Quantcast Engagement @ Disney - need advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Engagement @ Disney - need advice

Hello,
    I will be engaged around the time of my next trip and informed the helpful WDW travel folks that this trip would be a special celebration.

I was wondering if anyone here could share their recent experiences w/ engagement/ marraige / honeymoon trips to WDW. (Yes I am shamelessly angling for free upgrades and/or special treatment )

Specifically looking for experiences using the Disney Florists to help set up a proposal. Also looking for general comments about the more romantic experience @ WDW. I may get an AP to do an engagement trip in the fall and honeymoon trip sometime in 2010. Thanks in advance...
    11/86 Polynesian
    10/88 Contemporary
    11/90 OS
    11/92 OS
    05/08 Shades of Green
    01/09 Shades of Green
    12/09 GF/YC/Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can certainly note your special celebration on your room and dining reservations. Sometimes folks get a little special something; sometimes not.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of romantic WDW ideas in this THREAD.

Post Thanks / Like

We did the balloon ride last trip, and I thought what a cool proposal site it would be! Well worth $32 for two people!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend of mine set up his proposal with Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom. When it was time for dessert, they brought the ring out in a glass slipper on a plate surrounded by red rose petals. I'm sure you could call them and get something set up.

Also, you need to get one of the "just engaged" buttons from customer service either at one of the Disney Resorts or the parks. They're free and cast members do a great job of acknowledging them.

Good luck and best wishes!!
    Here you leave Today, and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

D23 Charter Member
    WDW AP

20+ trips to Walt Disney World and counting since 1992!!
    1 trip to Disneyland, CA (2007)

Upcoming trips:
    Disneyland September 2012 &
    Walt Disney World November 2012 & February 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I took my wife on a surprise trip for our 28th anniversary last November. Ordered flowers and candy for the room. Disney added something that made it even more special. I will not spoil the surprise for you.

Went to California Grill with our anniversary pins the night before our actual anniversary. They had a table decorated for us, gave us a glass of champagne and a treat from the chef.

Celebrated our anniversary at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. They also gave us a glass of champagne and a special appitizer from the kitchen. For dessert, I had our daughter pop out of the kitchen to serve us after she spent the day flying from college in Maine to surprise her mom. The staff at Artist Point was outstanding helping me pull off the surprise.

I am sure you will be able to make this trip a memory that you both will have for the rest of you life together. Congratulations! Have fun.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Post Thanks / Like

Contact the club CMs and have a special treat set up in your room for returning from the parks....DH arranged this and they had balloons, a stuffed stitch, character pics and signatures, a photo frame, chocolate covered strawberries, and a couple other fancy chocolate treats
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

That part about having your daughter serve dessert to suprise your wife was outstanding!
    It made me tear up!
    Glad to hear the staff was so accomodating. That must have been a great night!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTraveler View Post
    For dessert, I had our daughter pop out of the kitchen to serve us after she spent the day flying from college in Maine to surprise her mom. The staff at Artist Point was outstanding helping me pull off the surprise.
    What a sweetheart you are! Such a cool idea!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I proposed to my wife at Cinderella's Royal table inside the Castle. When we were seated, right on que, my wife said she had to use the bathroom. soooo predictable(thankfully). I grabbed our waiter and asked for his help, and gave him what I was hoping for. After dinner, he approaches with the desert tray and starts asking us question.
    waiter "where you from"
    us "Boston"
    waiter "are you here for any special occasion"
    us "no just a vacation"
    waiter "really? you look like a honeymoon couple. Couples on thier honeymoon get special buttons and treatmen etc etc."
    me "I always ask but"
    wifey cuts me off "where's my ring?" in reference to the old lifesavers commercial with the little kids.
    waiter "well here try this one" and takes the ring out of his apron, opens it, and places it on the table. She was sooooo confused, and wasn't quite sure what was happenning until I dropped to my knee and proposed. It went as I had hoped and she said yes. A woman sitting behind us realized what was going on and grabbed my camera off the table and started snapping pictures, so we even have pics of the whole event. We have been back a few times since then and always request him.

2x in the 80's (off property)
    99 CBR
    00 DDR Marriott (got engaged)
    02 DDR Marriott
    02 POFQ (1st anniversary)
    04 CBR (3rd anniversary)
    06 POR (ds 1st bday)
    SEPT 08 CBR (7th anniversary)
    Jan 11 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Proposed to DW in '04 at MVMCP on Main Street in the snow......it is our little piece of joy
    As of Dec 06 we are now 7
    Off site 1982
    Off site 1983
    Caribbean Beach 1989
    Pop Century 2004 (DW's first visit)
    Caribbean Beach 2006

Contemporary CL Youngests first trip December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I love both of these last two posts!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Default Engagement at Disney~Need Advice

DH and I went to DW for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I called "Disney Florest" for a gift basket for our special trip. I picked one that came w/6 bottles of beer (we both like our beer! ) a large bag of tortilla chips, salse, pretzels and dipping mustard. It came in a re-usable black Mickey shaped head basket...When we got to our room it was waiting for us. The CM at SSR&S also added a few x-tras. They gave us a Photo Pass card, chocolate covered strawberries and a DW picture frame!!
    VERY COOL indeed.....

Disney DOES know how to make any occasion "Special"...

How about a horse drawn buggy proposal? I think you can do that a VWL? Or, maybe take a
    romantic boat ride at night? I think Disney even has one that comes w/a driver, food, etc.
    Not sure how much that would be though...

Just a thought~
    Good luck whatever you decide!

Live,Love,Laugh~~
    Maryutigger

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: