Quantcast I Got In! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Got In!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I've stayed at Patterson. I didn't like it that much. The apartments are smaller, and the buses don't stop at Patterson (so you have to walk to Chatham to catch a bus). The walk itself isn't that bad. But it's a pain late at night, in the rain, or after shopping.
    I will have my car so the fact that the busses don't stop there doesn't bother me.

If they are smaller... are they cheaper? Also, how thick are the matresses? I'm looking into getting a memory foam mattress topper and wondered about the sheets fitting.

Also, what all should I bring? Ive seen Disney's list, but it doesn't seem like a very chomprehensive one. I've never lived on my own so this is all new territory!
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iDisney View Post
    I will have my car so the fact that the busses don't stop there doesn't bother me.

If they are smaller... are they cheaper? Also, how thick are the matresses? I'm looking into getting a memory foam mattress topper and wondered about the sheets fitting.

Also, what all should I bring? Ive seen Disney's list, but it doesn't seem like a very chomprehensive one. I've never lived on my own so this is all new territory!
    No. In fact, last semester Patterson was the most expensive of the 3. As for the mattresses, they are really hard. So I recommend bringing a mattress pad.

A lot of stuff is included in the apartment. Some stuff to bring includes:
    *a router
    *warm-weather clothes
    *a tv (if you use one- they aren't included)
    *any special kitchen items (like a coffee machine, toaster, ect)
    *calendar
    *a good alarm clock
    *a dry-erase board (this is great for writing messages, and everyone's schedules)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

No. In fact, last semester Patterson was the most expensive of the 3. As for the mattresses, they are really hard. So I recommend bringing a mattress pad.
    I figured they were the most expensive as they were the newest. How thick of a mattress topper do you think would fit a set of sheets? The deepest pockets I have been able to find are 15 inches, but I would like a good inch or two of memory foam as a topper. Are the mattresses fairly thin?

A lot of stuff is included in the apartment. Some stuff to bring includes:
    *a router
    *warm-weather clothes
    *a tv (if you use one- they aren't included)
    *any special kitchen items (like a coffee machine, toaster, ect)
    *calendar
    *a good alarm clock
    *a dry-erase board (this is great for writing messages, and everyone's schedules)
    *Router: Check.
    *Clothes: Check.
    *TV: Check (Are there cable jacks in the bedrooms? The TV I have is a decent bedroom one, but would be too small to put in the main living room.
    *Kitchen items: semi-check. I have a coffee maker that I have never used and a toaster oven. I'll have to pick up an actual toaster. Is it better to wait until I arrive for this kind of stuff in case another roommate has one? I would assume so.
    *Alarm Clock: Check.
    *Dry-Erase Board: I need to get one of these. And maybe a cork-board as well. Can you use nails to hang things?
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    Congratulations
    Thanks!

Is it bad that I'm still around 130 days out and I'm already shopping for things I'll need? I'm not excited or anything!
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! You guys will have to let us know where you are placed - we will be there from Aug 16th-Aug22nd and would love to give you encouragement!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iDisney View Post
    Is it bad that I'm still around 130 days out and I'm already shopping for things I'll need? I'm not excited or anything!
    Not at all! I've started making out my lists as well.

I can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    Congratulations! You guys will have to let us know where you are placed - we will be there from Aug 16th-Aug22nd and would love to give you encouragement!!
    Of course! I will definitely let everyone know.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LandFan View Post
    I will definitely do that!
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you all which park you'll be working in? I work in the Magic Kingdom, and wouldn't trade what I do now for what I did before I left NJ for Fl.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Do you all which park you'll be working in? I work in the Magic Kingdom, and wouldn't trade what I do now for what I did before I left NJ for Fl.
    CPs don't find out until Day 2 in FL. But I am hoping for the MK myself.
    Cruises:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: