Quantcast Snow White

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow White

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow White

Any news on the Snow White ride. I know when the new planning DVD came out their was a lot of talk about space mountain and Snow White going down for rehab because they are not on the map. Well we know about space mountain but what about Snow White?
    Feb 85 Tree Houses
    May 90 Senior Trip
    Sept 96 Caribbean Beach(Honeymoon)
    Nov 00 Off Grounds
    Nov 06 All Star Movie
    Nov 07 Port Orleans Riverside
    June 08 Off Grounds
    Nov 08 Port Orleans Riverside
    April 09 Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well ... I actually heard a rumor that Snow White was actually going to closed permanently to be replaced by a new Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

Supposedly, that plan was scrapped due to costs amid the economic downturn, though.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well ... I actually heard a rumor that Snow White was actually going to closed permanently to be replaced by a new Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

Supposedly, that plan was scrapped due to costs amid the economic downturn, though.
    Oh, I love Beauty and the Beast, that would have been exciting.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh! That would be so cool!! I love Beauty and the Beast! I hope they make it eventually!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Snow White wasn't on the map that came with the planning DVD the last go-around either. I found it odd.
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

Post Thanks / Like

I think another dark ride would be great but I think Snow White is a classic ride and I would had to see it replaced.
    Feb 85 Tree Houses
    May 90 Senior Trip
    Sept 96 Caribbean Beach(Honeymoon)
    Nov 00 Off Grounds
    Nov 06 All Star Movie
    Nov 07 Port Orleans Riverside
    June 08 Off Grounds
    Nov 08 Port Orleans Riverside
    April 09 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Actually, I think you would have been happy overall with the changes. Allegedly, they were going to add the Little Mermaid dark ride that's going in to DCA in place of the Little Mermaid content they have now and Pooh's Playful Spot (construction was rumored to be so significant that it was going to require moving the Dumbo ride!).

That was in addition to the replacement of Snow White by Beauty and the Beast. I like Snow White for its classic status, but I've never been that big a fan of it particularly. It's sort of low-tech, tells the story out of sequence, and overall isn't nearly as good as the DL version.

Personally, I'm always in favor of new dark rides. They don't do nearly enough of them these days.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Along with the closing of Snow White rumor, I heard they were going to add a mine cart ride themed to the Seven Dwarfs, close down Snow White and add Beauty and the Beast... Move Dumbo and build Little Mermaid... Nothing is happening though...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Right, I forgot that part ... after closing the Snow White dark ride they were supposed to build a new Snow White Mine Cart coaster that (I guess) would have kind of been like Goofy's Barnstormer.

Word is all these new rides are on hold indefinitely while they want and see how this economic situation plays out.

I'm also not 100% that A. any of these rumors are accurate and B. that, even if they were accurate, any of these projects had been greenlit even before the economic downturn.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I still do enjoy Snow White's Scary Adventure... But, if it were to be replaced with Beauty and the Beast, I wouldn't mind.. However, I would mind if the mine car coaster was themed like Barnstormer...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The Little Mermaid project was a go last time I heard since they are actually building 2 when they work on nthe DCA version it's suppose to be in place for the 40th Anniversary of WDW.Although this information was before the economic crisis so who knows now Of course IMHO this is the time Disney should be building since it would help stimulate the construction sector of the economy
    ( I'm sure they would get a good deal on contracts with companies desperate for work) and put themselves in prime position to get more guests when the economy recovers.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The Little Mermaid project was a go last time I heard since they are actually building 2 when they work on nthe DCA version it's suppose to be in place for the 40th Anniversary of WDW.Although this information was before the economic crisis so who knows now Of course IMHO this is the time Disney should be building since it would help stimulate the construction sector of the economy
    ( I'm sure they would get a good deal on contracts with companies desperate for work) and put themselves in prime position to get more guests when the economy recovers.
    I am hearing all projects, unless otherwise already greenlit, are put on hold in WDW. That includes Little Mermaid. Disney management doesn't think long term. They think short term, which is why we are in the mess we are in now. The companies that went belly up and are now on the border of collapse thought short term gains over long term profitability. And Disney is thinking the same way. Not that I think they will collapse, but, that kind of thinking will cause their parks to get stale, causing a drop in attendance, allowing attendance to go up at their rivals. Yes, I am talking Universal and SeaWorld who seem to be taking huge steps in improving their products, while Disney sleeps on their name only.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard from a very reliable source that they are still building 2 of everything when the start work on the DCA version.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I heard from a very reliable source that they are still building 2 of everything when the start work on the DCA version.
    Not sure I buy that, but, I wouldn't doubt it either, since the two parks are basically getting combined under one grouping. However, I still an weary about the current management team in Orlando allowing ANYTHING Disneyland gets into WDW. Better yet, I can't imagine TDO allowing anything MAJOR into WDW without cutting back a ton in order to reduce cost and increase profit margins.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I love Beauty And The Beast! It's was one of my favorite's when I was younger. I hope they decide to go through with making it into a ride at wdw!

Post Thanks / Like

I am all for making a beauty and the beast ride. But, to close Snow White? I would be so crushed. I know it's cheesy, but I still ride it. Can't they add something without taking something else away?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they will replace the ending with the horribly abrupt DL version.
    It's fun to be free.

Post Thanks / Like

If they did this they might as well revamp Fantasyland entirely while they're at it. I love the facades at Disneyland, by comparison the setup at Magic Kingdom looks kind of dated. But overall this kind of expansion wouldn't be nearly as expensive as, say, Expedition Everest. I could see this happening sooner than a major new attraction along the same lines as EE.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    If they did this they might as well revamp Fantasyland entirely while they're at it. I love the facades at Disneyland, by comparison the setup at Magic Kingdom looks kind of dated. But overall this kind of expansion wouldn't be nearly as expensive as, say, Expedition Everest. I could see this happening sooner than a major new attraction along the same lines as EE.
    Funny you say that. A refurbishment of Fantasyland was on the table. However, like all other WDW projects, this is now off the table. Not sure how far along they really were with this however. And I am not sure if this is a project that will be approved as soon as the economy turns around.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We've never been fans of the Snow White ride (scared my sister to death when she was younger) and I love Beauty and the Beast so I'm all for the change! I think anything replacing Pooh's Playful Spot would be an improvement and I like the Little Mermaid too! I hope these eventually happen.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: