Quantcast Nervous about on line checkin

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nervous about on line checkin

We leave in two days, I am so excited. I will be using the on line checkin and I am a little nervous. Here are my questions/concern:

1. What time do I need to arrive before flight?

2. I plan on checking one bag. I looked up on AA website and it gives me the options. Has anyone done this and does it take very long? Do I need to factor in a lot more time for this?

Any other tid bits of information anyone with expirence has would be awesome. DD and I go alone, this is the first time, but it will be for this. It will also be the first time my DH doesn't drive us and help us in. We will be driving ourselves and using the Parking Spot.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about online check in for your flight? What airlines? If it's Southwest I would definitely check in online at exactly the 24 hour mark.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on a lot of factors. One big one is what airport you are flying out of and then what time of day, are you going to print your boarding pass out at home ( highly recommend )can you do curb side checkin for your bags, and what airline you are flying on. Just to be safe we always arrive at least one and half early for domestic flights.

Post Thanks / Like

We are flying out of DFW and can do the curbside checkin if allowed. We are on American Airlines.
    By the look of the few responses so far, I still need to be there an hour before flight even with on line checkin?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
    We are flying out of DFW and can do the curbside checkin if allowed. We are on American Airlines.
    By the look of the few responses so far, I still need to be there an hour before flight even with on line checkin?
    Yes definitely. The holdup really isn't checkin at any airport though it can feel like it. It's security. Depending on the time lines can be long. Checkin won't speed up that part.

Also, you want to be well in advance of the boarding time which is usually 20 to 30 min before the flight time. So do your planning to arrive at the airport at least 30 minutes before that.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I've flown out of DFW before and as I'm sure you know its a very large airport. It can take quite a bit of time to get to your terminal.

As a general rule of thumb. I was always arrive 2 hours before my flight. I'd rather we be bored waiting at my terminal than rushing to it hoping I will make it.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: