Quantcast Silly Q: How would you color code the parks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I can't tell if you are being serious....a lot of us put our Disney Vacation on a spreadsheet. Includes park hours, dining reservations, dining times and confirmation #'s, which parks are open for EMH, parties, flight info....phone numbers. It is truly a critical element of the planning....

And I highly recommend it....
    Oh no, I am serious. That's a lot of planning. I also have had the luxury of going multiple times and working there, so for us to quote Crush "we just go with the flow". We'll make some ADRs and such but its vacation so I try not to plan anything and just RELAX. I do way too much planning in my day job
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Erm....strange question but oddly enough one i have an answer for. Not a very exciting answer but an answer non-the-less.

Magic Kingdom - RED - an exciting and bright colour. Magic Kingdom is the main park people tend to think, by coincidence they say if you ask people to name a colour 60% will say red.

Epcot - BLUE - another popular colour, though considered to be calmer, more elegant, perhaps even intellectual.

Disney Hollywood Studios - YELLOW - not sure if this is simply because out of red, blue, yellow and green this is the one left over. In which case conveniently I always have the colours in my mind in that order, possibly as that was the order for players in Micro Machines 2 on the Sega Genesis (I'm weird) and the other parks fit into this order chronologically with the colours i gave them. An answer that makes me look more sane would be the association of gold with showbiz, awards, ect.

Animal Kingdom - GREEN - because green is considered the colour of nature, this is the park associated with nature and wildlife.

I am suddenly aware i have been using the British spelling of color. To my credit though I did remember to use the American name for the Sega Genesis, over here it's called the Sega Megadrive.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom - Blue
    Animal Kingdom - Brown (bark of the tree)
    Epcot - White (for futuristic white suits)
    Hollywood Studios - I don't have a color associated with that one - strange!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

AK-Green
    Epcot-Red
    MK-Pink
    Hollywood Studios-Blue

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

This is without a doubt the strangest post I have ever seen on Intercot (and thats saying something). Therefore I must answer the question.

MK- Blue
    Epcot-Yellow
    MGM-Red
    AK-Green

Don't ask me to explain myself because I have no idea why I color coded them that color.....actually I have no idea why we are color coding them at all!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

MK: Teal (favorite park so favorite color)
    Epcot: Blue (I like all of the fountains so think of water)
    AK: Green (obvious reasons)
    DHS: red (red carpet)
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

MK: Blue
    EPCOT: Yellow
    DHS: Red
    AK: Green
    DT: Purple
    BB: White
    TL: Grey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    Oh no, I am serious. That's a lot of planning. I also have had the luxury of going multiple times and working there, so for us to quote Crush "we just go with the flow". We'll make some ADRs and such but its vacation so I try not to plan anything and just RELAX. I do way too much planning in my day job
    Well, yeah if you are going multiple times and work there, there would be no need. And don't get me wrong, I am not a park commando traveller (not that there's anything wrong with being a park commando traveller), BUT there is some planning to be done.

For us, which park are we going to on what day? You don't want to waste a whole lot of time travelling to destinations, so you think about things like, "better to eat at a monorail resort on the day we go to MK..." or "Let's eat in Epcot on the Epcot day...." or " Do we want to see Fantasmic this time, if so let's try to go on a day that it will be performed...." Then Disney throws in EMH and that changes daily....just a lot to think about and it is easier to see it all on one piece of paper....

We are just attempting (in vain) to see as much as we can, picking up things we missed before....we've been going annually since 2006 and STILL have never seen Devine or walked the trails at AK or the Woman who does the candy art in Japan, I am also looking forward to seeing the Pixar light do its little dance at DHS, or do the sketches with the artist at DHS, would love to get a pic with the Singing in the Rain umbrella on the Streets of America....maybe next time...
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I too do a color coded spreadsheet for our Disney Vacation every year. And yes, I laminate it, punch a hole in it and hang it from the stroller with a carbiner!!! They are working on a support group for us. At the will call window this year they passed mine around making many comments about how great it was!! It was pretty funny!! But to your original question:
    MK
    EPCOT
    DHS
    AK
    BB
    TL
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajpa View Post
    P.S. question for you purple lovers -- has purple always been your fave color? My 12yo has always loved purple -- I sometimes think she was born loving purple.
    Yeah, purple's been my absolute favorite since forever. I remember (many, many moons ago ) having a purple star-shaped pillow thing with metallic streamers shooting off of the 4 lower points and a hook for hanging it from the upper point. I LOVED that thing! LOL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: