Quantcast Dou You Wear NEW Clothes to Disney Parks? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Not always new but I make sure I always look good. When you look good you feel good.
    4/12 - All Star Sports
    12/10 - All Star Sports
    12/09 - All-Star Sports
    12/08 - All-Star Movies
    8/08 - All-Star Movies
    11/07 - Yacht Club
    7/98 - Wilderness Lodge
    10/96 - Disneyland
    7/94 - Dixie Landings
    Prior to 1990 - too many to mention!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Do you wear new clothes to Disney Parks

Years ago I use to think I needed new clothes to go on Disney but now I wear what I have. It's just a woman thing to think you need something new.
    I don't pay much attention to what people wear . I do notice men in particular wearing wife beater shirts and saying on t-shirts I feel are way out of place at Disney. I'm not a snob by no means but somethings I have read are really out there.

Post Thanks / Like

ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
    DH gets new underwear and DS gets new socks, whether or not they need them. I on the otherhand get EVERYTHING new
    Actually DS and DH get new clothes also if they want. They just don't like to shop like me

Buying new before the trip does not stop me from buying more when in Orlando. I just love the Florida Mall.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

We usually buy new Disney T-shirts each year. We try to always match while at Disney. We usually just have shorts to go with them.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

We usually wear fairly new clothes to Disney. We've been tending to go in May, well before summer starts up here, so we need new things for the summer anyways.

Really though, I want us all to look nice, since we get so many pictures done, they are just better if we all have nice clothes on too.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Not as much as we use to. When my kids were younger I use to pretty much dress them in head to toe disney, coordinated, and matching the park or character meal that we were going to that day- sometimes switching mid-day to ensure that the theme continued. Is this a sickness? Honestly, I remember one time at our airport, on the way to Disney, an airport worker commenting on how my four year old daughter looked as though she had already been on vacation- disney skirt, top, socks and sparkling shoes, disney princess ears with veil, backpack and pulling her sparkling Disney Princess suitcase- clutching her soft Cinderella sleeping doll-all new- bought especially for our arrival day. It must have been a sickness. Now that everyone is getting older (and refusing to enable the sickness) we bring our nice, comfortable summery clothes with some new stuff thrown in. And only a few Disney things.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default New everything

Call it a big expense. Afteall if your going to Disney you MUST be ready to spend boo cuu bucks. It's a long family tradition I need to blame on my parents. When I was a child, my mom and dad would splurge on me with new threads, so now I do the same for myself, my wife and my son. All the way down to the underwear. It becomes a BIG expense, but hey it's well worth it, Disney is not your ordinary theme park. It's a land of fantasy. When I walk around the "world", I'm dressed like a gentleman, Walt deserves that. I usually go in the summer, so a nice brand new pair of shorts, polo shirt, new kicks, new socks, new boxer shorts, even new cologne. I worry about the expense when I get my credit card bill the following month.
    '82-WDW
    '87-Pol
    '88-Pol
    '89-GF
    '00-CB
    '01-Dis. Wonder/Pol
    '02-GF
    '04-WDW/Coro
    '05Pop
    '06-Pop
    '08-DL Paris
    '08-GF / Coro
    '09-Contem
    '10-DL/Anaheim
    '10-WDW/GF
    '11-WDW/Pol, Contem

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page" -Saint Augustine

Post Thanks / Like

I never wear new clothes to WDW. Literally, everytime I go there I wear basketball shorts, t-shirt, ball cap, sun glasses and beat up shoes. I'm only there to have fun, not impress. I will wear a new shirt whenever I've bought the one t-shirt souvenir I'll get every once in a while, but other than that, beat up clothes that are broken in so I'm comfortable and not worried about ruining anything.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think I did, but looking back to this Spring, any new clothes items I bought were things that I thought would be great for Disney - new tanks/halters etc for the HOT weather. I actually bought 2 new pairs of Disney PJ's, so I wouldn't be sportin' my usual (dh's old t-shirts). I even bought my dh and 2 boys matching Mickey Hawaiian shirts for Poly. I also try not to pack things that I know we have a lot of pic's of us wearing on the last trip.

The thing that cracks my dh up is that when me, my mom and sister buy new clothes, we don't wear them right away, we let them sit in the closet for a little - not sure what we're waiting for, it's not like a fine wine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    I actually have "Disney clothes" that I almost only wear at WDW. Drives my wife nuts.
    LOL, me too! Although DH does not seem to mind. Some of mine are almost vintage now but I always get some compliments from other guests while at the parks!
    "You can say it backwards, which is... DOCIOUSALIEXPIISTIC- FRAGILCALIRUPUS. - But that's going a bit too far, don't you think? - indubitably."
    -:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:--

* YC *WL *BC *BW *CB *Swan *Dolphin *GF *Poly* POFQ*

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I go out and buy the whole family new clothes and dh always complains. LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumb ??? here....

What the heck are jorts????

Post Thanks / Like

The only things I buy are new socks, new sneakers and sometimes a new boston sports team hat. I buy new sneakers a month or 2 in advance to break them in before i go to wdw.

I wear t-shirts to the parks during the day and polo shirt for dinner in the evening
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by georger View Post
    What the heck are jorts????
    jean shorts, there is a whole thread about jorts its pretty funny
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Ha...this is funny. I make it a point to look my best when going to Disney. There's alot of cute girls there for us single guys. Of course I live close by so one day doesn't hurt nice clothes.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

DW usually buys our family of 4 new shirts for each day before each trip (although sometimes we uses ones form a previous trip) so that each day we are wearing matching colors. It makes it a lot easier to find each other in the crowds.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Iteachpc Guest

Default New Clothes

Okay, I already posted on this thread, but now I've got to repost.

I started packing and realized there were more days to our trip than shorts in my wardrobe! So off to the store for a couple new pairs! They are now tucked in my suitcase with a couple of new shirts as well. So I will be sporting a few new duds!

We head to Orlando on Friday! WE CAN'T WAIT!

Post Thanks / Like

Nah usually just the oldest/softest clothes I think can hold out for day or two without bugging me really. I like to save up and try to not spend any money before I go so I can spend more there lol! I buy wayyy too much stuff while I'm there so I don't think it makes up for it.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I always buy new clothes for disney, for me and the kids. It is definitely not our complete wardrobe but some of us women prepare for our trips as if they are like the next coming of christ. I spend months preparing and planning and I am already gathering things for packing and we still have 49 days until we leave. It is always nice to take Disney pictures and have new clothes on in them, and this will set apart photos from previous trips, as well. I also have clothes that I have worn before that I have to "get into" for my trip, and that is typically the only time they fit. I don't see this as all that abnormal for a woman to do.
    I LOVE THIS! And....I agree!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! It is vacation, a chance to do new things and have fun, be free for a week. Good for her to get excited about it all. I do the same thing and my hubby loves it.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: