Quantcast Will I be teased for wearing Jorts to the parks? - Page 15

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, yeah. Jean shorts? Nope. But, as long as Old Navy makes them people will wear them.

I would say 1994 was the death of the Jean Short ... and cut-off jeans? that was out in the 70's (even Daisy Duke didn't wear cut-offs).
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with others who said that jean shorts went out of style a while back. They may come back later on, but for now, I would choose a lightweight 100% cotton pair of shorts to wear. In the summer heat in Florida, I think that most people would just be too hot. I would also recommend using some Gold Bond powder to add some additional comfort and keep cool and dry. Hope that this helps...

Post Thanks / Like

jean shorts on men are unacceptable.

jean shorts on women are ok but completely unacceptable if they have the fringe at the bottom.

that being said, i think fashion goes out the window at disney. people wear some TERRIBLE things there. but it's disney, it's your time to dork it out!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    Speaking of jorts, remember when short shorts were in, in the 80's? Then we all started seeing young men wearing the long shorts down to their knees, and we all thought that was the goofiest thing?? Now, looking back at old pictures, my kids laugh hysterically at the short shorts! LOL I keep telling them that they will be back in style one of these days. They can't even imagine it!!
    Anybody over about the age of 30 knows that fashion runs in cycles.
    Back in the late 60s - early 70s my wife had a closet full of short skirts, then the fashion went to floor dusting length skirts, now lengths are all over the board.

I can remember women being horrified if even a part of a bra strap was showing, now it seems to be a fashion statement in some circles to show off as much of your underwear as possible.

What is fine to some is a look others wouldn't be caught dead in.

There are fashions that I find unattractive, not to mention ugly. But, I would never be arrogant enough to tell someone that their attire was unacceptable, unless it had crossed the line to being totally obscene.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great topic. My brother-in-law loves to come to Disney wearing the following:

-Mandals (Man sandals)
    -Jorts (Jean shorts)
    -Plain white t-shirt (the thinnest kind that Hanes sells in the underwear section)
    -Red bandanna on his head

He has a goatee and with the bandanna, our four year old thinks that he looks like a pirate.

He gives my wife and I a hard time because we like to wear our Disney t-shirts and he thinks that we are Disney snobs. We don't dress to the gills to go the parks, but we always take lots of photos and it's just nice to look halfway decent for a photo that may end up on the wall of your home, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good legs?

The world give great legs a "pass", no matter what they are wearing... not a perfect world, I know.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

SFTrny Guest

Just look at the stats for the thread. This has the most posts and the most views of any active thread in this forum...or from what I can tell, any active thread in any forum!

This thread now has over 10,000 views; the next closest, under 7000. And over 280 replies...next closest 237.

Amazing how a small thing like appropriate pantsing would generate such an interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think it's evolved beyond the original question and taken on a life all it's own.

Threads do that around here from time to time!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...."appropriate pantsing".

Love it!

Post Thanks / Like

I googled Jorts and it came up through UrbanDictionary. I then submitted Scrocs. I read/saw someone else making fun of us Gator fans under Jorts, so I retaliated against one of our biggest foes.

Anyway, this has been an entertaining thread. Maybe I should head up an awards thread and submit this as most viewed.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    LOL...."appropriate pantsing".

Love it!
    Oooh. Being "Appropriately Pants-ed" means something completely different where we are. This usually happens to men (Some of whom I worked with years ago - I never did this myself, though. I am a nice guy) with large waists who insist on still wearing pants with a 32 inch waist!

All it takes is one good tug from behind....

Last edited by garymacd; 06-04-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I was following this thread before our recent trip and I made it a point to do an unofficial survey of the number of jort wearers during our trip. I forgot! In fact, I was so into our trip to my favorite place I have NO IDEA what anyone else was wearing. NONE! Women could have been topless and men wearing speedos and I don't think I would have noticed. My family and I were having too much fun to care!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their own individual style and I respect that and could honestly care less what other people are wearing.

That being said, I haven't worn jean shorts in 15 years. I haven't even seen them at any of the stores I shop in years, and I very rarely see them on any men up here in Boston.

Now if a beautiful woman aged 21-45, decides to wear a pair of short, "Daisy Duke" jean shorts on a hot summer day, well then who am I to say that she shouldn't

Jay

SFTrny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    I was following this thread before our recent trip and I made it a point to do an unofficial survey of the number of jort wearers during our trip. I forgot! In fact, I was so into our trip to my favorite place I have NO IDEA what anyone else was wearing. NONE! Women could have been topless and men wearing speedos and I don't think I would have noticed. My family and I were having too much fun to care!
    It's disappointing that SOME PEOPLE would put their own personal interests ahead of the serious issues of this thread! SHOCKED! Shocked, I am! I demand that you return for at least a week and spend your entire time surveying and reporting on the "sub-navel" clothing elections of the WDW populous.

Post Thanks / Like

Wear whatever you want as long as it isn't innapropriate for public decency or disrespectful to others.

About wearing socks and sandals or crocs:

I agree that long socks or colored socks with sandals or crocs generally looks silly, but again wear what you want.

But what is wrong with the short white socks or ankle socks (as long as they don't go above your ankle) with sandals? I think there are times, especially when you are on your feet all day, say like at WDW it benefits your feet to have socks on.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I asked my 15 year old the other day if she knew what Jorts were and she looked at me like I was insane.

She had never heard the term before.
    Becky
    Contemporary - 7/05
    Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 7/11 with extended family (15 of us in all!!!)
    ME, DH, DD-17, DS-14, DS-10& DS-7

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
    It's disappointing that SOME PEOPLE would put their own personal interests ahead of the serious issues of this thread! SHOCKED! Shocked, I am! I demand that you return for at least a week and spend your entire time surveying and reporting on the "sub-navel" clothing elections of the WDW populous.
    I would love to! Now, help me convince my husband!

Post Thanks / Like

We are down here @ WDW now and while I haven't spent every minute on jorts watch, when I am looking it doesn't take long to lose count of how many pairs I have seen.

While they are definitely a minority, they are still out here.
    We have also noticed many females guilty of wearing frayed cut-off jorts in public.
    Oh the humanity...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Jorts are in style in NY!!! As long as you fit in them, when people go cramming themselves in clothes that are too tight, no matter what style, then it's inappropriate. So go ahead and wear them, they sell them all over the place, how are they not in style, that's ridiculous!

Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it, who cares if jorts are not in style? I could NOT care less if anyone that sees me at Disney World thinks I don't know how to dress in style. And I don't care if they are not in style either. I don't know them; they don't know me. We're all on vacation; anything goes! (so long as it's not obscene, disgusting or gross. That's where I draw the line.)
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: