Quantcast Will Stitch be ready on time? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    SInce Stitch is my favorite character this hurts me the most. I am still holding out hope that it will be something cool, but seriously??? Stitch is a character that has so many possibilities and open ideas for rides, shows, etc, why do they insist on killing him with these sad ideas??!!!

Just do a real ride with Stitch and get it over with or a Turtle talk-style like the one in overseas. These sad attempts to cash in on the little publicity this little monster is worth is just pathetic and it makes people hate Stitch. That's not cool at all! Leave my little alien alone Disney, until you can do him justice.

D
    I also love Stitch! Next time I go to DWD I am going to get a new Stitch!

!(\ /) I AM CHANNY BUNNY
    (='.'=) LOVE ME!=D
    (")_(")

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Previews have started... Video on You Tube.. And just as I suspected.. EPIC FAILURE!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Previews have started... Video on You Tube.. And just as I suspected.. EPIC FAILURE!!!!
    Why does everybody need to bash every new thing that Disney creates these days?!

Enjoy them for what they are and not for what you want them to be. Please don't ruin them for the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided to wait until I actually see this in November to decide if I like it or not. As with anything else new there will be people who hate it and people who just like it and people who love it.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    As with anything else new there will be people who hate it and people who just like it and people who love it.
    You get no argument from me on that one.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see kids liking this. If it removes people from the lines and rides, I will like it to. Other than that, I am not liking this at all. I don't like the placement. I don't like the design. I don't like another Stitch attraction.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=DisneyNut2005;1882103]Why does everybody need to bash every new thing that Disney creates these days?!

Enjoy them for what they are and not for what you want them to be. Please don't ruin them for the rest of us.[/quote]

It is that thinking that gives Disney permission to give us less than spectacular attractions and experiences, liek Stitch's Great Escape, Stitch's Supersonic Celebration, a still not complete SSE, and a cut in half refurb of Space Mountain. Disney used to hold themselves to a higher standard than everyone else. Now, it seems the attitude is, eh the people who come here won't care, they will just accept what we give them.

I can give a load of examples, but that is for another day, time, and thread.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm that Stitch soft opened yesterday. If you like Stitch you'll enjoy the show. It was fun and I'm not a huge Stitch fan. It should be running regularly by Saturday.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Actually it had a soft opening happened a few days ago. I thought it was/is cute. Just remember it's nothing like the attraction that has Stitch in the title. They might have been worried that COP's pre-show would interfer with the new show. But I don't think they have anything to worry about from that attraction. It's just another addition for this years celebration. And I still think it's cute.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Spence has a good write-up and photos about the new Stitch show on his blog. Looks better than hoped.

- Aero
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Jack Spence has a good write-up and photos about the new Stitch show on his blog. Looks better than hoped.

- Aero
    Yea, if you like celebrating celebrations that celebrate celebrations. This show is in the wrong place for sure. And who wrote that script? Like I said, kids may like it, but other than that, this is not something I will ever care to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky me then eh? I'll get to see, okay hear the show at least 5 days a week.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the Youtube video of the show, and it didn't look like something that was worth stopping for. Sorry, but it looks kind of cheesy, and that's being nice. It has some cool things though, where they're using the Living Character Initiative (?) and Stitch is on-screen conversing with people in the audience.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Lucky me then eh? I'll get to see, okay hear the show at least 5 days a week.
    I feel bad for you.. I wouldn't wish this show on my worst enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I saw the Youtube video of the show, and it didn't look like something that was worth stopping for. Sorry, but it looks kind of cheesy, and that's being nice. It has some cool things though, where they're using the Living Character Initiative (?) and Stitch is on-screen conversing with people in the audience.
    Cheesy is being too nice...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

My friends, who live in Orlando, visited Magic Kingdom to check out this show... They sent me back pictures of the crowd.. 10 people, MAYBE, were sitting watching... He sent me pictures during the course of the day, and there were never more than 15 people watching this "show"... I know this is new, but, really, 15 people??? That's it??? I truly feel bad for the performers who are going to have to entertain in the sweltering heat, in front of no one, for a really bad show...

Post Thanks / Like

I heard some audio from the show and it sounded pretty bad and again it contradicts the story from the movie saying that Stitch's excile was self imposed. The interactive portion lasted all of about 3 minutes and I fast forwarded through most of the songs that certainly don't fit in Tomorrowland. My friend who saw the show said the screen was difficult to see with the angle of the sun. I also heard that very few people stopped to watch the show.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I heard some audio from the show and it sounded pretty bad and again it contradicts the story from the movie saying that Stitch's excile was self imposed. The interactive portion lasted all of about 3 minutes and I fast forwarded through most of the songs that certainly don't fit in Tomorrowland. My friend who saw the show said the screen was difficult to see with the angle of the sun. I also heard that very few people stopped to watch the show.
    I called it an epic failure, so far, I haven't been wrong... I kind of hope it does fail big time.. Maybe they will quickly remove that monstrosity... However, I think they will just change the script, and make it even worse... And please don't say I am judging this before seeing it... I watched the videos.. It isn't a good show at all... Not even mediocre to where I would give it a chance in person...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I called it an epic failure, so far, I haven't been wrong... I kind of hope it does fail big time.. Maybe they will quickly remove that monstrosity... However, I think they will just change the script, and make it even worse... And please don't say I am judging this before seeing it... I watched the videos..
    You judged it before seeing it. There.

Check the dates of your earliest posts poo-poohing this show and compare to dates of availability of the YouTube videos. You judged first, and then you experienced the show. Of course the extent of your "experiencing" the show was by way of still photos from a like-minded individual and... a YouTube video. Like most concerts, I bet a recording is not quite the same as seeing it live. I think you should have to see it live to make any further comment on the subject; of course, I only say that because I know that you would obviously hate it, and the sense of schadenfreude I would enjoy from the situation would be delicious!

I like Stitch because I am not ethnocentric.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's such an epic failure, then why was there a nice size crowd experiencing the new stage show. I've had guests asking about the new show also. The music to be fair is actually in accord with the land. Think about what a lot of people say about Tomorrowland, and also remember to wait and see it in person before jumping to conclusions about it. Stitch is actually starting to sound more like well Stitch.
    Watching vidios doesn't equal the experience to actually seeing it in person.
    Have a magical day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    If it's such an epic failure, then why was there a nice size crowd experiencing the new stage show. I've had guests asking about the new show also. The music to be fair is actually in accord with the land. Think about what a lot of people say about Tomorrowland, and also remember to wait and see it in person before jumping to conclusions about it. Stitch is actually starting to sound more like well Stitch.
    Watching vidios doesn't equal the experience to actually seeing it in person.
    Have a magical day
    I am with Dizneyfreak. Any picture or video I saw there has not been a decent sized crowd, unless 10 people is what is now considered decent sized. You can actually tell a lot from video. You get to hear the music, hear the script, watch them dancing. My opinion: the script is terrible. The dancing isn't anything new. The music, well, eh. Not my style of music, but, you can't exactly dance to what I listen to, so I won't judge that. However, I don't think this show is anything special.

By the way, how many people determined this show will be cute BEFORE seeing a video of it? Because they don't knock Disney, it is OK? Please, call them out too, not just those who think this show is a failure.

I'll be there in a few weeks. I may stop to check it out. I'll let you all know once I see it in person. But beware, I do not see things in Disney through Pixie dusted glasses like a lot of fans online do.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: