Quantcast BWV calm my worries please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BWV calm my worries please

We are staying in a 2 bdrm villa preferred view and I am feeling a bit worried about it. I would like to call for a room request and no one seems to have any suggestions. Also, many of the reviews I've read say that the rooms are outdated. I've read that they are doing updating/renovating now but I can't seem to find out what areas are completed. Does this mean no one stays here anymore? Did I make a bad choice?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the BWV!! I never stayed in a 2br but have stayed in a 1br many times!! I read somewhere that the renovations started from the top and I think they are down to the 2nd floor - there's a thread in the DVC forum with some more info (no pics though )

Even if you get a room that hasn't been renovated, it will be fine. The resort is beautiful. You can't beat the location -- Epcot and DHS right at your doorstep. Dozens of restaurants and lounges. Evening entertainment on the boardwalk. Great feature pool with a great pool bar.

You'll have a great time!!
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this. I'll be staying there in a 2 bedroom also on our next will be looking forward to answers from people who know.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in a 2 BR Boardwalk view for a week in August. We have no complaints whatsoever. The rooms were clean, the furniture was comfortable, the kitchen was well stocked. No complaints at all, and we have already booked our stay for next year!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

What a relief! I was beginning to wonder if this resort has gone downhill. I am soooo happy to hear it hasn't. We have been waiting 2 yrs to get into this resort and I thought oh no all that waiting and now it will be yuk? I am confused about the entertainment though, is it every night or Thurs-Sat? I have read conflicting reports.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, is there any certain area I should request or is it all good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdisney View Post
    BTW, is there any certain area I should request or is it all good?
    I just ask to be as close to the elevator as possible - after a day in the parks it feels they have the longest hallways in the world.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We LOVE the BWI! There is some form of entertainment every evening.(Unless it is downpouring rain.) We have seen a sword swallower, magician, cowgirl teaching how to use a rope, wonderful moving piano player,fortune teller and a few comedians before on the Boardwalk at night. There are a few games you can pay to play as well. It is really alot of fun and we choose to stay no where else but the BWI now. In Dec. it will be our 8th stay here! Yee-ha!

You will love the BWI.

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from an eleven day stay in a BWV standard view 1 bdrm. The top floor of the wing closest to DHS was in the process of being renovated while we were there. We could see ladders propped up in the hallway and plastic film over some of the windows, as we walked the grounds in the vicinity of the quite pool, on our way to our room. The refurbishing appeared to be somewhat random. We were on the first floor and some of the hallways had been updated and some had not.

Does the non-refurbished areas look old and worn out? They didn’t to us. The hallway carpets showed some wear in spots, most notably by an outside entry doorway, but it all seemed pretty minor to me.

Our room was not refurbished and for the most part seemed fine to us, though we did have one major issue. After our eleventh day they wouldn’t let us back into our room so we had to come home.
    CR 8/73 12/09
    Poly 8/73
    ASMu 3/95
    Offsite 4/97
    Swan 12/99 1/00 12/02 11/03 5/07
    Royal Plaza 4/01
    OKW 11/02 4/03
    BWV 12/02 10/03 11/04 5/05 10/05 11/06 5/07 10/07 11/08 10/09 10/10 11/11 12/11
    GF 5/05
    Pop 6/05
    AKL 9/05 5/09
    BCV 11/05
    CBR 12/06
    ASSP 5/09
    BWI 12/09
    SSR 5/10
    YC 12/10

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Too bad they made you go home they have a tendency to do that now and then

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: