Quantcast Toddlers Left Alone @ CBR - Guardians at Pool!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Typical

Let's see, You need to get a license to own a dog...You need a license to get married. But...Anyone can have a kid. I think there should be a licensing process that includes keeping a house plant alive for one year prior to having children. If you can't keep a house plant alive, you keep a child. It's that simple.
    Enjoying the Magic every year since 1971!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't even keep fake houseplants looking good so I guess my kids are safe!!
    When I did try to have plants around the house my sister would come by and comment on them needing water and my response was always
    "Look, I remember to feed and water my kids, so I'm ahead of the game"
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

How can people be so stupid??!!??

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable! I am so glad they got caught.

Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly what happened in Portugal! You would think the entire world would know better after that!

And especially with all the molester arrests at WDW over the last couple of weeks!

When I think of what Mark and I had to go through to become parents, it amazes me that God doesn't place fertility switches on our backs that can't be turned on until you are ready to raise a child selflessly instead of selfishly! I am putting in a request....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

This just makes absolutely no sense at all. Not only were there TWO of them (they could have taken turns)...most hotels have babysitting services.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    If the child/children were sound asleep, I could see slipping out for a moment to get ice from the machine or something. After all, at home we close the door to their room while they are napping and tend to other things in the house. But, when I say a moment I mean less than 3 minutes. This isn't home and nowhere is completely safe... even WDW resorts.
    I agree. and I have a very responsible 9 yr old. their grandparents live next door and i have run next door before for something but NEVER left them for more than a few minutes and its always extremely nervous and heart-pounding few minutes for ME! How could you relax wondering what could be happening to your kids?
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

How could someone just leave their two VERY YOUNG children alone for several HOURS? How do people like that even become Foster parents? That is completely and utterly screwed up. Those people should never be able to take care of any more foster children. That's just ridiculous!
    ~*Take my hand and guide me through the path that leads me back to you*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I agree. and I have a very responsible 9 yr old. their grandparents live next door and i have run next door before for something but NEVER left them for more than a few minutes and its always extremely nervous and heart-pounding few minutes for ME! How could you relax wondering what could be happening to your kids?
    I can tell you why what you do and feel is different than what those two do and feel...
    YOU have a heart and it is filled with love for your children.
    YOU put your children first, ABOVE yourself..
    I bet when you sit down at the dinner table the first thing you do is cut up your childs food, test it to see if it too hot, feed the child then you eat your dinner, usually cold/lukewarm and you still love your child!
    Those two took in the foster kids to pay for a trip to disney and HAD to take the kids but they were not going to let the kids ruin THEIR good times. And, judging by the mug shots they were having a rip roarin good time at the pool bar.
    Any good parent will panic whenever they have to leave a child alone for longer than a moment.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing that makes me madder than putting a child in danger. Especially when this type of stupidity is involved. I hope these two are buried under the courthouse. I pray that the authoritys place these two babies in a safe place.
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

I think this shows the level of selfishness many people feel. It makes me sad that their afternoon swim and is more important than the well-being of their children.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

How horrible! These little ones deserve so much more love and care. I really hope they find it. It just makes me sad that there are so many people that would love to hold and care for a child and do not get the opportunity, and then you have scum like this being handed children. And then think, this lady actual was put in charge of the 'social' well being of a lot of children at school. Sick!
    I fear they will get a small smack on the hand and not what they really deserve!

In my opinion, 1 minute out of the room leaving your child is to long when you are on vacation. Being at home and running to the mailbox or outside for a minute is totally different than when you are on vacation. Remember it only takes a minute for them to vanish. NOTHING is more important than the safety of your children. My girls are 6 1/2 and I would not leave them in a room for anything.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

What in the world were these "parents" thinking?!?! Oh, that's right...they weren't!

2 and 4 years old! There's really no way to justify this.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

See that these are/were FOSTER parents, they are probably in it for the money.

Yes, this was a horrible occurrence, but since the woman was a Counsellor, they probably were rushed right through the fostering process. Just goes to show you how little actual checking these agencies do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    See that these are/were FOSTER parents, they are probably in it for the money.

Yes, this was a horrible occurrence, but since the woman was a Counsellor, they probably were rushed right through the fostering process. Just goes to show you how little actual checking these agencies do.
    My thoughts exactly. You would think that with a charge like child endangerment, or neglect, she would loose her job. I hope so.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Okay former foster parent here.

Yes, foster parents do get some income to assist with child expenses, but it's not much. I really can't imagine someone making money off foster parenting unless they had a lot of kids or just weren't providing for the kids they had. I know it does happen, but I can't believe that it's super common.

We can all say that there are lots of people who would love to care for toddlers, but the fact is that there are very few people signing on to be foster parents. The state does a background check and a basic family study before placing a child, but they can't be too picky when the need for parents is so great. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back because I fully admit that there is no way I would foster except that in our case the kids were relatives. (I know ).

Also, laws probably vary from state to state, but in my state a foster parent cannot take a child across state lines. Technically foster children are in temporary state custody and until a permanent custody decision has been made the kids cannot leave the state.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    Also, laws probably vary from state to state, but in my state a foster parent cannot take a child across state lines. Technically foster children are in temporary state custody and until a permanent custody decision has been made the kids cannot leave the state.
    That puts a whole new twist on things...
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I have to agree with this. I've seen a school counselor get rushed through for CASA and she admitted she had absolutely no clue what she was doing. In the end, she ended up hurting the child more than helping.
    First trip...02/72 Fort Wilderness
    Last trip...2/2016 Boardwalk Inn
    Next trip...2/2017 Boardwalk Inn Princess Half Weekend

"Mama, another gator got in the house"

"Don't make me turn this formation around!"

Post Thanks / Like

So much for it being a family vacation for these two kids. I hope they find a better placement for them.

You cannot leave a 2 and 4 year old without responsible supervision.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    Okay former foster parent here.
    Yes, foster parents do get some income to assist with child expenses, but it's not much...
    ..Also, laws probably vary from state to state, but in my state a foster parent cannot take a child across state lines..
    Thank you, I hope you don't mind me usuing your words to make a point.

Foster Parents have their good & bad apples. Some are smart, some not so- but most of them do not go into it for da money.
    So remember, some very nice, intelligent, caring people become foster parents (for any number of reasons). Lets make sure not to bash Foster Parents . These 2 on the other hand
    So it is possible that they have violated their own state laws. Good, Good.
    Someone earlier said something about a slap on the wrist- this is florida, and child endangerment is not something they take kindly to- so lets hope if/when convicted that these 2 get what they deserve

As to her loosing her job, it might not be possible (unless she misses to much time due to court appearances,etc). Remember I don't think a school can leagally remove her from her post, at least untill convicted. In the same breath, I would not want her counseling my kids- so if I lived in that district, I would make sure the principal and superintendant know this, and I would make all the other parents aware...

I think it would be appropriate if convicted for a sentance of these childrens ages (ie 2-4 or 6) for these 2 ...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: