Quantcast What shoes to wear?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What shoes to wear?

I'm going to Disney World at the end of June and am wondering what kind of shoes to wear? I'd like to wear sandals, but with all the walking, I want to be comfortable! I was considering some Teva flipflops, but I don't want to have to worry about taking them off on rides.... ew! What do people wear?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to wear broken-in Adidas running shoes/sneakers at WDW, but for the past few years I have been wearing Crocs almost exclusively. I find them to be very comfortable, and my feet are much less sore and tired after those long WDW days!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

The girls in our family have always worn flip flops. Last year we purchase the Rainbow flip flops that form to feet, which are extremely comfortable. We have never had to take our shoes off for any ride, even wearing flips flops. If you are worried about that though I would try to find a comfortable pair of flat sandals that are secure. If you wear them for a few weeks in advance you should break them in pretty well. Old Navy has a good selection of sandals. Good luck!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer sneakers. Sandals and Flip flops give me bad blisters. I was at disney 2 weeks ago and was fine wearing sneakers. Have a good trip
    Here we go feel the flow its the universe of energy.

One little spark imagination, its how our minds create creation. Right at the start of everyting that's new one little spark light up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I SWEAR by Keen hiking shoes and moisture wicking socks. Yes, it sounds hot, but it really isn't, and my feet didn't blister even after 8 straight days going hard at Disney World. Trust me - best $80 I ever spent.

It also helps to start walking up to a couple of miles every other day, both to break in the shoes and to break in your feet!! But I think most Intercot folks know that anyway......
    Bretski

July 1990 - Offsite
    February 1992 - Offsite
    February 1996 - Offsite
    August 2004 - AKL & Disney Wonder
    December 2006 - CBR
    August 2009 - Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is Keen sandals. Very comfortable and they can get wet on the water rides and the water parks. I wore Crocs once. I did find them comfortable until I tried Keen. Keens have better support.
    Disneyland many trips as a child
    Disney World 83 & 91
    Disneyland 94, 96, 99, 02, 03, 05
    Disneyland Grand Californian 2000 Holiday time
    Disney World Nov 06
    Disneyland 07 Holiday time
    Disneyland 08 June and Holiday time
    Disney World June 09
    Disneyland 09 Holiday time
    Disneyland 2010 June

Post Thanks / Like

Croc flip flops or tennis shoes. I always used to wear tennis shoes but now I prefer the croc flip flops. Very comfortable.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs Crocs and more Crocs

Post Thanks / Like

That time of year, there's nothinng better than a comfortable, fast drying supportive sandal. I wear Tevas.

a. It's HOT HOT HOT! You want your feet to breathe as keeping your feet cool will help with the rest of your body.
    b. It rains like the dickens, you want something that will dry fast. Sneakers etc become wet ankle weights in the summer. They also end up stinking! Yes, I have been known to bring sneakers, but I bring them knowing I will leave them behind.
    c. There's a lot of walking, they need to be comfortable and supportive. If I can walk it, I do, which means no trams, busses, boats, etc when possible. I'm also the one that runs across the parks to get fastpasses.

Post Thanks / Like

I wore Crocs for the first time to WDW last September and they are sooooooooo comfortable. I switched off with North Face flip flops which are also very comfortable. Sorry but it was just too hot for socks and gym shoes.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Crocs are my shoes of choice! On my last trip, I took my running shoes and my wind river sandals, but by the middle of the trip, I was back to my crocs every day
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

People wear a little of everything, from sneakers and Crocs to flip-flops and sandals and even high-heels and boots. Wear what you feel most comfortable in. For my trip last week, I was having trouble with my feet swelling (a side effect of all the Ibuprofen I take for plantar fascitis) so I wore my crocs everyday. In the summer, I usually opt for my flip-flops and I've never taken them off on a ride, even Soarin where they tell you to take them off. I like to take several different pairs of shoes to give my feet a break from being in the same shoes each day and to have a back-up in case I have a problem with one pair.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Crocs - specifically the Cleo. I have them in various colors. For several trips now this is all I wear. They allow feet to breath and dry quickly. IMO, Two important factors in the summer.

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Flip-Flops. DH perfers sandals
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a sneaker girl. No matter the season, when there is a lot of walking to be done, those are the best (IMHO).
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Flip flops for me.

Post Thanks / Like

When we went last year at the end of August it was SUPER hot! DD and I started out wearing our sneakers and socks and by the second day, we switched to our flip flops and breathed a bigh sigh of relief.

I guess our feet are not used to sneakers in the summer...we are both big flip flop wearers. Although, I know that they are not good to wear for long periods of walking, so I am looking into a comfortable pair of walking sandals for me and dd7.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Crocs!
    I started my last trip in tennis shoes and after 1 day I was at the kiosk buying Crocs. Not so attractive, but very comfortable!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with the crocs. I never wear them anywhere else but Disney - and i admit that I made fun of them prior to wearing them but I take everything bad I said about them back - they are sooooooooo comfortable - they stay dry, do not chaf and your feet and calves do not get sore. They are the miracle shoe
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

We all wear good sneakers and good socks. It makes all the difference in the world with so much standing and walking.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media: