Quantcast Bed Bugs at Poly??? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No they didn't and that was fine, I just wanted them to be aware of the situation.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

YIKES!
    I just read through this thread and ow I am freaked out! We have been to WDW 7 times and never had anything like this happen to us! I am going to take giant ziploc bags to bring all of our clothes home, and keeping all of it outside for a few weeks before bringing it back in the house! So am I understanding that even if you wash in hot water with color safe bleach it will not kill them? I am asking because we will be taking a few pair of our jeans each, and though we can live a few weeks without some of our t-shirts, we need our jeans! I will also buy some spray to spray the suitcase with when we return. It does not sound like it will work until we see them in our stuff and it will not repel them, so I think I will have the spray here when we get back to treat everything outside before bringing any of our stuff in the house. Ugh you poor thing, I am so sorry this happened to you.
    1996-POLY
    1999-ASMOVIES & POR
    2000-POFQ
    2002-BCV & AKL
    2005-POFQ & OKW
    2005- POP & WL
    2008- POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much!! I never washed anything in bleach, what I could do in hot water I did and dryer. Some stuff I had to do in cold water because of shrinking and it seemed to have worked. My comforter, sheets etc...I just threw away and replaced everything! I would just take the ziplock/trash bags, make sure nothing goes on the bed and keep the luggage up on the rack if possible. I will probably spray my luggage once I am ready to pack up my clothes to come home and then once again after unpacking.
    I do this at every hotel now, I don't want anyone to think I'm just bashing the Poly, cause I'm going back there next year! It's a problem everywhere with foreigners coming in and having little stow aways in their bags!!
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, this is the first I saw this thread. However, a few months back, my dh was watching this show (terminators or something) and it had bed bugs on it.
    Freaked me out. Last Thursday, we drove up to Niagara falls and stayed the night. During the night, I woke up and felt like I had a bite on my arm. I thought about that show and it kept me up all night! In the morning, my dh said he had a hard time sleeping because of the same reason. We both kind of laughed it off... I was happy I wasn't the only one that got it in her head, since he was the one that was watching that horrible show.

Now, I am really freaked, because I really just thought it was 'in my head', but now I am worried, what are the chances that if it was bed bugs, they stowed away in our luggage?!?!.... I just hope it was all in our imagination.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No I don't know what the chances are of getting them, but you could have definetly been feeling them! Especially if it's around the 3 a.m. hour or after! I don't know how I got them and I even sprayed everything down with Lysol which apparently does not work against bed bugs!!! It took me a really long time to find them too, months! I kept looking too thinking there had to be something in my bed and nothing! One day I guess I just "lucked out" and found one at least then I knew I wasn't crazy!

I would just tell you not to worry so much until you start seeing bites on you in clusters, or even 2 right by each other.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know what the bites look like? I am going to do an internet search.
    Lori Ann
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Heck yeah I do, they were all over me for months
    They are smaller than a mosquito bite but kind of resemble that of a mosquito bite just smaller (think flea bites) if you go on the internet and google it under images you'll see some really bad cases of them. Mine weren't as severe as those, however I did get the clustered effect. And of course the scratching didn't help with the look of it either.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I worry about my little ones the most.
    I wish I would have seen this post when you first wrote it up.
    Like I said, hopefully, it was just in our mind and I did not have a bunch of bites on me when I woke up. It was just that I laid back down (probably around the 2:00 or 3:00 AM mark after a bathroom visit and felt something bite me or felt like something bit me). So, ofcourse, my mind went there. And once it went there, I couldn't sleep imagining bugs crawling on me.... you know what I am talking aobut.

I havent' noticed anything since I got home, but just want to keep an eye on it. Just to make sure. Luckily, since we were only there one day, I did not unpack and left my suit case up on the luggage stand.

We go to Disney for 10 days, I usually unpack, but maybe I will keep it packed this year.
    Lori Ann
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

And you know what was the weirdest part of the whole thing...my kids and husband...not one single bite! I was the "host" and I was all they needed. I'm the one that gets most of the mosquito bites in the house as well!
    If you read all of the posts here, you may have read that you can buy a spray for your trip. It is at your local exterminator company and it is specifically for luggage and theres also SteriFab that you can take along too. I would definetly watch putting clothes in the drawers unless they are in ziplock bags. The bugs live inside the furniture as well.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

NYObabe- Is their for any sure way to see them? We leave VERY soon for our vaca, i'm hoping I wont see any and i dont have long to look as when we get their it will already be past the kids bedtime so we'll be going right to bed!!
    Wish my room luck (no bugs)
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Well they say the best way is to flick a light on in the middle of the night if you want to see them since they go into the mattress, headboard etc...towards morning. However as I said before, I did find that one bug in between the mattress and boxspring right down at the foot of the bed and it was around 3 in the afternoon.
    I have never put the light on in the middle of the night because it would just freak me out too much. Having the bites was enough for me!
    You can also check the mattress for dark spots that would be an indicator that they are there.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let the bedbugs bite!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bed Bugs, blcch!!!!

When we went in May of '09, we sprayed our room with Tea Tree Oil. We never saw any bugs of any kind anywhere. That being said, this thread has been great. We are going to try and get the Sterifab from a friend of my husbands before I go to Bermuda, cause I know people from all over the world go there. I will be very deligent after reading this great thread. Thanks for keeping it going.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I didn't realize how old this thread was until I got to the end. Something the OP wrote concerns me. She claimed to have "Linear bites" on her body. This is consistant with 'Scabies" not "Bed Bugs".

Scabies can be found in bedding, furnature, rugs etc...
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnO View Post
    I didn't realize how old this thread was until I got to the end. Something the OP wrote concerns me. She claimed to have "Linear bites" on her body. This is consistant with 'Scabies" not "Bed Bugs".

Scabies can be found in bedding, furnature, rugs etc...
    Everything I've read is just the reverse - bedbugs follow the vein-line so the bites are usually in a line. Scabies are mites and go everywhere.

I so hope to experience neither one, personally.

Post Thanks / Like

i just recently caught a show on bed bugs and the infestation a lady brought home after staying at a 4 star hotel. the interesting part was that it was a bed bug sniffing dog that located the source, her luggage. and they we're killed instantly with a "fog" that froze them solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessat37 View Post
    i just recently caught a show on bed bugs and the infestation a lady brought home after staying at a 4 star hotel. the interesting part was that it was a bed bug sniffing dog that located the source, her luggage. and they we're killed instantly with a "fog" that froze them solid.
    lol, I just tried to flick that little bug off my screen.
    Now I am itchy.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for an industry that deals w/bedbugs on a regular basis. Our company even requires us to attend seminar on this subject. (EEWWWW)
    Sprays and repellants are fine, but will not kill ALL of the bugs or their offspring. A few tips...don't set your luggage on the floor after you empty it. Closet shelf is best. Don't be shy about checking your beds for tell-tale signs of bedbugs. They;re virtually clear before the feed, but once they have, they will leave a dark "blood" streak as they move across the bed. They also kinda congregate around the edgings of the mattress, so look around the bottom edge too. They prefer bedding (hence the name), but also like dark out-of-the-way places as well. We've seen them in the headboards on the walls, picture frames, and dressers. But, it doesn't matter where they are,,,they can "smell" you and will find you in the night (sounds creepy don't it?) They're not toxic and their bites are worrisome at best. They are brought to hotels by international travelers, and once you ger them and take them home, they are almost impossible to get rid of! The one thing that will kill them is extreme heat, So, if you've brought home more than the usual vaca souvenirs, put everything in the dryer and max heat for about 30 min. Then wash as usual and dry again! AS for infestation in your home, exterminators are best for that! If your're really freaked out and want to avoid contact, you can get a "Protect-A-Bed" cover for your mattress and foundation w/a "lock" to ensure you're not their next meal and a spray for the in and outside of your luggage, in case it comes in contact w/someone elses that has been infested!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessat37 View Post
    OMG!! Seriously - I just thought there was a bug on my screen too!!!!!!

Don't DO THAT!!!! ha ha ha
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseMB View Post
    lol, I just tried to flick that little bug off my screen.
    Now I am itchy.
    Me too.... I thought what are the chances of a bug on the screen when I am reading this.
    Disney World:
    1996 Honeymoon @ Wilderness Lodge
    1997 Caribbean Beach
    2001 All Star Movies
    2006 Pop Century
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 BCV/AKL

2012: AKL June 26- July 6

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: