Quantcast Disney are you listening, I have an idea...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Disney are you listening, I have an idea...

Just had an idea...

Was talking to my daughter about online checkin and thought of this. Wouldn't it be cool, if while you were at home doing your online check-in prior to heading down, if you could get a fast-pass. Pick the ride and get and get just one (per person) fastpass good for check-in day only.

That way, when you arrive, you could head for the selected attraction, perhaps Soarin', or Toy Story Mania, or Expedition Everest, and get your vacation started right.

From the business side, it would encourage people to go ahead and go to the parks on check-in day rather than blowing that day with other activities.

I think it sounds like a good idea.
    Marker from MO

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

don't bother...I had an idea for DVC so I sent it to them. A couple days later I got a cold e-mail back from the legal department basically saying "if they didn't think of it, the idea will not be considered". I thought it was pretty tasteless for a company that touts customer service.
    John

DVC owner at SSR
    94 Off Site (Honeymoon)
    98 DL
    03 ASM
    05 AKL
    5/06 SSR
    8/06 OKW
    5/07 VWL
    8/07 SSR
    5/08 BWV
    8/09 AKV/DCL/POFQ
    Next Trip 12/17/09 BWV
    "I'm in the mood to help you dude...you ain't never had a friend like me" !! ...the Genie

Post Thanks / Like

This is apparently how they protect themselves from lawsuits, by refusing to even look at unsolicited ideas. It's sad, but I blame a litigious public more than I blame Disney. They have to protect the brand.

But hey, if they happen to be on a message board and see the idea floating around, who knows. Still, I don't like the idea, Marker. I have no problem with going to get the Fastpass myself once I get into the park. The central FP kiosk idea is pretty handy, but this? It could become like making ADRs to go on the rides. What a nightmare! And then do they give advantage to guests staying onsite or how do they handle it? Would it begin to seem elitist? Just thinking of how it changes a system that already works for me makes me hesitant to embrace the idea.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Oh, I don't expect a response from Disney, it was just an idea I had that I thought would be a pretty cool idea.

And hey, if someone from Disney wants to take the idea and run with it, more power to them, it's all theirs.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Love it.

I think it's a great idea! Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda like it
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it would fly anyway -- there are way too many people that get in after the parks close on their arrival day. This wouldn't be fair to them.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea...but my over analytical mind jumps right to counterfeit and duplicate fast passes...I know they are free but if someone mass produced them that could cause huge problems.

But I still think its a good a idea.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    From the business side, it would encourage people to go ahead and go to the parks on check-in day rather than blowing that day with other activities.
    1) But, what is the advantage?
    2) If you want to got to the parks, you would either way.
    3) If no Fast Pass, you might spend money elsewhere.
    4) It would reduce the number of Fast Passes available at the park.
    5) This would inconvenience those who got to the parks early.
    6) Rides do not have infinite capacity.
    7) Once the ratio of Fast Passes are used, then no more can be issued.

NOTE: On the surface, it sounds like a good idea. But, remember, when it comes to Disney, "Every Silver Lining Has a Cloud".
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that on the surface it sounds like a good idea but when you start to work out the details I am not so sure how well it would actually work for any number of reasons.

On another note, it is truly sad that the world is so lawsuit happy that a company like Disney has to protect itself by ignoring good ideas just because they are unsolicited ideas from the general public. However, I can understand that with all the legal action that gets launched against them each year why they have to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: Here's the legalese posted on the D23 website, which I'm sure is standard language for the rest of the company as well:

NOTICE: We are pleased to hear from our guests and welcome your questions. However, be advised that our company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those that we have specifically requested. Please read our Terms of Use (updated 05/06/08) including those regarding Submissions.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

For whatever it's worth, I have a friend who was interested in presenting an idea for a product line (he's a graphic artist). I emailed Disney to ask where someone would submit such an idea and they responded with an address! I don't know if a product line idea is different somehow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    For whatever it's worth, I have a friend who was interested in presenting an idea for a product line (he's a graphic artist). I emailed Disney to ask where someone would submit such an idea and they responded with an address! I don't know if a product line idea is different somehow?
    My DD had a POTC merchandise idea after the first movie came out. We were in the gift shop after the ride that year and we were looking for the necklace Elizabeth Swann wore - the one with the skull token like the one in TheVBs' avatar picture. I told her, "You know Disney will be selling those!" We couldn't believe it, but they didn't have them!

My DD wrote to Disney explaining her idea. She received the detailed letter with her original letter back in the mail, citing legal reasons they couldn't accept her idea or keep her letter.

Lo and behold, Disney started selling the necklaces. I know others must have had the same idea and wrote to Disney about it, but it made us wonder nonetheless.

I can understand where Disney is coming from on this, though.
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Nice try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousetrapper View Post
    My DD had a POTC merchandise idea after the first movie came out. We were in the gift shop after the ride that year and we were looking for the necklace Elizabeth Swann wore - the one with the skull token like the one in TheVBs' avatar picture. I told her, "You know Disney will be selling those!" We couldn't believe it, but they didn't have them!

My DD wrote to Disney explaining her idea. She received the detailed letter with her original letter back in the mail, citing legal reasons they couldn't accept her idea or keep her letter.

Lo and behold, Disney started selling the necklaces. I know others must have had the same idea and wrote to Disney about it, but it made us wonder nonetheless.

I can understand where Disney is coming from on this, though.
    Good for her for trying! You simply never know unless you try. I was shocked that they responded with an address, but I have not heard back about how his submission went.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea! When you arrive to Disney in the afternoon you wouldnt normally go into the parks that day because you know you wouldnt get on any rides. I might reconsider if I knew I could get on my favorite ride!
    Disney World
    My home away from home

Last Trip: ESPN Weekend 2010!

lockedoutlogic Guest

there is no upside for Disney on this idea...

1. You don't have to "encourage" people to run directly to a park...that's whay 99% of them do anyway....flight permitting
    And since most travelers use length of stay passes or annuals (by disney design)..."wasting a ticket" is not a concern
    2. The next evolution of the fast pass will most likely be some sort of tiered pay system...not free to the home...
    Why? because WDW is there to make money...something apparently almost everyone either ignores or forgets (disnesia)
    3.There would be so much waste in fast pass...and it's easily to illustrate:
    Family X goes for their "advance" fast pass...they get the "best" that is available at the time....say it's everest or rocknroller coaster...
    Family X then travels to florida and what do they do first? they run to magic kingdom or EPCOT for fireworks as most do...waste of pass.
    4. As pointed out by several here....there's just no need or value to disney to do this....it's really just wishful thinking

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: