Quantcast Haunted Hotels

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haunted Hotels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haunted Hotels

Who has stayed in haunted, or reportedly haunted, hotel? Did you see or hear anything?

We stayed at the Queen Mary one night last year on our way back from Hawaii. There was barely any guests that night. It was creepy as it's supposed to be haunted. We did a ghost tour while there. The kids said they heard footsteps at night. I didn't. However earlier in the evening we all heard 3 loud and distinct taps sounding like it was coming from the side of the ship. We looked out our porthole and saw we were facing the water and there were no balconies/walkways where anyone coould have been fooling around trying to scare us. Who knows?

Any cool stories to share about a creepy stay? BTW, the Hollywood Tower Hotel doesn't count! LOL. I've seen those ghosts, too.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We spent a weekend at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire. Reminds us a lot of the hotel from The Shining. Other than reminding us of the movie, it was a lovely stay with no unnatural occurrences!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Since I assist a paranormal research team I've seen more freaky things than I can possibly say. Never "slept" in a haunted hotel, though. Just stayed up all night looking for something fun.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Since I assist a paranormal research team I've seen more freaky things than I can possibly say. Never "slept" in a haunted hotel, though. Just stayed up all night looking for something fun.
    Cool! What's the freakiest thing you saw if you don't mind?
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the full apparition at an old mental hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL. We could see the entire form. It was like a solid shadow. We actually thought it was a person at first and chased it through a couple of rooms. Then we saw it completely silhouetted against the window and it just vanished right in front of us.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the full apparition at an old mental hospital in Tuscaloosa, AL. We could see the entire form. It was like a solid shadow. We actually thought it was a person at first and chased it through a couple of rooms. Then we saw it completely silhouetted against the window and it just vanished right in front of us.
    WOW! How cool! I'm so fasinated by this and have great respect for paranormal investigators. I'm such a "chicken" I would never be able to do this. But I'm a total believer!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

The DW, DD and a friend stayed at the Belmot Inn in Abbeville, SC a couple of years ago. At checkout the cleaning lady asked if we had seen the ghost that haunts the upstairs. We didn't hear anything on our trip but later I read that it was supposedly haunted.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

We go to New Orleans all the time and there are several haunted hotels to choose from...We've stayed in several of these..probally the most haunted is the Bourban Orleans We heard kids in the hall playing late at night and there were no children staying on that floor

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Mermaid Inn in Rye, England. The didn't visit us and I was really hoping it would.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pandkx3 View Post
    We've stayed in several of these..probally the most haunted is the Bourban Orleans We heard kids in the hall playing late at night and there were no children staying on that floor
    We've investigated there a couple of times. Great stuff. A lot of fun and super nice folks. We heard those same kids.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast.

Slept in the same room one of the murders was committed in.

Post Thanks / Like

We spent a weekend at Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire. Reminds us a lot of the hotel from The Shining. Other than reminding us of the movie, it was a lovely stay with no unnatural occurrences!
    I've stayed in the hotel where the author got the idea for The Shining. It's in Estes Park, Colorado. It's a freaky hotel but it's also beautiful. They also filmed part of Dumb and Dumber there.

In April we stayed at this hotel in Boston, called the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers. I didn't ask if the hotel was haunted but it sure felt like it was. It just had a wierd vibe to it.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't exactly sleep in a haunted hotel, but I've been in one--the hotel happens to be located in DHS. LOL just kidding-I've never been in one before, but this helps me so I know for my next haunted hotel visit. Thanks!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

We've investigated there a couple of times. Great stuff. A lot of fun and super nice folks. We heard those same kids.
    Really spooky, didn't you think...I love the place, being a history buff. I just knew that there were kids running down the hall, giggling and playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pandkx3 View Post
    Really spooky, didn't you think...I love the place, being a history buff. I just knew that there were kids running down the hall, giggling and playing.
    Definitely spooky. We had our cameras running in the hall all night. You can hear the children playing clear as day but no one is there. IMHO it's a residual haunting, though some possibility for an intelligent exists. The children, though, I think are residual.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 7, we stayed on the Queen Mary during our trip to Disneyland. Somehow I heard that it was haunted and was freaking out about it. My dear lovely caring mother than proceeds to ask me if the ghost had found me. She said he had come looking for me the night before and she sent him my way! Gee, thanks mom! Needless to say, there was no sleeping for me that night!

I'd love to stay there again as an adult.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely spooky. We had our cameras running in the hall all night. You can hear the children playing clear as day but no one is there. IMHO it's a residual haunting, though some possibility for an intelligent exists. The children, though, I think are residual.
    Isn't there a nun thats supposed to more of an intelligent haunting? Now, if I'd seen her I would probally be quickly on my way back to Hattiesburg

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in the type of hauntings?
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-Belle View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference in the type of hauntings?
    An intelligent haunting indicates that there is some sort of spirit being present which knows you are there and is capable of interacting with you. This would be, presumably, the spirit of a previously living person who needs to make contact or just is getting a kick out of messing with people.

A residual haunting is where no actual spirit is present. Energy gets trapped in the ground, the walls, etc and under certain conditions that energy is released again causing, essentially, a recording to play over and over. It's like a movie or a CD playing. What you are seeing/hearing has no idea you are there, doesn't interact with you, and is not actually an intelligent being. It's just a hologram type phenomenon, or a recording. I think this is a naturally occurring phenomenon that we just don't understand yet. Kind of life 3000 years ago people thought lightning was made by the gods and they were throwing these bolts at people. Now we know it's a natural phenomenon. My guess is at least 90% of "hauntings" are this type.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Great info Thanks Chris!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: