Quantcast Dsnygirl's "I can't believe I'm going back already" pre-trip report! :)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dsnygirl's "I can't believe I'm going back already" pre-trip report! :)

Well, this is a trip report I will never get to write again, so I'd better enjoy it.... I just got back from a family trip December 17th, and am headed back to "the World" with some girlfriends next week!! I can't imagine I will ever have two trips so close together ever again -- in fact, I still can't believe I'm headed back already, it feels surreal -- so this is one pre-trip report I'd better do a good job at!

The short version of how this trip happened so close to my other one is that a few of us at work (I am a labor & delivery nurse) have always wanted to go to Disney together, and have been talking about it for a couple of years. We finally decided to do something about it, and last spring, got it all together and made our ressies.... I'd voted for further out in the spring, but the other girls wanted January, so here we are... me headed back 5 weeks after returning!!

(The other short "story" involved in this trip is the hairy eyebrows, long sighs and grumbles I am getting from my DH... otherwise known around here as CaptJackSparrow, but rarely online... I figured I'd be hearing it from my two DD's who are 7 & 10, but no, it's their dad who is giving me the "I can't believe you're going back w/o me/us" and other various insundry comments... I just look at it this way -- he says he is going to live vicariously through me while I'm there, I have instructions to text him and send photos -- and it's probably thus guaranteeing me my October trip... )

Anyway -- on with the pre-trip report...

My dates -- Thursday, Jan. 22 - Monday, Jan. 26

The cast --

Me -- 41 yr old Disney nut who loves all things planning, esp. for Disney trips, and can't wait to go back!

Kate -- aka Kisobel on here -- I won't tell her age for fear of vengeance, but suffice to say she's "close" to my age and a fellow Disney nut who I re-introduced to the insanity, and to this site.

Jenn -- a bit younger than us, but just as crazy about Disney...

Shauna -- around Jenn's age, and (by now you can sense a theme here) also crazy for Disney.

We are all arriving & leaving at different times, so I will just give you all a brief idea of our plans...

Kate arrives Wed. evening, and will enjoy the parks to herself 'til Jenn & Shauna arrive Thurs. morning. I arrive Thursday evening, and will join everyone at DTD after I check-in at AS Music, where I am staying next door to Kate. (Jenn & Shauna are at POP)

Thursday evening, I want nothing more than a margarita on the boardwalk at DTD and some shopping time at World of Disney... we never got to DTD in December, and I want to use my AP discount!! (not to mention, I have a list from my family of stuff they "forgot" they wanted in December...)

Friday, Kate & I are hitting MK at rope drop and doing our favorites -- Space, PoC, BTMRR, HM. Then we are heading to Epcot to hook up w/ Jenn & Shauna, and staying there for the day, straight through EMH that night. We have ADR's at Coral Reef, which I really enjoyed in December, and can't wait to go back -- esp. for my Jack Daniel's and Bailey's mousse!! Yumm!! Also totally looking forward to seeing Illuminations, and what they've done to it for '09, and grabbing a slushie in France... totally missed that in December, but am NOT going to this time!!

Saturday, Kate & I are headed to AK for a few hours, as it's my favorite park and I'd otherwise possibly miss it this trip. We'll probably only stay a few hours, then head to MK to meet Jenn & Shauna... we'll be there the whole day, with only a quick break to go to Chef Mickey's for dinner. Then it'll be back for more rides & to see Wishes, which I absolutely love, and am honestly a little bit sad I won't be seeing it w/ my DH or my DD's. But -- knowing me, I will call home during and share it w/ them...

Sunday, Kate & I are headed to DHS for rope drop, just to make sure we have a chance to get on TSM once (or twice -- grab FP's and then wait in line....) and then spending the day there w/ Jenn & Shauna, definitely catching Block Party Bash, as Kate's never seen it and I love it. We have ADR's at Prime Time Cafe for dinner, and we'll stay for EMH, too. The number one thing I want to do there is ToT... for those of you who didn't read my Christmas trip reports, my DD's chickened out on me and we took the "walk of shame" off of ToT, which my DH had already chosen to not ride. So -- I never got on it, and it's my favorite ride at DHS. So! Can't wait for that!!

Monday, Jenn flies out early and Shauna heads to meet her family elsewhere, who are flying down to join her for a cruise (lucky duck!!). Kate and I are headed to AK for their morning EMH, as I don't get picked up by ME until about 10:15. So, I won't get much more than an hour and a half there, and if my ME time becomes earlier than expected, I'll just have breakfast at the resort and hang out 'til it's time to go. Kate doesn't leave 'til Tuesday, so I'm not sure her plans once I leave.

It's a quick trip, and a totally different one for me -- but it'll be fun, and I'm glad we finally were able to pull it off. And considering that it is O degrees here today, that 72 degree weather that's forecasted is looking pretty darn good (no, GREAT) to me!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time. I am going on my annual all girls trip the first weekend in Feb. I love my family, but it does the soul good to get away for a while...especially in Disney. Don't you love the idea of no cleaning, cooking, or hearing "I want", "but you said", "I don't want to"? Relax and enjoy!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

First visit to Disney World 1991
    Countless visits since
    Most recent: Oct 2006
    November 2006
    Feb 2007
    June 2007
    October 2007-2 weeks
    Feb 2008
    June 2008
    Feb 2009
    Oct 2009- HHI Disney Vacation
    Jan 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sounds great! Especially with the current Northeast weather, as you mention. Have an amazing time!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Lucky you!!
    I don't think my kids would ever let me get away with going to WDW without them. Come back and tell us everything, and have fun!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

pogo Guest

OK............ I'm officially jealous ! But it sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you ladies have a great time and make sure to eat a for me !

Post Thanks / Like

All I can tell you is that if my DW did that to me, she would be OFFICIALLY disowned!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Have a Great time with the girls. Looking forward to your trip reports!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    OK............ I'm officially jealous ! But it sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you ladies have a great time and make sure to eat a for me !
    Will do... I'll try to bring back some warmth, too, if I can fit it in my suitcase...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianWDWFan View Post
    All I can tell you is that if my DW did that to me, she would be OFFICIALLY disowned!
    Shhh, don't tell Dan... he hasn't come up with that option yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Wow! Lucky you!!
    I don't think my kids would ever let me get away with going to WDW without them. Come back and tell us everything, and have fun!
    Believe it or not, this is the second time they've "let me go" w/o much of a fuss... the first was when my DH and I had a wknd alone there, and Grandma came and stayed. So far, as long as I bring back a few goodies, they're forgiving...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Have a fabulous time, Blythe! I saw your questions over in Vacation Planing so surmised you were heading there without the rest of your family! How fun that you get some "Blythe time"!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

DH's response to your solo endeavor cracks me up! What a wonderful time you and your friends are going to have.

Thursday evening, I want nothing more than a margarita on the boardwalk at DTD
    Gee, can anyone tag along?! Have a great (WARM) trip. Looking forward to your trip reports!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Shhh, don't tell Dan... he hasn't come up with that option yet...
    Too late I PM'ed him!

I hope you have just an awful time without him.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you will have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it in your reports!

Post Thanks / Like

Have funMaybe we'll see you there

Stephanie
    Disneyland passholder since 2003

2008 WDW may 6-12 FIRST TRIP!!!
    all star sports

2009 Jan 23-feb 1
    contemporary

<<<next visit>>>
    2009 aug 6-10 No Kids;)
    yacht club ...concierge

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time Blythe. Hopefully, when you come back, we'll be out of this dreadful cold snap.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

ok, you can mention how old i am, ya goof. because its the same age as you. my husband is definately taking this better than yours. but then he has a boy's weekend in april. (and we have booked aready for oct at disney)

i say we take a picture on your phone of a pristine micky bar and send it to pogo. and keep taking pictures of it every couple bites. he will totally feel like hes there.

my additions to the pretrip report. on thursday i am going to AK. i have a tour scheduled in the afternoon. i plan to meet up with everyone at DTD that evening. Jen and Shauna are eating at Planet Hollywood.(which doesn't do a thing for me- give me Earl of Sandwich anyday)

monday after Bythe deserts me, i am playing by ear. but i will be in Magic Kingdom that night for EMH. tues i plan to breakfast at the resort and catch ME back to the tundra of CNY.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Blythe,
    I hope you all have a great time! I'll be wishing I was with you.

deb
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisobel View Post
    i say we take a picture on your phone of a pristine micky bar and send it to pogo. and keep taking pictures of it every couple bites. he will totally feel like hes there.
    What a perfect idea... I say we send it to my DH, too...

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Blythe,
    I hope you all have a great time! I'll be wishing I was with you.

deb
    I'll be wishing you were there, too!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip you have planned! Enjoy your time with your girlfriends.

Maybe it you "forget" to bring home a few of those requested items you can make it back before October .

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFanatic View Post
    Maybe it you "forget" to bring home a few of those requested items you can make it back before October .
    Kelly, I like the way you think!!
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great fun trip for you and the girls!! Have a safe trip and can't wait to hear all about it when you return.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: