Quantcast Disney Movie Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Movie Club

Has anyone here joined the Disney Movie Club? The offer seems to good to be true (and usually, it is). I'm just wondering if anyone has joined and what you're experience has been with it. And is it as easy as they say it is to cancel (once your obligated purchases have been made of course)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there..... I have my likes and dislikes about it. First the have older movies that my husband loves...so we have been able to get some of those. However...when you go to buy your dvd's to met you obligation...only the dvd that you buy at regular price counts towards that. Any dvd that you buy in the same order that is dicounted does not. I found this out a year after i joined.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We've been members twice now. We had no problems canceling the first time we were members. We're currently members right now.

With your initial movies and the remainder of your commitment (assuming you get the two extra movies when you sign up), it works out to about $10 per movie when you add it all up.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. I think I'll give it a try. I was really happy that they have a new offer where if you use the Disney Visa, your first 5 DVDs are only .20¢ a piece. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a member and I really like it. I have a word of warning though. Be sure you return the card or call or cancel the feature offer online. I've gotten a couple of not-so-wanted movies by forgetting. And the feature film plus S&H is pricey!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

We joined about six months before our last WDW trip to update our Disney movie library to get our younger children excited for the trip. It worked out to be an allright deal, the original deal offsets the higher price and S&H of the remaining movies to fufill your commitment. Once you fufill your commitment they have some good deals occassionally 40- 60% off sales, sometimes free S&H, etc... I like finding the older movies I remember from my youth and sharing them with our children.

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    I'm a member and I really like it. I have a word of warning though. Be sure you return the card or call or cancel the feature offer online. I've gotten a couple of not-so-wanted movies by forgetting. And the feature film plus S&H is pricey!
    IloveJack,

If you receive a movie because you forgot to send in the mailing or respond online then send it back. I have had this happen on a couple of occassions. Don't open it, cross out your name & asdress on the envelope with a sharpie and write return to sender on it and put it in the mail. The postal service will return it free of charge and DMC will refund your account.
    Feb '19 Aulani
    Aug '18 Pop Century
    Feb '18 Disneyland
    Dec '16 Yacht & Beach Club
    Oct '13 Carribbean Beach
    Dec '10 AK Kidani Village
    Dec '09 Port Orleans FQ
    Dec '08 Polynesian
    Dec '05 Pop Century

Dec '02 AS Sports
    '73- '92 numerous off site

'71 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad About Mickey View Post
    If you receive a movie because you forgot to send in the mailing or respond online then send it back. I have had this happen on a couple of occassions. Don't open it, cross out your name & asdress on the envelope with a sharpie and write return to sender on it and put it in the mail. The postal service will return it free of charge and DMC will refund your account.
    Thank you! I've received a couple of them, but opened it. I think "Tinkerbelle" is on its way now, so I'll do this. I've got just about every movie I want, so I'm thinking about cancelling our membership.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question...

I used to be a member of Columbia House CD club (back before iPods). I learned a trick, that I didn't think was illegal because it was offered by them. I would get the 13 CDs for a penny, fullfill my membership, then cancel it. A few months later, they would call me to become a member again, offering the 13 CDs for a penny again. I did this a few times and really built up my collection. Anyone ever tried it with DMC?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: