Quantcast character extravaganza

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default character extravaganza

I'm taking DS on a very special 5th birthday blowout trip to our favorite place in January. We'll arrive on Saturday afternoon at MCO about 3:30 and depart on Tuesday morning at 9:50 (using ME means no breakfast that day).

I'd like to make our meals all about characters to help DS celebrate. We probably will skip Epcot this trip and have to rely on WDW transportation.

We're open to any and all suggestions. I'm especially interested in hearing about the meals that don't seem to get a lot of attention (ie H&V Dine and Play). Also considering T-Rex at DTD. So, can I count on fellow intercotees to make DS birthday bash something he'll go nuts over?
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on what characters he/you want to see. I absolutely love Tusker House. Being able to walk to the back of AK in the morning is awesome. We loved O'hanas with Mickey, Lilo, Stitch. Akershus for the princesses is great. Maybe not for a 5 yo boy, but if he was 13 or older, he would really love it. Crystal Palace is good if he likes Pooh and friends.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

If by Saturday you mean January 2nd The Liberty Tree Tavern will be a character meal starting on the 3rd. There is always Chef Mickey's. Unfortunately The Crystal Palace will be closed starting the 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Go where there are characters he likes, but don't discount just finding the characters in the parks -- stop at town hall and tell them you have a birthday boy! He will get a special button that will open all kinds of magic for him.

We were at WDW for my daughter's 8th birthday and it was wonderful. After they give you the button, the phone will ring and they will tell him it's for him -- when he answers it there will be a special birthday greeting from Goofy. Make sure to have your camera ready!

Then all day, cast members and characters will give him special attention. We got a birthday card from the cast of the Great Movie Ride, VIP seating at the Indiana Jone's show, balloon hat and sword in Epcot (DS too), special hugs & smiles from everyone, and a special birthday cupcake for dessert at Tony's Towne Square. Wherever you go magic will appear!

Have a great time!
    BLT 8 - 2012
    CR 11-2009
    DL/GC 11-2007
    YC 6-2006
    GF 12-2005
    FW 5-2004
    FW 2-2001
    FW 10-2000
    Off site 1-1998

Post Thanks / Like

He's not into princesses, but loves all the others. He loves getting to eat with characters, and since this trip is all about him... want our sit down meals to be as much fun as possible. He is good in restaurants, but we can do grown-up meals another time.

OHana sounds like a plan, and we Love Tusker House for breakfast. Liberty Tree is a tough one to get, but I'll keep trying... Any others?
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

If you had planned on going to EPCOT, the Garden Grill has some of the best character interaction we've ever witnessed!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been to the T-Rex in DTD, but I HAVE been to the one in Kansas City. I assume that the Disney one will be even better than the original which is absolutely amazing. Think Rainforest Cafe with dinosaurs. My son who will be 7 in Dec has asked to go to T-Rex every year for his birthday for the past 3 years. I definitely recommend it.

Chef Mickey's is also fun, characters (Fab 5) and the food is good with lots of choices for kids.

Good luck and have a great time!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Share This Thread On Social Media: