Quantcast Tatoos bad? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tatoos bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I didn't say German = Nazi. What I said was, correctly, that there is a segment of the population that does not have a positive opinion of Germans.

Right, wrong, or indifferent that's a fact.

It's not about reality, it's about people's perceptions of reality. As many people have pointed out already, having a tattoo doesn't make you a lesser banker or a lesser real estate agent or a lesser insurance rep. It just gives some people that perception.

In life, fair or not, perception is reality.
    I'm not disagreeing with your statement about some having that perception, but rather pointing out how ridiculous that point of view is. In my book that would be a very narrow minded view that I wouldn't bother considering and I can't imagine that there would be very many people to feel that way. In fact I would say that those who perceive German heritage to be offensive probably don't know enough about German heritage to even recognize a German tattoo unless it was something really obvious. I'm sure there is a segment of society that doesn't have a favorable opinion of Disneyphiles, but I don't let that stop me. I get what you are saying about perception, but I think a well placed tattoo paying tribute to one's familial heritage would be a great meaningful tattoo.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with your statement about some having that perception, but rather pointing out how ridiculous that point of view is. In my book that would be a very narrow minded view that I wouldn't bother considering and I can't imagine that there would be very many people to feel that way. In fact I would say that those who perceive German heritage to be offensive probably don't know enough about German heritage to even recognize a German tattoo unless it was something really obvious. I'm sure there is a segment of society that doesn't have a favorable opinion of Disneyphiles, but I don't let that stop me. I get what you are saying about perception, but I think a well placed tattoo paying tribute to one's familial heritage would be a great meaningful tattoo.
    I suppose that if a person disliked Germans, merely because of their German heritage, that would just be another form of racism, which does exist prevalently in our country, so it's not actually that far-fetched.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I get what you are saying about perception, but I think a well placed tattoo paying tribute to one's familial heritage would be a great meaningful tattoo.
    Cool...then I can go ahead with my next tattoo combining a guy flipping pizzas with an organ grinder and his monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have one tat, my husband has several. Mine isn't visible most of the time, definitely does not show at work. I think they are more common these days. To be honest I forget I even have one most of the time. It's pretty and girly. My kids probably think every one has them since both mom and dad do.

Basically I do not care if anyone has one or does not. The older I get the less I care LOL. I wouldn't think differently of someone if they have/don't have one. Although alot of people are surprised when they find out I have one, it's unexpected to most who know me.
    To anyone who gets one just remember tastes and interests change but the tat stays! A friend of mine got a very strange design when she was much younger and hates it now.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

All righty then, I just have to state the obvious with the "am I a bad person with tattoo's drawn on my body."
    To quote Jessica rabbit,
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that wayD
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I suppose that if a person disliked Germans, merely because of their German heritage, that would just be another form of racism, which does exist prevalently in our country, so it's not actually that far-fetched.
    I don't want to get too off topic but yea, there are definitely people out there who simply dislike Germans. I teach Social Studies in a predominantly white, polish neighborhood and I was shocked at some of the 6th graders misconceptions about Germans. To many of them, Germans still equals Nazis. Hopefully I've convinced them otherwise, I certainly try my best.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't hate me 'cuz I'm a redheaded German!

If people do hate Germans & redheads I guess I'm really in trouble! LOL.

I can personally reaffirm the idea of professionalism. I work in a corporate office where in a policies meeting YESTERDAY, the rule was discussed that ALL tatoos must be covered. My co-worker who has a tat on the back of her neck, ankle & chest is now trying to figure out how to "properly" dress for work. "Turtlenecks & pants w/ socks year round???" She never planned on being promoted to a corporate office and now she NEEDS to look "professional." I don't have any tatoos and this rule is why. (not to mention my mom would have killed me no matter what age)
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to live and let live ????
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Coach48 View Post
    Whatever happened to live and let live ????
    I didn't see anyone saying anything that goes against that. People are just saying you need to consider the consequences of your decisions.

All decisions have consequences, like it or not. You can tattoo yourself from head to toe ... this is America, that's your right, and many people have done just that ... but if you're going to do that do it with your eyes open wide. There will be consequences.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Consequences maybe...judgemental definitely
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Consequences maybe...judgemental definitely
    Judgemental how?

I just don't see how it's judgemental to say, "I run a company and I don't want someone covered in tattoos servicing my customers. It may hurt my business."

That's a choice any business is allowed to make.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

its as simple as judging the book by its cover.Some of the posts in this thread border on bigoted IMO.i personally would want the best person serving my customers,not the best appearing.Beauty is only skin deep.Look past the surface.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness for Hot Topic, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

its as simple as judging the book by its cover.Some of the posts in this thread border on bigoted IMO.i personally would want the best person serving my customers,not the best appearing.Beauty is only skin deep.Look past the surface.
    Bigoted? I think you are being a bit harsh and a tad unrealistic in your view of the business world. Unfortunately most companies view the "best person to serve customers" as those with the most professional look as well as demeanor. We aren't talking about personal relationships ... most customers have very short experience with customer facing employees. Do a search in Theme Parks for complaints about WDW CMs -- it's all image and what a company wants to project, and how that is reflected through all aspect of its employees professional persona.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Best person for the job not best appearing.I would rather lose customers than sacrifice service.If you are so shallow that a visible tattoo on the body of an employee anywhere in this world in any line of work would cause you to not patronize that establishment then I cannot offer anymore rational discussion on the matter.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Best person for the job not best appearing.I would rather lose customers than sacrifice service.If you are so shallow that a visible tattoo on the body of an employee anywhere in this world in any line of work would cause you to not patronize that establishment then I cannot offer anymore rational discussion on the matter.
    I personally never said I wouldn't patronize any establishment with tattooed employees. I could care less, I am saying as someone that hires employees, I know it matters to LOTS of people and I am not willing to lose any customer due to an employees appearance. That seems pretty rational to me.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Then I would expect your business would go under rapidly.

Unless you're selling tattoos or guitars, in which case you're probably okay.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, too bad I didn't stumble on this thread a few days ago before I went to get my 4th tattoo!!

I agree that hiring or not hiring anyone based on visable tattoos is ridiculous...it's just another form of stereotyping. Some people don't hire people in wheelchairs or with burns on their faces because of what "people might think"...still doesn't make it right, but trust me I know it happens. I love to start conversations with people with tattoos..ask them about them, what other ones they have, show them mine, etc.

I love ALL of my ink...it helps define the type of person I am...things I am passionate about. Some people are shocked that I have them, but no one has ever negatively judged me for them (I guess at least to my face)...most people are impressed that I was brave enough to get them. They are conversation starters, etc. There hasn't been one day of regret.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: