Quantcast La Cellier vs The Wave??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default La Cellier vs The Wave??

We are debating... any insight? Which is more kid friendly??

We'll be staying at Poly so The Wave would be closer/easier to get to... but I *think* we are planning to spend some time at Epcot with the kids (they are young... probalby too young to really enjoy it yet) so we could work that in.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    lockedoutlogic Guest

we went to the wave and it had bad food....

i don't care if le cellier was an AARP mixer....i would still choose that with my 2 under 2

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I REALLY disliked the Wave. Food and service were just terrible. We went in October of 2008. The place was almost empty, and we still got stuck at a table just outside the kitchen. We had a couple servers brushing past us the entire time. It was very annoying feeling my hair blow around every time they whooshed by.

The food was terribly bland and flavorless. My crab cake appetizer was a mushy hockey puck (had better at a diner), and my fish was so boring. DH's steak was also bland, and seemed like a cheap cut of meat.

We love Le Cellier, and have a dinner there every time we visit WDW. Food is well seasoned and cooked, and the servers are so much fun to chat with.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for a good 1 TS dining experience in the MK resort area, I recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. Le Cellier is good, pretty basic and not as impressive as the popularity suggests, but good. Your kids will be welcome and comfortable at Le Cellier, GF Cafe, and The Wave.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried the Wave, but we love Le Cellier and have always taken the kids. It doesn't feel as kid friendly as some of the other places, but there have always been kids when we've gone.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Either place is fine with kids. If you are looking for a quieter park-free evening you could go to The Wave and then hit the arcade at the Contemporary after dinner (depending on the age of your kiddos). Our kids always love doing this.

We have enjoyed both restaurants very much. Here is a recent review I gave on The Wave. DH and I just ate there about 3 weeks ago:

DH and I ate at The Wave a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. The service was attentive although our waiter was not overly friendly. We DID receive FREE dessert for each of us since we were celebrating our 20th anniversary!

I loved the butter that was served with the whole grain bread. They sprinkle smoked sea salt on top of the butter - it was so good!

DH and I got the shared appetizer - seared tuna and chicken filled summer rolls and it was so fresh and yummy!

For dinner DH got the lamb shank which he said was awesome and fall off the bone tender. I got the linguini with little neck clams and shrimp in a chunky tomato broth. Again, it was wonderful! The tomato broth was so fresh tasting as well.

Desserts are kinda cool. You get 3 small ramikins filled with your choice of dessert. There are 5 different choices including a sugar-free option. I got the "Decadent Flavors" which was blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta and chocolate mousse with salted caramel (YUM!). I really liked getting a taste of 3 different things.

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at The Wave and would definitely visit again!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have also eaten at both restaurants and enjoyed both a lot. We found the food, service, and atmosphere at The Wave to be surprisingly good. Given the choice of the two, we would probably head to Le Cellier - either would be fine with kids. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Le Celier--hands down! We've been there the past uh...3 years now with little ones, NOT AN ISSUE. There are plenty of little ones there.

Our server and the hostesses SPOILED our boys while we were there...they LOVED it!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We tried The Wave in September and the food was awesome. We had a great experience and will absolutely go back next year. I am a vegetarian and when nothing on the menu was appealing to me our server very quickly brought the chef out who whipped up a great tofu dish. They were so nice and the bread and butter was YUMMY!!! The desserts are AWESOME!! The panna cotta was my favorite. YUMMY!!!!!!!!
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10- DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10- CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12- POR 1/8 - 1/15
    Next - CSR 12/20 - 12/28, 2012