Quantcast New resort - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New resort

Post Thanks / Like

The Four Seasons hotels are SO far and beyond Disney in the level of service they provide ... it's not even "service" but it's the attention to detatail and personal touches that makes FS successful ... I stayed at the Four Seasons in Chicago 2 years ago when I worked for Amex Travel on a comp stay ... when I got to the hotel in a taxi the doorman greeted me, asked my name, I pronounced my last name (not hard, but Hispanic so lots of times it's tricky for people) -- when I got up to the check in desk (it was on the 8th floor I believe) the counter staff greeted me as I walked up "Hello Mr. XX, welcome to the Four Seasons, we've been waiting for you ..." and the entire stay hotel staff knew my name and pronounced it correctly ...

I was amazed and fully understood why people pay the big bucks for FS stays. While working in AMEX travel I had many many may wealthy and celebrity clients that would ONLY stay at FS properties ... and all of their preferences travel between the hotels, so nothing is ever missed.

In contrast I put clients up in one of the big suites at the Poly ... 3 bedroom suite at over $4500 a night and they had to complain 2x that they didn't have enough towels. IMO that's not "deluxe".

I think that adding this hotel to the Disney property will broaden the type of client that visits WDW ... and should bring in some big spenders as well.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    The Four Seasons hotels are SO far and beyond Disney in the level of service they provide ... it's not even "service" but it's the attention to detatail and personal touches that makes FS successful ... I stayed at the Four Seasons in Chicago 2 years ago when I worked for Amex Travel on a comp stay ... when I got to the hotel in a taxi the doorman greeted me, asked my name, I pronounced my last name (not hard, but Hispanic so lots of times it's tricky for people) -- when I got up to the check in desk (it was on the 8th floor I believe) the counter staff greeted me as I walked up "Hello Mr. XX, welcome to the Four Seasons, we've been waiting for you ..." and the entire stay hotel staff knew my name and pronounced it correctly ...

I was amazed and fully understood why people pay the big bucks for FS stays. While working in AMEX travel I had many many may wealthy and celebrity clients that would ONLY stay at FS properties ... and all of their preferences travel between the hotels, so nothing is ever missed.

In contrast I put clients up in one of the big suites at the Poly ... 3 bedroom suite at over $4500 a night and they had to complain 2x that they didn't have enough towels. IMO that's not "deluxe".

I think that adding this hotel to the Disney property will broaden the type of client that visits WDW ... and should bring in some big spenders as well.

Thank you,

That was excellent

Post Thanks / Like

... I pronounced my last name (not hard, but Hispanic so lots of times it's tricky for people) -- when I got up to the check in desk (it was on the 8th floor I believe) the counter staff greeted me as I walked up "Hello Mr. XX, welcome to the Four Seasons, we've been waiting for you ..." and the entire stay hotel staff knew my name and pronounced it correctly ...
    What's so tricky about that name? Everyone who drinks beer knows hows to prononce "Dos Equis"
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    What's so tricky about that name? Everyone who drinks beer knows hows to prononce "Dos Equis"
    HA!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as we're sharing Four Seasons stories -

Once I was traveling to Houston on business and stayed at the Four Seasons. It was basketball season, and my beloved Virginia Cavaliers were playing Georgia Tech that night. The game was only regionally televised, so in Houston you could only see it at a sports bar that could pick up the satellite feed. On my way out in the morning, I stopped by the front desk and asked if there was a sports bar nearby where I might be able to watch the game. The desk clerk said she didn't know off the top of her head, but she would check to see if there were any sports bars within walking distance. When I returned to my room that evening from my meetings, there was a handwritten note - on very nice note stock, I might add - that said something to the effect of "Dear Mr. XX, the XX sports bar is located just a few blocks from the hotel. I have called the bartender and arranged to have the Virginia-Georgia Tech game shown. The game begins at 6:30. The hotel car will be available to take you to XX at your convenience. Sincerely, XX."

Now that's service.

Post Thanks / Like

In contrast I put clients up in one of the big suites at the Poly ... 3 bedroom suite at over $4500 a night and they had to complain 2x that they didn't have enough towels. IMO that's not "deluxe"
    I've seen the rooms at the Poly. I've seen the Poly itself. Apart from location I don't think this resort deserves to be in the deluxe category. It's a glorified themed 70s motel, IMO, and is certainly not on par with the FS by a long shot to be in that price range.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

I've never stayed at a Four Seasons, so for kicks I went to their Chicago site to see what room costs and services were, and saw this:

Bedtime stories butler
    Inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures family film Bedtime Stories, Four Seasons Hotel Chicago offers a Bedtime Stories Butler. By appointment, the Hotel's own storyteller will visit your guest room with a selection of storybooks presented on a silver tray and read bedtime stories to your children. The butler will leave them with a special limited edition Bedtime Stories plug-in nightlight. At check-in, your children will receive a bookmark with information about this special complimentary service.
    How cool is that?!

Post Thanks / Like

My father will be thrilled to hear this, and I hope that they bargain with Disney to get their visitors those coveted onsite outsider Extra Magic Hours.

Something tells me, if I go with my father after this is built we might be staying there anyway.

It sounds great and hopefully it will bring a few new lux restaurants to Disney.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: