Quantcast Scooters

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Scooters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scooters

My BFF husband has a real bad back and walking alot makes it really painful for him to get around and seeing that we will be there for a week she thought that renting one of those motorized scooters (I think that is what they are called) would help him out alot. He has a handicap plaque and everything so this is not a case of someone that does not need some help. I was wondering if anyone knew how much they were and where you would get them from in the parks.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mom needed one a few years back and if I remember correctly you can rent them at the front of the parks where you pick up strollers. It seems like they have a daily rate or weekly rate. Here is the intercot link to info http://intercot.com/infocentral/spec...ds/default.asp. I wish we would have rented one from an outside company though because the walk from the parks to the buses and buses to hotel room and back was a killer for her. I understand that these places will deliver them right to your hotel and pick them up on the day you leave. I am sure someone will come along who knows better. Good luck and have a great trip!!
    Last edited by g8rgirl29; 03-30-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: add Intercot link
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Another item to consider regarding renting one at the parks or from a private vendor...especially during busy times...all of the scooters get rented and there aren't any available. You can't reserve them in advance and last time I was there, you can't rent them for the week from Disney...just daily. If you park hop, they will sometimes call ahead to the park you are going to and ask them to "hold" one for you.

Although it's a pain for getting from location to location (loading on buses and boats, etc). if you rent one from a private scooter rental you know you have one for the duration of the trip.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We rent a scooter (ECV) from outside WDW. It's much more convenient to have your own scooter than to have to go through the hassle of renting one daily at the park gates. It's not that big of a hassle to use the busses, boats with it. The drivers are all well-trained and they will assist you where necessary. Plus, if you travel outside of the parks (i.e., DTD) it's much easier for the individual who has the mobility issue. Cost for a basic scooter generally runs between $25-30 per day. Google ECVs Orlando and you'll find a number of firms that rent them. Plus, they deliver it right to your resort and when you're finished with it at the end of your stay you just leave it with the outside bell desk and the vendor picks it up the next AM.
    10/2007 YC (IF&WF)
    12/2008 YC (Christmas)
    11/2009 YC (50th Wedding Anniv)
    10/2010 YC (Wine, glorious wine!)
    10/2011 YC (Wine, more glorious wine!)
    11/2012 YC (And yet, more glorious wine!)
    05/2013 YC (Flower & Garden, wine too!)
    11/2014 YC (55th Wedding Anniv family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We use an outside company for my DW, she has knee problems from an accident. It is much cheaper per day but we also use our SUV while there so I just put it in the back and park in the handicapp parking.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

We use an outside company and rent two of them every trip. I don't know where you are staying but sometimes the longest distance is from the resort to the bus or from the bus to the park entrance.
    You also need to consider if you rent at the park when park hopping that the park you are going to may not have any left to rent.
    We love having them there to use at any time.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely rent from one of the off-site places! We did that a couple of years ago when we took my DSister who has a nerve problem in her one leg. It was the first time we had to deal with a disability and the rental people made it a breeze! They dropped it off at Pop and it was at the bell desk when we arrived and we left it there at the end of the trip and they picked it up the next day. It really helped her tremendously!

I would also second the idea that the longest walks are from the bus stops to the front of the parks so renting one off-site is much nicer since you can ride them out to the buses and back to your door! My sister would have never made it if she had to walk from the room to the bus and from the bus to the entrance and back each day and we would have been INCREDIBLY frustrated if they were out of them when we got there!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small Go Go Elite, and bring it with me on the plane. That airport is a LONG walk, and when I get off the plane it's waiting for me.

Crunch the numbers for a minute. My scooter was $800 online, and was shipped free with no tax. For those of us with chronic mobility issues, it's a good investment. You'll know your ride, and will be able to negotiate the parks and busses so much better. Three trips to Disney will pay for your ECV.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

i highly recommend using one of the off site companies...
    you can have them delivered directly to your hotel...it's just as cheap, if not cheaper than getting one at the park.
    and since you can take it w/ you anywhere at the park, and downtown disney, hotels...they ar great for those that need one.
    I recommend
    randy's mobility...
    walker Mobility.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: