Quantcast Hall of Presidents to Re-Open in July - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hall of Presidents to Re-Open in July

HOP is one of my favorites and I can't wait to see it when it reopens with President Obama. I've never seen anyone boo or cheer the audios...just real lucky I guess...and this behavior is perplexing to me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams View Post
    The last time I was there (Sept. 08) it was calm and mild mannered. No outbursts.

However, I did boo Jack Sparrow at the new Pirates.
    Weeeellll.....I'd be careful about that. They do have cannons, after all....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I was not trying to make it political with my post. I was just making a funny like others with the ears thingy. He has a problem without the teleprompter. When he uses it he sounds perfect. Without it he sounds lost... Nothing political about it...

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they edited out or softened Obama's tea-kettle whistle that he tends to put at the end of words ending in 's'...

Even though, for historical reasons, the recording ought to be exactly as it was spoken (unmodified); on the other hand, that whistle is like a needle straight through my ear drums! I wonder which side Imagineering went with on this point: unadulterated historical document or modified for public consumption?

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited and proud to see this one!!! I'll be wearing my t-shirt into this exhibit, no words or cheering necessary, as eloquent as the man himself Can't say I haven't seen a couple of girls try to hop off the boats in PotC for Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter if you voted for him or not...respect the office.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

PS I'm sorry but I think it's juvenile to pick on physical traits of people, don't we teach our children not to do that? Sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I won't be back till late next year, I am really geeked about getting to see the new HoP. I'm so happy that he will be speaking. It just seems odd to me to not have the current president speak.

And hey, you big meanies! Leave his ears out of it!
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    We have never been here so I am wondering if all speak or just a few?
    All Presidents are introduced; however, as far as I can remember, only Washington, Lincoln, and the current President have speaking roles.

I always enjoy this attraction, but certainly do not appreciate people who boo / cheer during the show. It's great that guests applaud at the end of the show though - shows appreciation of the attraction.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Thsi is the first year Washington has spoken.
    we had lunch w/ an imagineer last december. and he was telling us the process of coming up w/ washington's voice, since there are no recordings of his voice...it was really interesting.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I am so excited and proud to see this one!!! I'll be wearing my t-shirt into this exhibit, no words or cheering necessary, as eloquent as the man himself
    Your Mickey Mouse shirt???
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a huge fan of Hall of Presidents, but I do respect and understand its significance. That said, I'm a little baffled that Disney continues to update this attraction instead of replacing it. It probably isn't cheap to operate an attraction with over 40 audio-animatronics on a daily basis, and I doubt it's a huge crowd draw. When I consider that Disney has cut back in so many ways, I feel like I must be missing important reasons as to why this attraction is still there and continues to receive updates more often than a lot of attractions that are big crowd draws. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to close it, as I think it needs to be there, but it doesn't make complete sense to me. Maybe it's a bigger crowd draw than I realize, or the fact that an official Presidential Seal resides in the building means it can't be closed without a major act of Congress. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    Hey I was not trying to make it political with my post. I was just making a funny like others with the ears thingy. He has a problem without the teleprompter. When he uses it he sounds perfect. Without it he sounds lost... Nothing political about it...
    Actually, I think this thread has stayed pretty non-political. Like I said, whether or not you respect a particular President, respect the office.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    PS I'm sorry but I think it's juvenile to pick on physical traits of people, don't we teach our children not to do that? Sad.
    I blame the 60's. But just to clarify, my earlier point was about an important Imagineering consideration regarding the president's audio recording (fair game in a forum about Rumours & Imagineering). Irregardless of whether there is a physical reason why he whistles his esses, I am curious to find out how the ProTools artists at WDI treated it. Did they clean it up or leave it as-is... Or, third possibility: maybe they wrote a script to avoid the kinds of words that exhibit the problem? Guess I'll find out in July!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Actually, I think this thread has stayed pretty non-political. Like I said, whether or not you respect a particular President, respect the office.

...and his ears.

Ok, that was totally uncalled for! I'm putting myself in time out!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how I voted as being relevant here, but I do look forward to seeing the updated HoP. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake this time! LOL
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default An all time fav

I personally hope they never do away with the exhibit. I have been going there since I was a little girl. Doing things like that is why to this day I love history.

Ransam--Can you tell us more about how they came up with Washington's voice?

PS: I agree with respecting the office. I have worked in politics since 85 and certainly have had my share of people that I don't agree with--but you have to show respect. Plain and simple.
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized that I have to go to WDW sometime within the next three years so that I can see Pres. Obama's AA. I think that I have visited HoP for every president since Ford.

Let me think for a second -
    Jun 76 - Ford
    Jun 80 - Carter
    Jun 85 - Reagan
    Jun 89 - G.H.W. Bush (I think that I remember being there, but I don't know if his AA would have been ready by then)
    Jun 97 - Clinton
    Sep 05 & Jan 07 - G.W. Bush
    Dec 08 - Closed due to election

Yep, that's all of them. I've got to see it now. DH doesn't want to go back for a while, but I'm aiming for 2011 or 2012. I don't know if I can make it before then.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to have to disagree with most of you regarding “respect the office” being the reason not to boo. Now, I think people should respect the office of President, but this is America, nobody has to. I know I've said a few disrespectful things about a few Presidents and I’m sure most people have. The reason people should not boo, or cheer, until the end of HoP is because it is being disrespectful to the other guests that wish to view the show without some idiot ruining it by being annoying. I would equate it with someone taking flash photos in a dark ride.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I don't see how I voted as being relevant here, but I do look forward to seeing the updated HoP. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake this time! LOL
    It's not. The reason voting was ever brought up was because of the unfortunate few morons that felt they should boo during the presentation. The first person and I who mentioned voting were saying that regardless of how you voted, regardless of what you feel about a particular president, be respectful during the show, and I added respect the office of the Presidency
    Originally post by Stu29573
    ...and his ears.

Ok, that was totally uncalled for! I'm putting myself in time out!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: