Quantcast Haunted Mansion experience ruined - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

im sure glad i go to the world in sept and dont really have to put up with much of this
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a bad experience like that at AK while getting on the train. It was so crowded and I literally got taken by the crowd and pushed in a pillar. A sharp edge hit my shin and left a huge knot. I was crying all the way to Rafiki's Planet Watch because it hurt so bad. Then a CM inside the building wouldn't help us get ice for the swelling! But a nice CM outside who was vending one of those drink carts saw us and gave us some ice. A Japanese tourist also poured cold water on my leg. It was quite an experience all because of a rude crowd! I have never been on that train since then.
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I've never liked that part of the HM- I find myself always getting a little nervous before the room opens up to the buggies. Part of the confusion is that the room is too dark. It's always mass hysteria. We've tried the staying back thing but what happens is that the other stretch room opens up before the line thins down and we end up just fighting the next crowd that has just dumped into the room.
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemickey68 View Post
    DisneyFreak2002, no large crowds don't bother me it was the craziness and people shoving around like cattle, what ruined the experience of the ride was I have always enjoyed that darkness and kinda creepiness when you get out of the stretching room and walk to get onto the buggy and having to deal with people pushing and shoving in the dark was something I luckily had never dealt with on the HM, I was also very concerned about the little kids around and someone getting hurt ! I also never knew there was more than 1 stretching room!?!?
    I always expect a large crowd no matter what time of year I go. Like I said I have been to DL and WDW and never experienced this, Lucky I guess as looking at all the posts it is becoming more common. It's just a shame that people are so impatient and rude now a days and have no consideration for others.
    Word, I was getting awfully uncomfortable with all those people pushing around. If you shove and say excuse me it's one thing, but to shove people around expect your way to be most important is something that is a fatal flaw in all people that vacation nowadays. Just because you spent a lot of money doesn't mean everyone else didn't, treat each person around you as if they're in you're party, it'll make the trip so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I have seen this on rare occasions when they had to stop the ride to allow a guest needing special assistance to board which backs up the loading process and the CMs working the Stretching Rooms which are set on a timed schedule are unaware this is happening and continue to allow people to enter the Stretching Rooms.
    Agreed.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraByTheSea View Post
    I never understood pushing and shoving to get on any ride anyway... It's like they think they're giving away $100 bills to the first 10 ppl on - you're not going to miss anything, so slow down and be patient, ya know?
    exactly!! What is the rush??? we too have been smooshed and smashed and I have to hold my dd's 8 hand really hard to not have her tugged away from me!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV