Quantcast strollers

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: strollers

Post Thanks / Like

Default strollers

Does anyone know the cost of renting a stroller while at WDW? If you rent one in one of the parks and then move to a different park, can you show your receipt and get a stroller or do you have to pay again in the same day? We're taking my four-year-old nephew and are afraid he will be exhausted if we don't take/rent a stroller. We're having trouble finding a stroller that is rated for his age. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always rented strollers for the week. That way we didn't have to worry about paying every day and yes we only had to show our rental receipt at each park even if we park hopped there were no extra charges.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, the stroller rentals at WDW are absolutely ridiculous!!! The single stroller is $15 per day. Do the math and you would probably come ahead just purchasing one. How much does he weigh? We just purchased the Maclaren Volo off ebay for a great price. Some other posters were saying Marshalls and TJMaxx also had them (for less than the price of the weekly stroller rental). Orlando Stroller rentals is another option and slightly cheaper at $70 for the week. I like being able to push my child to the car after a long day. You need to leave the WDW stroller rentals in the parks. If you go from one park to another, you can show your receipt and get a new one provided one is available.
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

They also sell a decent umbrella stroller in the parks for about $40 (although we got ours over a year ago, so it maybe more now). BUT if said child weights more than 35lbs you run the risk of breaking that stroller. I agree... if you are worried go get a nice Maclaren before you go. You won't regret it.

Now when we go DS#1 who is 4 walks and DS#2 who is 2 gets to ride in the stroller. Sometimes they switch, but for the most part our 4yo walks the entire time.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

When we were there, I recall the weekly rental to be less (discounted) vs. the $15/per day. I thought we only $50 for the entire week. Has that changed?
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfirsttimer View Post
    When we were there, I recall the weekly rental to be less (discounted) vs. the $15/per day. I thought we only $50 for the entire week. Has that changed?
    Yes I believe the stroller prices increased by a lot in 2008 (before we went on our trip in April of 08).

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! We actually thought it was a good deal then. We are going with 5 kids in March. My sister's youngest will just be 5 and she thought it would be good to have just in case. My DD7 will be 8 by then and even she likes a ride . They may both be hoofing it.

Thanks.

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

To rent a single stroller costs $15 for one day. If you pay in advance for a multi-day rental, there is a discount of $2 per day.

If you show your same-day-stamped rental pass at another park's stroller location, you will get a stroller at that park at no extra charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the cost of the rental, the strollers have a newer design and to me look very unfortable. At Babies r us you can get a travel stroller with canopy, under neath basket...everything a full sized stroller has but folds up very small, has a should strap and will hold a child up to 55 lbs. I am not sure I can post the name but it was a wendy belissimo...

To the moderator, I apologize in advance if I am not allowed to post a brand name.

My son is a bit older then your children we find the stroller indespensible. We need it to get around the parks (he walks slow) and when he get tired...as to be honest, we like the storage so it is less for us to carry.

Folds up with one hand and has a should strap. You can also look into stroller swaps. People who use a stroller, then pass it on. There might be some information about it on intercot
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I agree w/ the others, you are better off bringing a stroller. You can get a pretty decent umbrella stroller for $20 at babies r us. My twins even used them when they were 5 and about 45 lbs. If it breaks down by the end of the trip you could just leave it there and it would be way less of a cost in renting. Ours we used for 2 yrs and they are stillin decent shape. Also, umbrella strollers are easier to hold on buses/monarail...etc....Have fun!!
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: