Quantcast All Star Music v. Pop Century

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Music or Pop?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Star Music

20 25.32%
  • Pop Century

59 74.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Music v. Pop Century

We added two nights on both the front and back end of our vacation due to the airline fares. Believe it or not it will cost less to spend the time in Disney rather than fly home (only because there are so many of us, we have 5 tickets to buy)! So we are looking for a place to sleep with no frills (staying somewhere fabulous would defeat the purpose)! LOL! Our options are All Star Music or Pop Century? Which one would you choose and why?
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Pop only because it is newer.
    CSR - Dec 2009
    POFQ - Jan 2007
    All Star Music - Oct 2003

Post Thanks / Like

To me, the themes are better at Pop Century.
    Walt Disney World: The only place that I can just forget about everything and just have fun!!!

Upcoming Visits:
    December 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have stayed at ASM, ASSp and POP Century,
    of all those I would hands down go for POP.

I found that the food court was better.
    The souvenirs area was great.
    The buses only serve POP and not other resorts.

The rooms were about the same overall.

Happy picking. I just wish I was the one with that problem.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at all 4 values. POP is are favorite. Agree with above poster for reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at ASMu and POP and POP was much better the themed plus you don't have to share a bus Go POP
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

i really liked the POP....
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

ASMusic is a 'shared resort' with ASSports. So it's significantly smaller: smaller food court, etc. I prefer Pop because it's newer and doesn't share a bus line with another resort.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to ASM but stayed at PC. Pop Century was an incredible stay. It may be because I set my standards so low to start with. I actually enjoyed staying at PC more than WL. Now, my WL trip was unique and may be the reason I will be biased towards it. So, take that comment with a grain of salt.

Pop was just so much fun for us: the giant icons, the different themes, the main pool, the kiddie fountain pool, Goofy's fountain, the ducks, rabbits, snakes (sorry ladies).
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    I've never been to ASM but stayed at PC. Pop Century was an incredible stay. It may be because I set my standards so low to start with. I actually enjoyed staying at PC more than WL. Now, my WL trip was unique and may be the reason I will be biased towards it. So, take that comment with a grain of salt.

Pop was just so much fun for us: the giant icons, the different themes, the main pool, the kiddie fountain pool, Goofy's fountain, the ducks, rabbits, snakes (sorry ladies).
    Funny you say that but I feel the same. We stayed at the Beach Club one year and it was my least favorite resort out of all the resorts I have stayed at. It just didn't have that happy go lucky, fun Disney feel to me. IMHO it's not setting our standards low just looking for different atmosphere. I love the upbeat fun atmosphere I get at the values and mods in Disney.

Outside of Disney I love a premium, luxury resort but when I'm in Disney with the kids the crazier and more upbeat the better!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We love Pop too. We have stayed there 3 times and just love it. I have alot of pop pics in my trip report on the TR board "3rd times a charm parts 1 and 2"

Post Thanks / Like

Another Pop fan here. We have done the All Stars. I found that the All Stars just seemed a little more worn out. The rooms are the same but the atmosphere at Pop is much better. Really there is no contest. All Stars need a face lift.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at POP the last few times we've gone.I f I couldn't stay at POP,I'd stay at All Star Movies. I rank the Values:POP,ASMovies,ASMusic and last..ASSports.That is all.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

While recognizing the newness and the transportation advantages of POP, I was forced to vote for ASMu. I'm just not enamored with the theming of POP, and I found Music to be colorful and fun. Apparently I'm in the minority.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am in the minority. I prefered Music over Pop. From my experience, Pop had the worst bus service out of all of the value resorts. Pop's buses were always full no matter what time of day is was. Yes, the All Stars share buses but typically that was during the middle of the day. At park openings and closings each All Star had it's own bus. This makes the crowds more manageable during the busy times. I also didn't like the set-up for Pop's food court and gift shop. Since they are pretty much one in the same the gift shop was always a zoo. Finally, sure Pop was the most recently built value resort but Music was renovated last year. The refurbishment was done very nicely adding alot more storage space to the room.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also go with Music. Our stay at Pop was nice, but it was the loudest resort I've ever stayed in at Disney. And since there are other options, I choose to never stay at Pop again.

All Star Music is our favorite value (and we've stayed at all of them).

- First, don't believe everything you hear about sharing busses. We've been at the All-stars 4 times, and haven't shared very often. And when we have shared, it has been a great advantage to us, because we could take any of the busses and walk to our room.
    - The Music is our favorite because of the great pool atmosphere! It has the best pools of the values.
    - Music is the only one that has the Drive-in movies. They also have poolside games, and just an incredibly fun atmosphere.
    - We've found Music to be the quietest of all the Values.

Pop is a fine resort, and I'm sure that some people love it. Based on our own personal experience, though, it is our least favorite on Disney property and we won't stay there again.

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another vote for All-Stars, particularly Music. I don't like Pop's non-Disney theming, the food court was terrible how you had to walk through the gift shop every time you wanted to eat, and it seems like the location is just a little further from some of the parks. We drive so I don't care about the buses but I will admit that it seems like it's easier to get to the buses from any block in Pop than from the back of All-Stars. Also loved the party pool at Music and the rehab made the rooms new again. I love how any of the All-Stars make it feel like you are staying at the park even after you leave...Pop's theming just doesn't have the same effect.

Post Thanks / Like

POP all the way! We've stayed at ASMu, and 3 times as ASMo, and tried POP last year. LOVED it! Newer, love the theming, and the dedicated the bus service is only to POP - no sharing with other resorts.

8 more days and we'll be there!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how you get so many opposite opinions.

Just to reply on a couple of things, I have no stock in either hotel so I am trying to remain objective.

"Noise Level"
    This really depends on which area of the Pop you are in. If you are in the 60's or 70's area located right in front of the main hub then sure, but if you are in the 80's, 90's, or 50's then it tends to be much more peaceful.

The Food Court
    . We have stayted off site a couple of times and driven to Pop to eat because we love the variety.

The Buses
    Having three small children driving to Disney, we avoid the buses all together. It is so much more convienant.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Pop but......

I couldn't help but notice your post said 5 of you. Have you considered a family suite at ASMu? I am going down with 3 other "grown ups" in a few weeks and we opted for the suite over POP because the bed situation is better, two bathrooms, a kitchenette with micro and coffee maker, fridge.

If it was me and the missus I would do pop. With a crowd you get more for your $$$$ out of a music suite than two rooms at Pop.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: