Quantcast To hop or not to hop? ticket question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question To hop or not to hop? ticket question

I have booked a trip for Oct 29th to Nov 2nd. We will only have 3 full days for the parks. I have tickets to MNSSHP for Sat 10/31 which is my daughters birthday (she will get in for free) We shouldnt have a problem doing one park per day so we could save money by just getting MYW passes. But we would like to do DHS and AK in the same day. Can you mix park passes? maybe a 2 day MYW pass and 1 day hopper pass? I was thinking I could do 2 parks on Sat, because I have paid for the halloween party so we could do DHS or AK and MK for the party on the same day.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The cost for park hopping is the same regardless of the number of days on your pass. If you're going to pay for park hopping, you might as well give yourself the option for doing it on all days of your trip - rather than just one.

On the day of the party, you can enter the Magic Kingdom around 4 p.m. on your party tickets regardless of the park you had gone to earlier that day on your regular park tickets.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I much prefer the option of park hopping. This way, I can go to one park in the morning; go back to my room and rest mid-day and return to another park for the evening. It also gives me the option to dine in one park for breakfast and another for dinner.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to go to WDW without park hopping, IMHO!
    ~~ Lisa ~~
    You're of worth! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trips to WDW: 6
    Trips to Disneyland: 8 plus.

John 3:16 is a place to start.....

Post Thanks / Like

Here is our reason for always getting a park hopper; sometimes you get to a park and it is not a good day there. You may decide to go to hollywood, only to find out that rock n roller coaster is shut down for maintenance. You may get to Animal Kingdom and it is raining and decide, man, we should've gone to Epcot. OR you may be at Magic Kingdom and find out that all the churches and high school groups are THERE that day. You just don't know what will come your way, so you pay that extra for a hopper, kind of as your trip insurance.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I am a strong advocate of the park hopping options. Things come up and you might not think you need hopping and find out later you wish you had it. Jonahbear2006 gave a few examples that support hopping and many more can be given. On my recent trip there was a storm right before Spectro one night I was in the MK and the parade was cancelled. If that was my only day for the MK and I didn't have hopping i might have missed the parade. I also use hopping alot at night if I am at AK at it closes at 7PM I can go to the MK the same day since it will be open later. It really can maximize your time in the parks and minimize some of the hassles of planning you entire day around one park.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Park Hop

It's worth the extra to have that flexibility. Mostly for dinning or catching the fireworks at a different park.

Post Thanks / Like

we wouldn't dream of not having park hopping, but here's an option for you:

Buy 3 day base ticket, and go to the parks. You have 14 days to modify them, so if you go to the parks and think, man wish we could go to Epcot or AK, then go to guest services and add Park hopping. Then at least you can feel it out while you are there
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acetate View Post
    It's worth the extra to have that flexibility. Mostly for dinning or catching the fireworks at a different park.
    My thoughts exactly. It's all about being flexible!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    we wouldn't dream of not having park hopping, but here's an option for you:

Buy 3 day base ticket, and go to the parks. You have 14 days to modify them, so if you go to the parks and think, man wish we could go to Epcot or AK, then go to guest services and add Park hopping. Then at least you can feel it out while you are there
    EXACTLY!

Whether you buy the ticket as a park hopper or you upgrade during your vacation, it's exactly the same price, $50 + tax.

Post Thanks / Like

Also consider the special events that are going on such as MNSSHP and FWF. You won't have a full day's access to MK on other party nights so it might be nice to hop over to another park. FWF tends to be busier in the evenings so we like to hit the food booths for lunch and then go somewhere else for the evening. The flexibility really is nice.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We've always purchased a park hopper. However, our vacations to WDW were for a full week. This fall, we will stay at WDW for 4 days and then grab a shuttle over for a 3 day Disney cruise. So, for the first time we will try it without the hopper. We've decided to pick a park for each day, make our ADR's and go no matter what happens. We've been so many times that we feel sure that we will get all we want out of each park without feeling the need to bounce back later. And, we have older children that won't need to nap, which helps.

So, we'll see if we like it!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be a little different than everyone else, you didnt say how old your daughter is. Little ones sometimes cant take more than one park, sometimes its better to focus on one, the smaller ones dont know what they are missing if they only go to one park anyway. And if its to save money, Amen, be glad your able to go on vacation, and a realy nice one! Save the money and go out for a nicer dinner than you otherwise would, its all about the family being together! Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

For three days, I would pass on the park hopping, especially since you are already going to the MK for the party. I would do EPCOT one day, DHS before the party, MK for the party and either another MK day or maybe EPCOT (depending on my mood - I don't go to AK every trip).

I did something similar for a short trip and I didn't miss the hopping at all. Our meals were planned according to the days we planned to be in each park.

Post Thanks / Like

you got to hop.
    I got the regular pass one year and was dissapoionted. Hopping gives you the ability to go to your fav park everynight if you want. And opens up the oppurtunity to go to a less crowded park if the one you start at is jammed packed.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

For our family, AK and DHS are not full day parks. Maybe it's the age of my kids, I'm not sure. But we never have enough that we want to do in either park to fill an entire day.

We always hop. It helps us deal with the unexpected.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    Here is our reason for always getting a park hopper; sometimes you get to a park and it is not a good day there. You may decide to go to hollywood, only to find out that rock n roller coaster is shut down for maintenance. You may get to Animal Kingdom and it is raining and decide, man, we should've gone to Epcot. OR you may be at Magic Kingdom and find out that all the churches and high school groups are THERE that day. You just don't know what will come your way, so you pay that extra for a hopper, kind of as your trip insurance.

also most of the nights on a regular trip i eat table service at epcot world showcase but will go to MK or DHS afterwards rather than hangout at Epcot
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

i vote for park passes....
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

JUST any FYI...your daughter will not get into the MNSSHP for her birthday...that's a separate ticket, you will need a ticket for each of you to be able to attend and they will check for wristbands on each ride...she can get into MK for the day, but you'd have to leave at 7pm...on the days of the parties...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We live to hop. On our last trip we hit all four parks one day and twice hit three in a day. Hopping allows you the choice of going to dinner at another park than the one you are at.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: