Quantcast Best room/hotel for large group?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best room/hotel for large group?

There has been much talking about planning another friends-Disney trip this upcoming summer, mostly to celebrate graduating from graduate school before we all go our separate ways.

There's going to be six of us, and one will be a child of 15 (one of the other member's little sister). We're thinking of going three in one room, three in another, but if a suite will be cheaper, we'll do that. We're looking at moderate hotels as well, since three of us stayed at the POP last trip and we want an upgrade.

Any suggestions on which hotel will best suit our needs? We're going with the DDP, and we're kinda hoping to stay away from the PO since we live 2 hours away from the real NO--we know what it's like already
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're trying CSR for our upcoming trip because it is a moderate but has queen size beds. I think two rooms there would be cheaper than a suite but I could be wrong.
    Poly Concierge Jan. 2000 - Poly Concierge Jan. 2004 - Pop Century Nov. 2004 (1 night) - CBR Nov. 2004 - Poly Club Level Jan 2010. Wyndham Bonnet Creek December 2013!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could look into renting points from a dvc member and rent a two bedroom. Not sure where or how to do it, but it could be an option. Good luck and have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

Coronado Springs is the only moderate resort with suites, but that will definitely cost more than 2 standard rooms. Your party could all fit in a Fort Wilderness cabin if you like that theme. The bedding includes a full size bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, plus a full size murphy bed that pulls out of the wall in the living room. Might be nice if you all want to be "together". You're also just a boat ride away from the MK, which puts you in the vicinity of lots of restaurant choices (GF, Poly, WL, CR).

Having travelled in a large group though, sometimes it's nice to have your own space. Plus with 2 moderate rooms, you have 2 bathrooms. If you take POR's out of the mix, you're left with Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. Both have very distinct themes and I know both are favorites of many here on INTERCOT.

For general pricing guidelines, a standard moderate room is about $190/night. A suite in CSR starts at $450/night and the FW cabin is $270 (July 18-Sep. 30).
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    Coronado Springs is the only moderate resort with suites, but that will definitely cost more than 2 standard rooms. Your party could all fit in a Fort Wilderness cabin if you like that theme. The bedding includes a full size bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, plus a full size murphy bed that pulls out of the wall in the living room. Might be nice if you all want to be "together". You're also just a boat ride away from the MK, which puts you in the vicinity of lots of restaurant choices (GF, Poly, WL, CR).
    I had run the cabins by them as an option, but I got a solid "no" from them--they would prefer the hotel to the cabins.

I guess my question is then which is better--the CBR or Corinado Springs?
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    I had run the cabins by them as an option, but I got a solid "no" from them--they would prefer the hotel to the cabins.

I guess my question is then which is better--the CBR or Corinado Springs?
    And the answer is "Yes"...totally depends on who answers the question. CBR is a family favorite. We like the Caribbean theme, the nice vegetation, the laid back atmosphere, the proximity to EPCOT and HS. DH actually prefers it to many of the deluxe's we've stayed at, especially for the more manageable price.
    Coronado Springs has nice pool area , more elaborate (and pricier) food court, also nice theme and more conventions so to some people's thinking seems more upscale. Haven't used either bus system but both get mixed reviews. In short,
    They are both nice resorts and I really don't think you can go wrong but suggest you start another thread and let each camp weigh in.
    Have a great celebration!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andreallybadeggs View Post
    And the answer is "Yes"...totally depends on who answers the question.
    Great response and so true .
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: