Quantcast What is Ohana really like? What did you think of it? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have eaten at Ohana on several different occassions for dinner and really enjoyed it. We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and watching the kids interact with the entertainment. Being 2 adults without kids on this trip, didn't make us feel out-of-place. Plus, the view was wonderful. We did eat breakfast there one time, but we did not enjoy it.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed Ohana's - my husband especially. I understand the menu has changed quite a bit since we've been there last which is disappointing because it use to be great. if you have meat and seafood lovers in your group everyone should be pretty happy with what is offered. I make their chicken wing recipe and their salad dressing all the time to use at the house - that is how much we like it. We also do the pineapple w/warm carmel sauce at home to - I understand they no longer serve this

We like to go to Ohana's on a night that MK will have fireworks - we like to make it early and then hang out at the beach of the polynesian and watch the fireworks from there and then we stay and watch the Electric Water Pagent. Ohana's is a great place to go for the first night in Disney.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

I could take it or leave it. The one time I went, I was not that impressed with the service (almost a hour wait time past our ADR's even though we showed up 10 minutes early). The meat was flavorless. The atmosphere was way to loud. DOnt get a seat along the racetrack!

If you want to gorge yourself, It would be a good choice, though.

Post Thanks / Like

We really liked Ohana and would do it again (we also use DDP and limited choices to make...but Ohana makes the list for our upcoming trip.) DH loved it - definitely his favorite for food. We have three kids (10, 8, 5) who also liked the food and the fun.

I am a vegetarian - so the regular menu is not so appealing. However, we asked our server if any special requests (meatless) could be made and he actually spoke with the chef. The chef came to our table and discussed what I could eat. He made something wonderful (including special eggless dessert) that was SO GREAT!

So, of course, we highly recommend Ohana.
    Faith! Trust! And Pixie Dust!

POR 2008
    Offsite 2007
    CBR 1996

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never done dinner but the breakfast was great, reading this makes me want to eat dinner there now instead of breakfast though.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

if you are going to ohana for supper,bring a hungry stomach and be prepared for tons of meat!
    they start off with a salad with a honey lime vinagrette,it was awesome! then they bring dumplings and chicken wings,the chicken wings are awesome also,then they bring asian noodles and 3 sauces,a sweet and sour,churry and peanut sauce for the huge skewers of meat that are about to come to your table fresh off the fire pit,there are shrimp,turkey,steak and porc, the turkey was so awesome!
    to top it off they bring a banana bread pudding,vanilla ice cream(the real thing,you can see the vanilla beans!) and a caramel sauce. be prepared to be stuffed!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed Ohana's - my husband especially. I understand the menu has changed quite a bit since we've been there last which is disappointing because it use to be great. if you have meat and seafood lovers in your group everyone should be pretty happy with what is offered. I make their chicken wing recipe and their salad dressing all the time to use at the house - that is how much we like it. We also do the pineapple w/warm carmel sauce at home to - I understand they no longer serve this
    they still had the caramel sauce last week when i was there!
    i would love to get those recipes if you would share them.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana is a can't miss for our family. First off, the Polynesian is a beautiful resort. Of all the restaurants we went to in WDW this one has been by far the best value for what you get. I don't just mean food, I mean overall experience. This includes theming, atmosphere, view, food, entertainment and service. The entertainment is mostly for kids but we enjoyed watching and listening even without taking part in activities. The other thing we like to do after a later dinner is go outside and sit on the beach and watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and the electric water parade. It is a whole different experience in viewing the fireworks from this view than from in the park. Both are amazing!
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Our family has eaten at Ohana many times in the past few years. Like any restaurant it seems to have good and bad days and often that is a result of your server. We celebrated our DS's 16 and 18th birthdays there and they are still 2 of the best "celebrations" we have had at WDW. On another occasion we celebrated my DH's parents 50th wedding anniversary there and it ranks as one of the poorest visits - our server was terrible. We had the whole family there this past March and enjoyed another good meal. We do enjoy the food, and if you have a server who is even 75% on the job things go fine.
    On our last visit the family of 6 beside us had had a terrible time tracking down their server (we had a different one). They did get served, somewhat, and eventually paid and left without receiving the final food items they had asked for. They did not leave a tip - which to us seemed fitting - however when table was being cleaned the server came along looking for a tip on the table and was most upset when there was none. He talked freely to the other staff about the "cheap" group at the table and was most unpleasant. All other tables around heard him - did not make for a nice experience.
    Having said all of the above we will do Ohana again - but it is not the first ADR we make.
    What is the first ADR we make...Cape May.

Natazu Guest

I like 'Ohana. Truth is though, it's not the most relaxing place, the service is spotty and they tend to overcook the shrimp. But, there are a couple of things they serve that keep me coming back and that's saying a lot since we rarely fill a dinner slot with a non-signature restaurant (wow, that sounded snooty, huh?). I could eat 'Ohana's pot stickers, grilled turkey, and Honey Coriander Chicken Wings every day, and that salad dressing should come in pocket size so I can carry it everywhere. You get a lot for your money at this place. Oh, yeah, one final word: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding.

Post Thanks / Like

Dinner at O'Hana is a must for us on every trip. We love the atmosphere and really enjoy the food. Be careful not to eat too much to early on in the meal or you won't have enough room for the meat or the dessert! We've always been pleased with the food & service.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    I like 'Ohana. Truth is though, it's not the most relaxing place, the service is spotty and they tend to overcook the shrimp. But, there are a couple of things they serve that keep me coming back and that's saying a lot since we rarely fill a dinner slot with a non-signature restaurant (wow, that sounded snooty, huh?). I could eat 'Ohana's pot stickers, grilled turkey, and Honey Coriander Chicken Wings every day, and that salad dressing should come in pocket size so I can carry it everywhere. You get a lot for your money at this place. Oh, yeah, one final word: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding.

This is exactly how I feel about 'Ohana -- down to my favorite dishes there.

We often have dined at 'Ohana on our first night of a WDW trip, as I feel it has a fun and unique Disney atmosphere.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed our 1st trip in 10 years to WDW back in October with our 2 boys, ages 8 & 17 and O'Hana's was our 1st night dinner reservation at 5pm. It was fantastic!!! Truly a highlight of our stay. I agree with some of the posters about ages of children. It's pretty pricey and you get a TON - I mean TON of great food - the smaller kids may not get as much out of it - but my 8 year old did the coconut roll race and had fun - I highly recommend it. It's a "MUST DO" on our next trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

O'Hana is GREAT! A definite "MUST DO " for trips after the first experience.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana is one of my favorites
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana was one of our favorite places on our last visit. We cannot wait to go again. The food and atmosphere were fabulous. Kids and adults both had a great time.
    Mr. K

Aug 1990 - The Disney Inn
    Nov 2005 - Pop Century
    Dec 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov 2009 - Pop Century
    Fall 2012 - Art of Animation
    June 2015 - POR
    April 2017 - Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana is the BEST 1 ts meal in all of disney!!the dessert is AMAZING!!
    <3 Anna!

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about your mixed reviews...I say and DH says I think it's good all-around place to go. Good food, good atmosphere, great view of MK. DH says ok food, too noisy. (at least we both kinda agree on the food) It's not a must-do for us every trip, but we would go there again.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We used to love it and go every trip, but the various menu changes have not been to our liking, so we're not planning on going this year during our March trip. We're going to try something different. It may be that we go back to Ohana next year though.
    G

Post Thanks / Like

Noisy, dark, and absolutely worth it.

Appetizers are really good. Great salad and salad dressing. And if you go and like the salad dressing, ask your server for the recipe, and they'll give it to you.

LOTS of meat. Sausage, shrimp, turkey, beef....sometimes overcooked and a little dry, but still really good. GREAT wings for the appetizers.

The dessert is, we think, the best dessert that we have tried at WDW. Now, we have never gone to any of the really $$$ restaurants, so I don't know what they have in those places. But i'm usually all about chocolate, and this is one of my rare exceptions.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: