Quantcast WHY you don't like a particular restaurant? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood & Vine - YUK....The food was not hot, nor was it any good. I found the place to seem dirty and we had a very sub par waitress. There isn't much to do for a waitress there, except fill glasses, but she was never around for that.

Sci Fi - UGH! My daughter's steak was so tough, she couldn't cut it. We sent it back only to get another one just like it. The lady across from us had the same problem. It was just awful.

Pizza Panet - BLAH! I have never eaten a pizza like that. Was it really pizza?

CAN THEY PLEASE COME UP WITH A DECENT PLACE TO EAT AT THE STUDIOS?

Whispering Canyon - Not impressed with the food, but even more not impressed with the waitress. Others seemed to be having fun, and I felt bad for my kids because we had Mrs. Crabtree for a waitress. BORING...I guess if the food had been wonderful, it could have compensated for her actions, but that didn't cut it either.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We tried Shutters at the CBR twice and just didn't like it.The service wasn't bad and the atmosphere was O.K.,we just didn't think that the food was very good for what we paid.I really wanted to like this place but after two times,we're through.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Our "never agains" are:

Captain Jacks: food was cold (sent back twice), they forgot DS's meal (after being reminded twice), no drink refills, my dessert-lava cake-had no lava!

Nine Dragons: was told chicken dish was all white meat, it wasn't. Mostly dark meat, so fatty and greasy. Really gross.

ESPN: the food was ok but the service was absolutely terrible. Slow, rude, got the orders wrong and the place was empty. And could the tables BE any smaller???

San Angel: food was nothing great, very bland and minimal in portions but the view, atmosphere and service were good. But I'd save the $$ and go to the CS Cantina instead.

Tonys: food was horrible. Tasted like over seasoned Swanson's frozen dinner.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

The Sci Fi's steak bluck and half the frys got in the steak.

Post Thanks / Like

Yakitori! yak is right.

50s Primetime-claimed they called our name 40 min earlier, no way!! Also have had some unenthusiastic servers.

Pop food court. Had chicken strips and they were .

Epcot fish and chips-had to eat them in the pitch dark since Liberty Inn didn't have what I wanted.

Pizza Planet-ridiculously long line for a mediocre pizza that we ate outside in the rain.

ABC-commisary-ice cold breakfast.

Catalina Eddie's-low flying birds!!
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    Cinderella's Royal Table. Horrible food that is way over priced.
    Yes, I agree. You're definitely paying for the atmosphere there.

Post Thanks / Like

The Maya Grill at CSR- our food was overpriced even by WDW standards and super bland...the kitchen santiation was poor...watched a girl drop a blue kitchen glove on the gross floor pick it back up, put it on, and return to food prep.

Sci-Fi - great movies, not so great food....thou still a fun place to go for a shake and some cool down timeon a hot summer day
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sci-Fi!

The atmosphere was fun but the food was absolutely terrible. I've had TV dinners that were much better. The food also wasn't hot. It came out just a little warmer than room temp. The only good thing - the shakes! They were delicious.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I have two:

Le Cellier - did not meet my expectations at all. The food was good (not as great as others have experienced but still good) but the waitress couldn't wait to get us out of there - she poured our wine with our salads, brought our entrees less than 5 minutes later, gave us about two minutes before asking for dessert.

Rose and Crown - again, decent food but our service was poor.

It is funny how our experiences differ, isn't it? I really like Sci-Fi - atmosphere, food and have always had great service.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commissary...bleck!
    Pop Food Court...double bleck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irish1967 View Post
    It is funny how our experiences differ, isn't it? I really like Sci-Fi - atmosphere, food and have always had great service.
    It is funny! We love Sci Fi as well. I think it's because we try to order things that are less complicated (i.e. no steak!). But unlike you, we loved Le Cellier.

Our 'never agains' are:

1) Cinderella's Table. Our service was fine the one time we went (back in 2005), and the food was even good (I think). We just felt it was overpriced and not something we would need to do again.

2) Artist Point. This is a tough one, actually. We ate our first dinner there on our honeymoon, and had our anniversary dinner there last year. The service from the waiter was good, but they 'forgot' it was our anniversary (even though my husband confirmed it mere minutes before our dinner and we were one of the few couples dining), and they forgot to print out our special menus. The food was ok, but not as spectacular as it should have been with all the hype. In the end, we decided we would rather go back to the California Grill for our 'fancy dinner' next trip.

3) Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

The one restaurant we would NEVER consider trying again is Garden Grill. We hated the seating. We are a family of 6 and it was nearly impossible to speak to anyone at the other side of the table. The food was mediocure at best. The service was outrageously slow. We were there for 2 hours, which in my opinion is completely unacceptable for a character meal with children (my youngest was 4 at the time). It was my son's 8'th birthday, when it was finally time for dessert they brought him a cupcake to decorate along with a signed card. They brought 3 of these, but I have 4 children. Of course they all wanted this! I had to ask for them to bring one more, so all of the kids had one. I had to ask two more times before they actually brought it out. My husband and I were very frustrated by the time we left, though I think my kids did enjoy it and the characters did keep them busy. I think we saw all of them 3 times! We would never consider returning to this restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like

Portabello (sp) Yacht Club is the only restaurant DH and I have truly disliked. We did not like the atmosphere (too rushed and too overwhelming), we did not like the food (the veal was disgusting and the pasta was so-so), and we didn't like the service (again, too rushed and they were just too busy to provide great service). This is the only Disney restaurant we won't consider going to again.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and Noodle Terrace in MK --- seriously why do people still eat there??
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger&Stitch View Post
    Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.
    Yes it was horrible. The pizza was just sad (really, it even looked depressed) it was very VERY loud and too many sugar induced coma kids running around insanely while their parents ignored them and let them climb over everything including other guests tables. Gross. OH, and to top it all off, no Stitch! He never made it. That was the only place/meal I have ever really regretted in WDW. Oh well, we made up for it with a one on one with Stitch and Lilo in Animal Kingdom, so no worries!

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    Chef Mickey's. Unless you have kids, you will all but be ignored by the characters.

We ate there for DH's birthday and there was alot of character interaction. I got up to take a picture and Minnie sat in my seat and pretended to eat my food. We had a ball.
    Worst meal ever was at Rose & Crown but we also had the best meal ever at the same time. Mine was inedible and Dh's was fantastic. Thank God he can't eat alot and we shared his. They took my meal off the check. Service is good and the meals usually are too so we still go back.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how opinions vary, isn't it?

I'll begin by saying that we haven't tried all the restaurants at WDW. We tend to stick with the ones we like. I've never had a bad food experience, but here are my very minor gripes:

Sci-Fi Drive-In-- much of the food here doesn't fit the atmosphere, except for the wonderful milkshakes. It just seems odd to me that a restaurant themed in this way offers shrimp pasta and steaks. They should stick to hamburgers, hot dogs, good nachos, various "melt" sandwiches, and french fries. And maybe ribs and chicken fingers.

San Angel Inn--the food here is classic Mexican, and I think I'm more accustomed to Tex-Mex. It isn't bad food, it's just not what my mouth is set for. Plus, as some have already noted, the danged tables are too close together!

Cindy's Royal Table--excellent atmosphere, but too expensive. We haven't eaten here during our past two trips, because our DDs are too old to be "wowed" by the castle experience.
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commissary.....
    Planet Hollywood, ridiculously overpriced for what we got
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boojum View Post
    Funny how opinions vary, isn't it?

I'll begin by saying that we haven't tried all the restaurants at WDW. We tend to stick with the ones we like. I've never had a bad food experience, but here are my very minor gripes:

Sci-Fi Drive-In-- much of the food here doesn't fit the atmosphere, except for the wonderful milkshakes. It just seems odd to me that a restaurant themed in this way offers shrimp pasta and steaks. They should stick to hamburgers, hot dogs, good nachos, various "melt" sandwiches, and french fries. And maybe ribs and chicken fingers.
    That's a great idea!
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger&Stitch View Post
    3) Pizza Planet. Well, just horrible horrible pizza. We only went there because I had read that Stitch frequents the place, and he is my husband's favorite character.
    He does?
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media: