would go on little picnics together when I was a kid) It was very nice and relaxing and made for a wonderful memory.

My favorite earliest WDW memory, was being so overwhelmed on my very first trip to WDW, all I wanted to do was live there, and as a matter of fact, that is all I still want to do

I have been hooked ever since.

(ps. I saved this post for my 1,000 post)
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

My most magical moment was on my first trip to WDW. I was 5 y/o, and I was with my father, grandmother, and great-grandmother. My grandma and great-grandma were getting overheated and tired from walking around in the hot, humid Florida sun, so they decided that it was probably time to take a rest. My dad suggested that we sit along Main Street and wait for the parade since we would be able to be in the front. Being a 5 year old very eager to see all of the park in record timing, I was pretty bummed when I found out that I had to take a rest when all that I wanted to do was run around and see everything...so being a spoiled brat, I sat down and sulked. We were probably resting for about 10 minutes, when a cast member came up to me and said "hey, you don't look very happy for someone at Disney World! Cheer up! How would you like to be in the parade?" and I got so excited and screamed "YES! Thank you so much!" and he said "I'm going to give you a special sticker, and you can be on the last and the biggest float with Snow White!" So when I saw Snow White's float coming, I ran up and started dancing with her, and my family was in shock because I was such a shy, awkward kid at that age. It's such an incredible memory, and it gave me major bragging rights in kindergarten after I brought the pictures to show and tell haha. I will never forget how special that CM made me feel, I felt like a princess and as though I was really a part of something magical! To top it off, the following day we went to breakfast at the Crystal Palace and Cinderella told me that I looked just like Snow White, how strange? Thank you, CM, for helping to make my first Disney experience even more magical!

Post Thanks / Like

The most awesome unexpected moment happen on my family's last trip back in October. Me, my dad, and best friend were going to MNSSHP, but my mom and BF's mom weren't going because we had only bought 3 tickets. My folks had befriended a CM manager on Main Street a couple days early. We told the her about our mission to make as many CMs feel special and appreciated. Well, she found out that my mom and BF's mom didn't have tickets to the MNSSHP. She said, "That won't do. I'll be right back." The CM manager came back with two FREE tickets to the MNSSHP for my mom and BF's mom! My mom started crying which made the CM manager start crying. It was a truly awesome experience and so very unexpected. WDW is the a magical place
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

my dw & i were down at ak last dec 09 and we got to park early one day.they let us in and we went to the tree of life to wait for the opening . a cm ask the people in front of us where they were going they told her safara ride .she let them & their 2 kids in .my wife turned to me & jokingly made the comment that we needed to rent some kids for the day .the cm heard and asked where were we going .she told the safara also.she let us in. we all went straight to the ride.we've ridden it many times but this was the first bus of the day. it was amazing allthe animals were out.we got to the lions area and the male was on arock over looking the female who was laying down .he was pacing back & forth ROARING!!it was the greatest thing we had ever seen.another thing we say one trip was when we were at epcot waiting for a bus .we say people looking and pointing to the sky. we looked & you could see a streak of fire across the sky. it was the space shuttle launch. still counting down to january 2011 !!!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite moments happened this last trip in January. First, getting to ride Big Thunder over and over during the Spectro parade and my kids saying "this is my favorite ride!". Brought a tear to my eye, as you can tell I sort of like Big Thunder too...

The next day my DD3 was taken on a private tour of Mickey's house by none other than the Mouse himself! He led her through the whole house while holding her hand and interacting with her (as much as a non-speaking 5 foot tall mouse can interact that is) and then over to the Judge's Tent. Once inside he covered her eyes and Minnie came out to surprise her! The look on my daughter's face makes me choke up everytime. And the photopass photographer caught every moment of it! Thank you to the CM's there, and of course to the boss, Mickey, for making my daughter's (and mine) trips!

There is also one more I don't personally remember, but in 1977 I made my first trip as a baby with my parents. We stayed in the Contemporary and Pluto was running down the halls. He grabbed me and played with me while my mom freaked out thinking he was kidnapping me! I have seen pictures of me rolling on the hallway floor with Pluto, and have to listen to my dad tell this story everytime we see a Disney character.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many but one of most magical moments was when.....

We are at AK near closing time and waiting in line to see Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. The CM's standing in the area kept saying that we probably would not get to see them before they left the area. My sweet grandson was so worried because he really wanted to see Tigger. We were the last people in line and right when it was our time to visit with the characters they announced that we were the last family of the day and that we would have a special time and could spend extra time with the characters. It was wonderful...we got the pictures they had been taking with everyone with the individual character but then the CM had all the characters get together with our entire group and took several pictures. We were never rushed and the characters all interacted with my grandson...it was truly magical.

Next Trip - November 2016 - All Star Sports
    March 2009 - All Star Movies
    Nov. 07 - All Star Sports
    March 2006 - All Star Movies
    March 2002 - Port Orleans Riverside
    April 2000
    June 1994
    September 1988
    April 1984
    May 1978
    1974 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread.

So many moments to choose from.

I remember the first time my oldest DD saw Stitch. She was 2 at the time and the movie had just come out. It was the first movie we took her to the theater to see. When she saw Stitch in AK she was just in awe and gave him the biggest hug.

Two things from the last trip. One of the first characters we met was Capt. Hook. He stole DD4's Tinker Bell autograph book and refused to give it back or sign it. Her big sister "fought" Hook and got the book back, (after saying "please" ). For the rest of that trip DD4 told every character about that. They all listened intently and praised DD9. She felt so special and proud. When DD4 walked up to Peter Pan on the last day of our trip, she said, "I have to tell you a story about Hook!" He looked at her so seriously, sat down on the ground, patted the ground in front of him and said, "Tell me!"

The last one may seem like a small thing, but it was huge to us. On our first day in Epcot during the last trip, we'd gone around WS and the girls were ready for a rest and a cold drink. We got some fruit slushies right at the entrance to FW. No sooner did we sit down than DD4 dumped her slushie. She lost it. I thought, this is it, she's done for the day, we'll head back to the hotel for a break. I was trying to calm her down and before I had a chance to tell her that I'd buy her another, a CM came up with a replacement! She made DD4 so happy that it completely turned the afternoon around and we ended up staying until closing!

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a lovely post, close to tears (happy happy)

Two years ago I was in MK on my last day and I had just picked up a cold, so was doubly miserable. anyway i was in the queue in one of the shops when the little girl behind me asked said to her mum, that lady looks like the little mermaid and her mum said, Do you know I think that is the little mermaid. The little girl giggled and I practically walked on air for the rest of the day.

So last year I was queing with my sister for dumbo and the little princess behind me asked if I was the little mermaid. I told her I wasn't but she was one of my friends and we had great fun in the queue playing with that girl and her friend and telling them all mermaid stories
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

1) When DBF saw the castle for the first time and his whole first trip in general. I also will never forget when he thought the "robot" or Jack Sparrow was a real person and was confused with how he got around the different parts of the rides so fast.

2) When I saw the talking trashcan for the first time.

3) When everyone on the line for Toy Story Mania sang Happy Birthday to my mom.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting outside the Plaza Ice Cream shop enjoying a little ice cream and people-watching and seeing friends from our hometown that we didn't know were there!

Strolling thru UK @ Epcot and finding the British Invasion (for the 1st time) and an empty park bench!

Being chosen Family of the Day @ Epcot...twice!

Being Flag Family of the Day @ WL!

Realizing we can go back to WDW...again!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah...and another one...seeing my DH on stage @ the Hoop-Dee-Doo in a pink tutu playing Davey's angel !
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing my husband grinning from ear to ear. Seeing him relaxed and acting like a kid.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say all though I have had more magical moments than I could possibly write about in one entry, I would have to say the day we decided to buy our DVC membership. We had spent the day at AK and had run out of things to do, so we decided to check out the DVC information booth, the sales guy at the booth asked if we would be interested in taking a tour and mentioned we would get free fast passes, we had nothing else planned so we thought what the heck lets go check it out.

So we went and met with our DVC sales guy his name was Nick Cotton, he as young and fresh and genuinely excited to be telling us about DVC. He was never pushy but happy to answer all of our questions. We ended up leaving the tour with out buying but a few hours later after much discussion and thought we decided to call Nick back and buy ourselves the membership. Nick went out of his way to come all the way back to the Saratoga Springs display center to go over all the paper work etc. He was so nice and helpful and made the experience fun and excited. This May we will be going to our new DVC home at the BLT and I know when I first check into that room I will be thinking of Nick and saying a big thank you to him for helping us get our new home away from home.

Post Thanks / Like

Each of our trips has had something special ...

CBR ... sitting on the bed eating pizza and drinking beer with DH, DD, DD, after a long day in the parks enjoying the magic of being there with our family.

BWI ... sitting in France for waiting for Illuminations sipping Grey Goose Lemonade Slushies with DH while our daughters were wandering through the World Showcase.

YC ... DH Birthday. Each day held a new surprise for the whole week we were there. The Cast Members were friendly and every day something magical happened for my DH and our family.

CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

In 2008 we took our son who had just turned three to Disney for the first time. Toward the end of the week he started to not feel too good and he insisted on taking his favorite stuffed dog "Eddie" to the parks with him that day so that Eddie could go on rides with him and meet Mickey. Sadly by the time that we were returning from a very busy day we realized that his dog was gone. He was so upset! We checked with cast members and bus drivers and they advised us to fill out a form back at POP where we were staying so that if he was found they could notify us. So at 11:00 at night we filled out a form as I tearfully explained what had happened as he had Eddie since he was born. The cast members were wonderful they let us know that they would check everywhere that we had been since we had last seen Eddie. We had been at Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney and at Poly so we figured it was a lost cause. After getting back to our room and placing our sleeping son in bed my husband and I got ready for bed. About an hour later we heard a knocking on our door and it was two of the castmembers that we had talked to. In one of there hands they had my sons stuffed dog. It turned out he was over at Poly! He was so happy when he woke up in the morning. To this day he still talks about the time that Eddie wandered off!

Post Thanks / Like

The year the updated version of POTC opened my son and I were on the playground near Splash Mtn. A CM was there dealing with another issue and we started talking football. As our conversation was winding down he asked if we had ridden POTC yet--I told him no that we had started in Tomorrowland that morning. He gives me a "fastpass" to POTC and we walked over and got right on the ride--avoiding the 90 minuted wait!!!!
    "My name is Incrediboy"--Syndrome

Visited the "World" 26 times in my 41 years including 10 times the last 6 years!!!
    Next visit: Summer 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: